Flag Rock via Patsy's Mine Trail

Flag Rock via Patsy's Mine Trail is a 2.6 mile moderately trafficked out and back trail located near Farmington, Utah that features beautiful wild flowers and is rated as moderate. The trail offers a number of activity options and is accessible year-round. Dogs are also able to use this trail.

cave

historic site

The temporary trail head is at the top of 100 N in Farmington. An alternative trail head can be accessed by high-clearance vehicles from the Firebreak Road.

Great views of the valley and the Great Salt Lake. A good trail for the entire family. If you like mines, Patsy’s is an easy walk into.

This was a super fun hike because of the old mine at the end. Before you go, Google the history of the mine, then you will have the back story as you search the tunnels. Bring a flashlight!

Great hike but it's full sun for almost the entire way, so just be prepared for that.

Super fun but very steep. The kids made it ages 3,6,7 but it was difficult. Worth the hike. Round trip- 3/12 hrs.

Nice hike for Memorial Day. Loved being up at Flag Rock to see the view and ponder what so many have sacrificed for us. Fairly easy trail, but definitely exposed. Luckily it was only in the 60s. The mine was cool and definitely required a light to explore.

Beautiful morning for a hike. The views are spectacular the farther up you go. Well kept trails although a little narrow at times, especially if someone is passing by. There were a lot of families with children and they were all doing well. Patsy’s Mine was a fun little spot off the trail on our way to Flag Rock. I recommend starting early in the day as the heat of summer could make it too difficult.

Went with some friends and it was AMAZING, it is pretty steep and some people in our group with asthma had some trouble with is but the flag and the view were awesome and coming down to the mine was gorgeous. Put it on your list of hikes to do!!!

Great hike. Wish the trails were marked somewhat closer to bottom of trail. There are markers the farther up you go.

Went with the scouts. Fun trail. Pretty good ascent for the whole time. Cave is cool. Nice place for kids to play in for a second.

Rattlers are out and about, be careful! The one we saw today was just off the trail about halfway up, coiled in the grass, and aggressive! It was about 3 inches around, rattler was about an inch and a half long. Higher pitched rattle that sounded similar to the grasshopper that makes that sound.

Easy hike with an awesome mine to go into. Very fun for the kids.

This was a good hike. The cave is awesome to see.

Pretty good excersixe coming up. I think the view is worth it

Pretty awesome place. I remains safe and respected for people to see.

Great trail for a morning hike. There are great views all the way up.

It was good hike I recommend you go with someone you can get lost if it is first time ther get some good hiking shoes I slide down mountain make sure you stay on main trail other than that was good hike and pretty view

We hiked this today (4-22-2018). I’m not sure where they get that this hike is 2.6 miles but it’s 2 miles round trip. The map is wrong. We hiked to Flag Rock which well past Patsy’s Mine. It is a good hike but the app needs to be fixed to show the actual distances.

This is a double win! there is a mine right before you get to the flag that is well worth checking out. Its called Patsi's mine and is only a minute off trail.

The mine is cool and worth the hike. I wouldn't take my children past the mine to the flag. I recommend going up farmington canyon to get to the dirt road then hike from there.

Fun trail, we took our almost 4 yr old and 18 month old. Pretty steep sections, but worth the hike!

Great little day hike with family. Hiked this with my five year old. We hit the mine first and then continued up to the flag pole. The road to get you close to mine is easy if you have moderate ground clearance.

Good stuff did this at sunset, bring lights for the trip down

The trail is well maintained other than just a couple areas that are seeing erosion. Those really weren’t an issue and I felt confident on this trail with my kids. It is a good climb with a great payoff at the end. There is a bench to rest and take in the views about half way up and at the top. Not much shade, so I imagine that it could be a hot one in the summer, but in the cool of an unseasonably dry February, it was very pleasant.

It was a good trail and I loved it! Such a cool place to go.

We recently moved to Farmington and did the trail yesterday. It is a really nice hike, especially when you are coming down at sunset. Our group had four boys ranging in age from 9-11. It was just right. Highly recommended.

Loved it.. but need to find a better trail head, we drove our car on fire break road above Farmington pond. Hard hike..

Trail marked very well, easy to follow. Clear paths. Lots of switchbacks, making a moderate/intermediate hike. Hiked during fall month, so the weather was cooler and made parts of the trail tolerable since most of it is open/exposed to sun. This is definitely a fall or spring hike. I would guess it would be very hot during the summer. Steep parts may be hard for snowshoeing in the winter. I loved the beautiful fall colors of the surrounding trees, bushes and views from afar. I took my chihuahua/jack mix with me and he did great. I’ll definitely be back to do it again, fun hike! Btw, I recorded my hike on this app: it was 1.3 miles up and I came back down the exact same way but somehow it recorded it as only being .4 of mile down, hahaha I don’t know why it did that! But it showed only 1.7 miles round trip, it is actually 2.6 miles round trip.

Loved this hike, I would recommend starting at the firebreak road. If you start at the firebreak road it will save you a ton of time and energy.

we just got done hiking this trail. Access to the fire road was blocked due to construction, it appears new houses are going in. The hike from the road up to the fire road was very steep. It was still a good hike. You are out in the sun most if the time, so take lots of water! We took our 12 and 8 year olds with us and they did just fine. The 8 year old usually complains, but she was a trooper the whole way.

fairly easy trail there is construction so the trail head is a little wonky to get to