Gibbs Trail

Gibbs Trail is a 4.1 mile moderately trafficked out and back trail located near Ogden, Utah that features beautiful wild flowers and is good for all skill levels. The trail offers a number of activity options and is accessible year-round. Dogs are also able to use this trail.

Ogden Utah Is a scenic wonderland with many great hiking trails. The Gibbs Trail on Mount Ogden trail is a fantastic place for a short hike or a daily workout. It is a great place for kids and seniors. This trail offers nice views of the valley below including a beautiful golf course and park. You will also find creeks bridges and abundant wild life.

beautiful!

So we did this one 4/9 on a perfect Spring evening. The trail was nice and dry, had good views, winds through trees, passes over Strong Creek, and has some fun parks at the end (though the park is at the beginning if you follow the AllTrails directions). We started at the 29th Street trailhead and hiked to the park. Then my teenage girls watched my boys play there as I completed the loop back up to the trailhead to grab the van. It wouldn’t have been hard for the kids to walk up to the trailhead, but it is always nice to have a fun destination when hiking with kids. Also, its actual name is Gib’s Loop if you’re wanting to look it up on other sites.

Great loop trail if you take 29th to Taylor and up through the park. Beautiful and not strenuous. Elevation is really about 150' that you do a couple of times.

Different scenery... meadow, Mountain, forest, the valley...
Loop includes one mile of city.... which is kind of a bummer.
Nice creek bench to relax on.

Do not waste your time and start the trail at 32nd and Taylor, this is not the true trail head. You have to walk through neighborhoods. Start at the trail head on 29th street or 36th street. Instead of doing a loop walk all the way in one direction and then turn around. All you will be missing is walking through neighborhoods and on pavement.

Loved this trail! Super easy, despite the sign at the trailhead describing it as "sometimes strenuous". I made it a loop by walking down 29th to Taylor back to the 32nd Street trailhead. Despite this last part being in a neighborhood, it was quiet and pretty and I enjoyed it.

I wasn't quite sure what to expect from this trail when I realized it was mostly around a golf course. However, I was pleasantly surprised to find that a lot of the time, the trail was in a wooded area and I couldn't see the golf course at all.

There were lots of birds and butterflies to see. The trail also crossed the water a few times. Bring your hat and sunscreen, there were several long stretches without shade.

Fantastic short hike for a summer morning. Some foot traffic and a few bikes but not crowded. Wildflowers, mostly shaded, very scenic, good for birders, views of the city. Trail is quite narrow in some spots. Excellent opportunities for nature photography.

My kind of hike. Not far, in the shade, and lots of water. Very pretty trail.

Fun trail.

Very pretty Trail! #korycasale

Great walk with the kiddos

Nice trails, water falls galore from snow melt. Lots of wildflowers and cactuses starting to flower.

We really liked this trail. It was paved and the signs were very helpful. I liked how easy it was for our dog, I could tell that the roads were well kept. The trail ended at the starting point of Waterfall Canyon. People can do two hikes if they wanted too. It's a good hike for kids too.

Absolutely fantastic if you follow to waterfall!!!!!

We started at the 32nd street trailhead.
This is an easy but long trek, that our 5 year old and dog were able to do no problem!! Low traffic and we'll shaded for most of the hike :)

Tuesday, February 14, 2017

great family friendly hike

Monday, July 04, 2016

Very easy, great with kids and dogs!! Was really pretty in the evening with the sun starting to set, and it wasn't very busy!

Tuesday, May 31, 2016

Nice hike when you're looking for something easy

Monday, May 30, 2016

Nice loop to hike. I like the elevation changes and write trails.

Monday, April 04, 2016

It was good a mountain biking trail for beginners. Some climbing and a little downhill throughout the trail. Pay close attention there are a lot of trails and easy to get lost and into other trails. Overall good trail to start on!

Monday, June 08, 2015

Very nice. . My 4 year old loved it!

Friday, August 24, 2012

Ran into this trail when we were hiking the Waterfall Canyon and we checked it out and it was a lot of fun. Lots of hikers and joggers and a great place for a quick workout after a big breakfast at Karens on 25th!

Monday, July 23, 2012

I got married on this trail and still walk it with my wife and baby several times a week. It's a lovely stroll around the East end of the Mt. Ogden golf course. It does not allow bikes, so if you are on your bike take the next trail up the Mt (I'm not sure what it's called, it goes just above the new 5 million gallon water tank) or on up to the BST. Lots of runners, hikers, and dogs, though.

Friday, May 11, 2012

A fun, easy stroll with some nice views over-looking Weber County. There are other trails in the area though & it can be easy to get off track because of that.

Thursday, April 21, 2011

Not much too it just a nice trail to get some exercise on