Gibbs Trail

Gibbs Trail is a 4.1 mile moderately trafficked out and back trail located near Ogden, Utah that features beautiful wild flowers and is good for all skill levels. The trail offers a number of activity options and is accessible year-round. Dogs are also able to use this trail.

Ogden Utah Is a scenic wonderland with many great hiking trails. The Gibbs Trail on Mount Ogden trail is a fantastic place for a short hike or a daily workout. It is a great place for kids and seniors. This trail offers nice views of the valley below including a beautiful golf course and park. You will also find creeks bridges and abundant wild life.

Good hike for a family. Beautiful scenery and good for bikes as well. There were also restrooms along the way. However, the signs and path were confusing at times.

Went hiking here on 7-21-18. It was a horrible hiking experience. Despite someone yelling at my dog and myself for allowing a dog on this trail even though they’re allowed, the scenery was not pretty at all. I’m sure it’s beautiful in the spring and the fall but not so much now. The trails were confusing as well. The hike (or more like walk) itself was fun and my dog had fun. Probably will never do this hike again.

Fun family hike with mostly shade and some sun. Nice views and a great little break at a wild cherry tree.

Nice trail near Ogden, UT. Some parts are overgrown, but elevation climb is pretty good.

Was very confusing, really narrow parts and areas that crossed through the golf course. We started on 26th street is where we were directed from here. Was nice and shaded most of it, but there is so many forks and splits we didn’t complete it.

very nice easy hike. Lots of shade!

My husband and I completed this hike with our neighbor's dog on June 12.

We started around 5pm, after my husband got off work. This trail was easy and pleasant. It's ether flat or slightly inclined most of the way, with a few river crossings. This trail also intersected with several other trails as well as the golf course... fortunately there are plenty of signs that keep you on the correct path.

When we got to the end parking lot, we just turned around and took the trail back. If you want, at that point, you can just take the street back and it would be less mileage.

It was fun to have the dog with us..... he enjoyed being our leader!

Would recommend this easy hike to anyone!

This is a great walk for little ones. As other reviewers have mentioned, it's not a true loop. if you start at the 29th Street trailhead just turn around when you get to the paved golf course.

We started Gibs Loop at 29th St and then followed the signs to Waterfall Canyon instead of going down around the west side of the golf course. We did not go all the way up to the Waterfall but it was an awesome hike. A lot of the trail was along the riverside and shaded. Really a beautiful hike. Going this way does take you in an actual loop right back down to 29th St.

Great trail. Although they refer to it as a loop, its not a loop. It ends in the parking lot and to finish the loop, you have to walk on the street.
Mount Ogden Park parking lot is very interesting meeting spot for people, loud music from the car, some people just sit in the car, smoke and hang out. There was nobody on the trail today, but the parking lot was full and loud.

This was a nice relaxing trail, beautiful scenery and mostly shaded. Don’t do the loop like as stated in previous posts, its just street walking. Turn around and go back.

Easy and beautiful trail. Can’t get lost. Lots of feeders. Do out and back. Loop sucks and is on concrete. We love the strong river bench you can chill at about 1.5 miles up. Great spot for refreshing or lunch. They have two tables. Fairly quiet. Go Sunday’s lol.

beautiful!

So we did this one 4/9 on a perfect Spring evening. The trail was nice and dry, had good views, winds through trees, passes over Strong Creek, and has some fun parks at the end (though the park is at the beginning if you follow the AllTrails directions). We started at the 29th Street trailhead and hiked to the park. Then my teenage girls watched my boys play there as I completed the loop back up to the trailhead to grab the van. It wouldn’t have been hard for the kids to walk up to the trailhead, but it is always nice to have a fun destination when hiking with kids. Also, its actual name is Gib’s Loop if you’re wanting to look it up on other sites.

Great loop trail if you take 29th to Taylor and up through the park. Beautiful and not strenuous. Elevation is really about 150' that you do a couple of times.

Different scenery... meadow, Mountain, forest, the valley...
Loop includes one mile of city.... which is kind of a bummer.
Nice creek bench to relax on.

Sunday, July 09, 2017

Do not waste your time and start the trail at 32nd and Taylor, this is not the true trail head. You have to walk through neighborhoods. Start at the trail head on 29th street or 36th street. Instead of doing a loop walk all the way in one direction and then turn around. All you will be missing is walking through neighborhoods and on pavement.

Sunday, July 02, 2017

Loved this trail! Super easy, despite the sign at the trailhead describing it as "sometimes strenuous". I made it a loop by walking down 29th to Taylor back to the 32nd Street trailhead. Despite this last part being in a neighborhood, it was quiet and pretty and I enjoyed it.

I wasn't quite sure what to expect from this trail when I realized it was mostly around a golf course. However, I was pleasantly surprised to find that a lot of the time, the trail was in a wooded area and I couldn't see the golf course at all.

There were lots of birds and butterflies to see. The trail also crossed the water a few times. Bring your hat and sunscreen, there were several long stretches without shade.

Monday, June 26, 2017

Fantastic short hike for a summer morning. Some foot traffic and a few bikes but not crowded. Wildflowers, mostly shaded, very scenic, good for birders, views of the city. Trail is quite narrow in some spots. Excellent opportunities for nature photography.

Thursday, June 15, 2017

My kind of hike. Not far, in the shade, and lots of water. Very pretty trail.

Saturday, June 10, 2017

Fun trail.

Monday, June 05, 2017

Very pretty Trail! #korycasale

Wednesday, May 31, 2017

Great walk with the kiddos

Monday, May 22, 2017

Nice trails, water falls galore from snow melt. Lots of wildflowers and cactuses starting to flower.

Sunday, May 14, 2017

We really liked this trail. It was paved and the signs were very helpful. I liked how easy it was for our dog, I could tell that the roads were well kept. The trail ended at the starting point of Waterfall Canyon. People can do two hikes if they wanted too. It's a good hike for kids too.

Saturday, May 13, 2017

Absolutely fantastic if you follow to waterfall!!!!!

Wednesday, May 10, 2017

We started at the 32nd street trailhead.
This is an easy but long trek, that our 5 year old and dog were able to do no problem!! Low traffic and we'll shaded for most of the hike :)

Tuesday, February 14, 2017

great family friendly hike

Monday, July 04, 2016

Very easy, great with kids and dogs!! Was really pretty in the evening with the sun starting to set, and it wasn't very busy!

Tuesday, May 31, 2016

Nice hike when you're looking for something easy