Gloria Falls

Gloria Falls is a 2.3 mile moderately trafficked out and back trail located near Sandy, Utah that features a waterfall and is rated as moderate. The trail is primarily used for hiking, walking, and nature trips and is best used from April until October.

It lost one star because the trail is not well marked and not well maintained. The hike is amazing!

Follow the Red Pine Lake trail. Once you pass the turn off for the White Pine Lake trail you will cross a bridge )second bridge since you started the hike). Immediately turn to your left (which is the right of the river). If you are crossing the little bridges you have gone too far.
You will be climbing through brush, around rocks and over logs. Stay close to the river. You can make it right to the falls.
We could see the original trail across the river and it was definitely not as safe. It was extremely narrow with steep sides that go into the river.

I went with my 6 year old who thought this was the coolest adventure hike ever. I am glad I did not bring my 2 year old. He would have had a hard time walking and the backpack would have been difficult in the “off terrain” portion of the trail.

great little hike. took the kids and they had lots of fun.

Definitely second others in saying to stay to the right. Took my 5 year old, no issues. Right side looks really washed out. And left side is full shade and beautiful, but plenty of moose droppings, so be wary.

Loved the falls. found trails on both side of the stream

This is a nice beautiful kid friendly hike. lots of shade and beautiful view of the mountains. Note: The last .2 miles you will reach a bridge. I would cross it and stay to the right of the creek until you reach the waterfall. there is no trail along the right side but it's far more safer than the left side of creek. The left side trail is very narrow and lots of loose gravel and dirt making it easy to fall. I would avoid it especially with kids.
The waterfall once reach is beautiful. the area is secluded, surrounded by trees making it peaceful. Love this trail. I did it with my 5yr old and he loved it.

This trail is beautiful especially if you go around golden hour 6pm. The elevation gain is not bad at all. I. took my 5yr old and he said this is one of his favorite waterfalls. Now the last .2 miles right after you reach the bridge, I would cross it and stay to the right of the creek until you reach the waterfall. it's a bit of a scramble but far more safer than the left side. the trail on the left side of the creek is very narrow and lots of loose dirt making it easy to fall especially for kids. I would stay to the right. the waterfall is beautiful and being there you are surrounded completely by trees making it secluded, peaceful, and enjoyable.

This trail is pretty dangerous. I actually hurt my ankle coming down. It's not a well established trail. You are hiking along the river so it's steep and extremely soft, unstable dirt.

Beautiful! It took us some searching to find the trail once it split from the Red Pine/White Pine trails. It is right next to the largest man made bridge. It follows the creek up the hill. Very overgrown and you have to maneuver around brush and trees, but that makes it more secluded.

recorded Track - Aug 31 08:21 PM