Flag Rock

Flag Rock is a 2.3 mile moderately trafficked out and back trail located near Farmington, Utah that offers scenic views. The trail is rated as moderate and primarily used for hiking. Dogs are also able to use this trail.

historic site

The temporary trail head is at the top of 100 N in Farmington. An alternative trail head can be accessed by high-clearance vehicles from the Firebreak Road.

We recently moved to Farmington and did the trail yesterday. It is a really nice hike, especially when you are coming down at sunset. Our group had four boys ranging in age from 9-11. It was just right. Highly recommended.

Loved it.. but need to find a better trail head, we drove our car on fire break road above Farmington pond. Hard hike..

Trail marked very well, easy to follow. Clear paths. Lots of switchbacks, making a moderate/intermediate hike. Hiked during fall month, so the weather was cooler and made parts of the trail tolerable since most of it is open/exposed to sun. This is definitely a fall or spring hike. I would guess it would be very hot during the summer. Steep parts may be hard for snowshoeing in the winter. I loved the beautiful fall colors of the surrounding trees, bushes and views from afar. I took my chihuahua/jack mix with me and he did great. I’ll definitely be back to do it again, fun hike! Btw, I recorded my hike on this app: it was 1.3 miles up and I came back down the exact same way but somehow it recorded it as only being .4 of mile down, hahaha I don’t know why it did that! But it showed only 1.7 miles round trip, it is actually 2.6 miles round trip.

whitewater kayaking