Ghost Falls Trail

Ghost Falls Trail is a 2.9 mile moderately trafficked loop trail located near Draper, Utah that features a waterfall and is rated as moderate. The trail offers a number of activity options and is best used from April until October.

Distance: 2.9 miles Elevation Gain: 570 feet Route Type: Loop

Note: The Coyote Hollow Trailhead is closed for renovations. However, the falls can still be accessed from other trailheads.

Started at the East Bench Trailhead. Took Rattler to the Ghost Falls Trail. Both had quite a bit of bike traffic so I took primarily foot traffic paths back. Took Phantom to the Ghost Falls Trailhead (closed now for the season), then followed Phantom back to Casper, then Hoof and Boot, and Burnham Loop. Eventually reaching Bonneville Shoreline Trail back to the trailhead. It was sort of a game to figure out how to make it back down without having to deal with bike traffic and it worked wonderfully. I was the only hiker on the trails, which I thought was unusual on a Saturday afternoon! I did see a half dozen mule deer, though. Great hike!

The coyote hollow trailhead is open. New parking lot!

excellent trail run. Only mild incline except for the final climb to Jacobs ladder trailhead. plenty of shade and beautiful views of the valley while also feeling foresty at points

Pretty, interesting plants, saw two snakes, a doe, and a rabbit. Didn't finish because I ran out of time before nightfall

not too long. some mosquitos. starts with big wide trail that feels too commercial. but then it cuts off, becomes really beautiful. highly recommend

7.4.19. Trailhead closed. upper access Ann's trail closed to construction as well. Not sure when its going to open. Don't waste your time like we just did.

Fun trail which passes through a silica pit and winds through shady scrub oak. We took the first sign to Ghost Falls. This is the slightly harder route, mostly because it is in the sun. The waterfall was really gushing, 6/17/2019, but you can’t really get close to it because of the fence and stinging nettle. But it’s a nice destination. We continued across the bridge to make the trail a loop. I think going up and back on the shady, easier route would be more fun for kids because there are several bridges to cross. We had a fun time, but if we had to do it again, we’d pass the first sign for Ghost Falls and continue to the second sign.

The water falls where nice. The trail was mudy but expected it rain the night before.

Fun hike. Great views of the valley. Taking the more difficult route wasn't terrible. But a bit more of an incline. You can choose the easier route.

This was fairly shaded for the afternoon, but there were so many trails crossing each other that without following the map while I was recording, I'm not sure we would have stayed on track.

Had a little bit of mud but EASY to avoid. This is definitely a family friendly hike and I think it has great places for kids to explore! The waterfall is nothing extraordinary compared to other waterfalls in the area like Bell Canyon Lower Falls but for little kids I think this is perfect! As you can see from our recording we followed the trail but explored others for a bit. Another thing is the left route labeled “more difficult” really is more difficult so with kids stay to the right. The right side is also a lot more shaded!

recorded Ghost Falls Trail

This was a great easy trail! The first mile is really muddy but doable. Great waterfall. Great views. Highly recommend! Great family hike.

Great trail for families or easy walks. Also would recommend for mountain bikers!

Great hike

Packed in our 9 month old twins. It was a good hike for them. Might have gotten lost without the app. Would be a fun place to mountain bike too.

Took the whole family and loved it! We stayed on the Hoof and boot trail as much as possible because the bikes aren’t allowed on that trail. It was shaded a little more than half of the time and a very beautiful trail to be on. The water fall and bridges were fun. We saw some old vehicles that had fallen off of a road and down into the canyon many many years ago. We will be doing this hike again.

easy hike

Good hike. Lots of bikers!

The falls was pretty nice, but it was very heavily trafficked with hikers and bikers. I came down on a different trail that wasn’t marked on All Trails and that was my favorite. It’s just the hoof and boot path that follows all the trails to the top. I highly recommend this trail if you are on foot. It wonders through some beautiful, thick groves of trees. The best part, though, is it takes away the need to listen to bikers coming down. Beyond that, I didn’t see a single other person on this trail. Which I love for the solitude, but am surprised because it was really good. Hoof and Boot trail! Do it!

Watch out for the bikers if you’re hiking. But overall, awesome trail.

The waterfall is big and beautiful right now!

This trail is awesome. Very snowy right now, but also very peaceful and relaxing. It’s not terribly difficult… Except for the deep snow parts. But it is completely worth it if you have the time. Lots of deer.

Fri Oct 12 2018

Dry and hot, Stop at Ghost falls was pleasant

Fri Oct 05 2018

The trails are well marked and the new footpaths take you off the bike path. Thank you Draper for improving the trails. We followed the new marker

Wed Sep 19 2018

This is a nice hike. However, I just went in September of 2018. Unfortunately, due to the weather there were no "falls". In fact I ended up passing it and hiking over 4 miles. I finally realized I had passed it when I got to the top and was heading down the other side! I went back and found what I could only think it was... a pretty a stream. I assume in the spring it would be better. I wouldn't recommend it though.

Tue Aug 07 2018

Good exercise, ghost falls is a trickle in summer, but hey, get outside.

Sat Aug 04 2018