EveryTrail is now a part of AllTrails! Please click here to read more.

Gemini Bridges OHV Trail

Gemini Bridges OHV Trail is a 13 mile heavily trafficked point-to-point trail located near Moab, Utah that features beautiful wild flowers and is rated as moderate. The trail offers a number of activity options and is accessible year-round. Dogs are also able to use this trail.

Distance: 13.0 miles Elevation Gain: 1,925 feet Route Type: Point to Point

scenic driving

For an out-and-back mountain bike ride, park your car at this turnout and start riding your bike up the trail. For a loop ride or to shuttle a car, park your car at the turnout and continue up US 191 to Highway 313, where you will ride or drive uphill for 12.8 miles to a dirt road on your left marked Gemini Bridges. Beautiful scenery on way to remarkable Gemini Bridges. The bridges are not apparent until you get close and look down. An extremely popular mountain bike route. Please slow down to minimize dust when passing. To view bridges from below, see Bull Canyon Trail. (Available from FunTreks on EveryTrail.) Turn left on road before Gooney Bird Rock for good camp spots. Open all year weather permitting. Best time to go: Spring and Fall. Located on BLM land. For current status call Bureau of Land Management, Moab Field Office at (435) 259-2100. Off-road Driving Rating: Easy. This once-rocky road has been tamed by rock-grinding equipment. One steep hill after Point #5 requires four-wheel drive. The route shown on this page is a point-to-point. This route could also be done as an out-and-back by turning around after you get to the Gemini Bridges.

I actually had my family drop me off about 6 miles before heading back to the parking lot to hook the razor back up. The run descending was amazing. The red rock, quietness, view, flats, climbs and running downhill was everything.

off road driving

This is a fun little trail. We drove from 191 to 313 and stopped along to view the bridges area. I rated it a 4 because it's fun to do but overall scenery is better in other locations.

off road driving

Wow!! Breath taking views. There was plenty of opportunity to hike or mountain bike this trail as well. Easy drive anyone could to this one. It was hot when we went so wear sun protection, not any shade. There were some camping spots but they were to crowded for us.

easy for a truck,never needed 4 wheel drive. the sights are spectacular.

off road driving

Gemini Bridges themselves were awesome features and you could walk around the sight pretty easily. We drove a stock 2016 Ram 1500 from 191 to 313 no problem at all. The 313 side is way smoother, pretty much a groomed dirt road. One of the favorite parts of our trip.

off road driving

A beautiful view. We drove an atv to the trail head. A short distance from parking area once you arrive.

bridge out

off road driving

Easy trail, headed all the way down to a short hike to see Gemini Bridges from below (15m each way). No obstacles- any awd vehicle with decent ground clearance won’t have an issue.

Did this a trail with a combination of Polaris Razor/ Mountain bike. So much fun! I will come back again and again! I got to see Gemini bridge from the top and the bottom.

off road driving

Easy family friendly trail, we had ages 7 to 62 in a 6-seater side by side. Short walks to Tusher Tunnel, Dinosaur Bones, and Stagecoach Stop.

off road driving

Fun trail, did it in a stock 4x4 4Runner. Great trail for the family!

off road driving

Fun trail, the climb from 191 might be one of the best parts, most 4x4 should be able to make it from 191 easy, most vehicles could make it from 313, we only saw 2 other vehicles on our drive thru. Easy hikes and lots of spots for pictures. If u do it in the winter, be careful of ice, long fall if ur vehicle slides.

pretty views, lots of room to explore!

off road driving

Used this as part of a loop trip. Gemini Bridges, to 313, then Shafer Trail to Potash and back to Moab. I did take the Bull Canyon run to the bottom of the arches (worth it, you need 4wd for that tail). First part of the main trail is much more interesting, that the second half. After the bridges it becomes a bumpy ride then gravel road to 313.

Sunday, June 03, 2018

Have taken it both ways. Pretty, especially the lower parts!

Sunday, May 20, 2018

Great to wheel and plenty of scenery. Did the trail in a 2wd forerunner nissan titan.

Sunday, September 17, 2017

This was a fun trail that took us 1.5 hours in our new stock 4runner. There is a good variety of scenery including a nice ledge climb at the start near 191, some sandy sections, flat rock sections and a short hike to the bridges. The last few miles is a gravel road on the plateau. The first part required a bit of spotting by my wife but she said we weren't close to scraping anything.

Friday, August 04, 2017

We've driven this trail two times and it was great both times. This trail afforded many scenic views and photo opportunities. This is a great journey for returning to Moab from Canyonlands National Park and Dead Horse Point State Park.

Tuesday, July 04, 2017

Monday, June 19, 2017

Super fun trail. Great views. Some areas are more of a task than others. accomplished in a Jeep Cherokee Trailhawk easy

Thursday, June 15, 2017

Dirt biking- Cool trail, just very easy. Couldn't figure out how to see the arches from below- which would have been awesome. You can't ride over the bridges anymore- but I was fine with that bc I don't think I would have wanted to (considering there is a plaque there for someone who past away "doing what they love"). We took a left before you go up the hill and went on another trail (difficult). It was technical riding! We rode till there was a MAJOR drop down (no way I could get up or down- nor my husband), then turned around. That part was fun!

Monday, June 12, 2017

Beautiful Trail. lot's of places to pass other vehicles safely. Very easy. Saw a few Subaru's going up.

Sunday, August 21, 2016

fun trip to the bridges. loved the beginning of the trail when you have to climb the side of the hill.

Saturday, March 26, 2016

Easy off road travel. Quick walk from the road to the bridges. Don't be dumb and jump the gap between the bridges.

Tuesday, December 08, 2015

4 wheeled to the bridge a few years ago and loved seeing this bridge

Thursday, July 09, 2015

UTVd this one. Fun ride and spectacular views.

Monday, May 25, 2015

I guess we took the ATV road section by mountain bike to Gemini Bridges. I wasn't in love with it but my bf thought it was the best thing ever since on the way out there is a pretty long downhill. I wasn't a fan of the gravel but the gravelly section isn't that long.

Tuesday, May 05, 2015

We rented a Jeep Grand Cherokee while in Moab and decided to do a little off-roading. This trail was fun, a little bumpy, but easy to manage. Get out and hike the short distance to Gemini Bridges there really cool.

Thursday, January 22, 2015

Super great, easy drive to the bridge. I HIGHLY recommend driving down to the bottom and taking a stroll to the bottom side of the arch. It's a pretty rad opportunity to stand on the bridge then see it from the bottom! We went there in Dec 2014 and it was pretty chilly even though the skies were clear. I suggest a hat all year round as the sun is still bright when the sky is clear in the winter. Check in with the rangers before heading out to check which trails are open.

Monday, October 21, 2013

This trail is light and fun, the best part was getting to walk out onto the Gemini Bridges and take lots of cool pictures. Its awesome how it is a straight drop down from the bridges but not to worry its plenty wide to stand and walk across!