Four Lakes Basin Trail

Four Lakes Basin Trail is a 16.8 mile moderately trafficked loop trail located near Kamas, Utah that features a lake and is rated as moderate. The trail is primarily used for hiking, fishing, and fly fishing and is best used from June until October. Dogs are also able to use this trail.

The Highline Trailhead is located 34.5 miles east of Kamas on the Mirror Lake Highway (U-150).

90% uphill but the hike is worth It, the whole time we were pretty much on fucking grind time. We almost got fucked up by a 500lb Bear, to dark to tell what kind of bear It was. Plenty of water to go around if you have a filter, there are a couple of natural springs to stop by and fill up as well. But the whole time we had to watch our fucking ass. But the grind was really worth It. Fishing in Jean lake is incredible. Last time we were up we fishing along the Rocky Mountain base, and silver spinners worked amazingly. Fly fishing wasn’t very hot at jean lake.

Tuesday, August 15, 2017

Really worth the walk. As we entered the four lakes basin we stayed on the trail that goes to Jean Lake, or the northern choice. It was serene and pleasant. No one else was around, in fact we only saw a couple deer for wildlife.

I will add, though, that the mileage is more than the trail description estimates. My GPS calculated 10 miles from the parking of the Highline trailhead to Jean lake. to verify, it was 10 miles on the way out as well. If you're doing this as a day hike it might be worth considering some extra food and having a water filter.

Friday, August 04, 2017

This was an amazing weekend backpacking trip! Strenuous but well worth it!

Friday, June 09, 2017

Great place to visit. Beautiful hike almost the whole way. Great places to stop on the way in. Not overcrowded. Great lakes to fish in. Make sure you bring your rod, don't forget to stop at Carolyn and catch as many arctic graylings as your heart desires.

Tuesday, September 06, 2016

Well maintained trail. Relatively easy, just long. Absolutely amazing scenery and views. There were very few people on the trail, especially for Labor Day. I will definitely do this one again. It is worth the full day trek.

Sunday, July 10, 2016

Went up with the scouts and had a blast fishing and enjoying the view. Caught larger fish in Daynes lake :)

Wednesday, April 15, 2015

Great hike. I'd recommend starting at the upper trailhead (not mirror lake) -- shaved a few of the more crowded miles off.

Wednesday, August 07, 2013

Nice Basin with 4 lakes to choose from. Just far enough away from the trail-head to avoid most of the crowds

Friday, June 28, 2013

Love this Trail. It makes a good out and back or a loop. There are lots of options. In mid-June, I did not encounter any bugs in the basin. I'm sure later on in the summer there will be more then plenty to annoy. This area has plenty of camping options so do your best to practice leave no trace camping to keep your secret spot safe.
I made this into a much longer loop then listed in AllTrails. I added a day hike to Grand Daddy Lake and back up to Naturalist Basin.

Saturday, July 29, 2017