Frary Peak Trail

Frary Peak Trail is a 6.9 mile moderately trafficked out and back trail located near Syracuse, Utah that features a lake and is rated as difficult. The trail is primarily used for hiking, running, and bird watching and is best used from April until November. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

Distance: 6.9 miles Elevation Gain: 2,335 feet Route Type: Out & Back

Users have reported that during the winter there is a closed gate that adds half a mile each way to the hike.

icy

I would recommend the first half of this trail. The gate is closed so anticipate another .5 miles. Spikes and gators are a must! At about 2.5 miles up is when we should have turned around. We trudged through knee deep snow following snow shoe prints & we only saw 2 other couples all day! Incredible views all day long, we heard some coyotes howling back and forth, saw some deer track as well as some pheasants. Really beautiful day for a hike. Whoever said this trail should be “moderate” probably just finished hiking Everest. It wasn’t technical but very strenuous with the snow.

icy

Wasn’t too bad. I feel like moderate is a good difficulty for it. Had to go around a few buffalo, but other than that, it was awesome!

fee

We ended up doing Dooly Knob so this trail recording is for that.

Awesome trail

fee

This trail took me 24,000 steps. It was my first summit and it kicked my butt. This trail should be rated hard. It was the most amazing hike. The views were out of this world. There was a Buffalo on the trail on the way down. it was an excellent way to get pictures without being in danger. Then we just hiked up and around him. We just happened to get a day with excellent weather. I love this trail. FYI: There is no Geocache at the summit.

Now is the perfect time to hike this trail. No bugs, great temps, beautiful views!

Up hill but so worth it. Took us just under 4 hours with plenty of stops along the way to soak in the views.

beautiful, lots of wildflowers

Great hike with great views. Steep trail. Signage at the trailhead indicates the hike is Difficult, which I would agree with. Not sure why AllTrails shows Moderate.

Very unique look at Antelope Island and Great Salt Lake! Start early in the morning because it gets hot and there's no shade at all!

The trail is well marked and easy to follow. It is fully exposed so be cautious on hot sunny days. There is no water along the trail, you must carry enough. it can be very buggy in early summer, but they are mostly gone by August. Be careful with dogs, we once took our Siberian Husky and the hot sharp rocks on the trail tore up her pads before we reached the peak so we had to turn around.

this trail if pretty easy. only part that gets difficult is the last mile. for the most part very scenic. I hiked it at 6:15pm 8/11/19 and watching the sunset was majestic. it will take a solid 3 hours if you stop here and there but I would highly recommend doing it regardless. Antelope island is a sleeper.

Hike was steep, did it on 8/10/19, at 9 a.m. the weather was no bad and the mosquitos were better than what I was expecting, after the antenna gets hard but not impossible and it's worth it because the views are amazing. Make sure you have enough water and sunblock there is not shade at all.

Left around 9am and weather wasn't bad at all. Bugs not as bad as other reviewers said, just lots of ants once the sun came out. Tracked it closer to 7.3 miles. Awesome trail really surreal scenery that makes you feel like you're on a different continent.