Ghost Falls Trail

Ghost Falls Trail is a 2.5 mile moderately trafficked loop trail located near Draper, Utah that features a waterfall and is rated as moderate. The trail offers a number of activity options and is accessible year-round.

This trail is predominately used my mountain bikers, so we had to step off the trail quite often. The falls is more of a stream with a drop off, so if you are expecting a large waterfall you will be disappointed. Some of the forks in the trail are not marked, so it is easy to get on the wrong path. I strongly suggest taking a picture of the map at the trail entrance to help guide you. The scenery and trees were very nice though.

Was nice, but no falls. My kids were mad. We also followed the wrong sign. But I had fun. Lots of biker, but they were all nice.

Great hike!!!! Went today which was overcast and perfect for the hike. Definitely going to take the kiddos next time

Lots of bikers, small waterfall - still a nice little hike out with the fam.

Great hike BUT it was more like 5-6 miles start to finish. I did it with twin three year old because it said 2.5 miles but it was at least 2.5 one way.

BEAUTIFUL day for this hike! Trail was dry and although there were quite a few people out, we were able to find a parking spot in the tiny parking lot at the Coyote Hollow trail head. The major thing we immediately noticed is that NOWHERE at the tiny parking spot did anything say Ghost Falls as a marker to let us know we were in the right spot. Luckily a biker had just finished his trail ride and let us know we were in fact at the right spot. So, we took the Coyote Hollow trail and headed out... It wasn't until 0.8 mile up that we finally came across a trail marker that said Ghost Falls (see map recording). That was when we finally knew we were actually on the correct trail. From there it was 0.3 mile to the falls. Total hike up for us was 1.1 mile. The waterfall was flowing very well and we're looking forward to going back up again when all the leaves are on the trees to make it an even prettier experience! Wonderful day! (I hope this description helps other newbies to the trail find the trail head a bit easier).

For the hour I was hiking there, I didn’t see any other hikers. Plenty of mountain bikers. Careful to stay on the hiking trail, especially after the waterfall during the loop. I ended up in the bikers rush path and it’s very winding and muddy on that part. The views were gorgeous, ranging from rolling green hills, to desert rock and plants, to inside a forest of tall shrubs coming from off the waterfall and creek! So much variety in views and vegetation. I saw a section of poison ivy and poison oak just off trail at the waterfall area, but nothing on trail. This is the nicest kept trail I’ve seen, it’s so beautiful and definitely worth a morning hike! Not too long, and it had a steep portion, but overall pretty easy. Gets the blood flowing.

Easy trail with great views and lots of vegetation. Hike up farther past the falls for some amazing views of Draper and Salt Lake Valley! Trail is pretty muddy right now from all the melting ice and snow

This says it was dog friendly but the path to the falls is part of the watershed so dogs are not allowed. There are multiple trails from this trial head and some are dog friendly but most have signs posted saying no dogs allowed. We ended up just following the Bonneville Shoreline Trail for awhile because it was the only trail that allowed dogs.

Yes it was alternating between ice and mud, but it’s winter. I didn’t mind the grade and it’s pretty well signed to the falls. The falls are small but interesting. If you go in winter and there’s no poison ivy, you can crawl up past the falls to a bonus waterfall if you’re up for a little scrambling.

Not exactly what I expected, much of the trial is wide and flat. Incline was slow. Maybe better for a bike ride.

nice little hike, maybe it was the time of the year but the waterfall was almost non existent. fortunately the leaves were changing which made for some beautiful views. also made it really easy to identify the poison ivy since it was all bright red. on the way back we saw a sign that said ghost falls trailhead. we decided to take it which ended up at a couple of picnic tables on a dirt road. really pretty views of the valley. quite a bit longer trail, we ended up hiking about 6 miles total.

Leaves are starting to change, beautiful time of year for this hike! Wish I could start every morning this way⛰

easy going trail in and out of shade. falls is kinda of meh due to over growth of funa. poison ivy heaven! lots of poison ivy beware