Fisher Towers Trail

Fisher Towers Trail is a 4.7 mile moderately trafficked out and back trail located near Moab, Utah that features beautiful wild flowers and is rated as moderate. The trail offers a number of activity options and is accessible year-round. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

Distance: 4.7 miles Elevation Gain: 1,820 feet Route Type: Out & Back

NOTE: While dogs are allowed on leash, there is a small ladder about 1.5 miles into the trail that may be difficult to pass with a large dog. The entire length of the trail is decorated with an enormous variety of rock art, sculpted by the wind and the rain from the soft red sandstone, and it is in large part this spectacle that makes the hike so delightful. The last major tower on the route is the Titan, which the trail passes after about 1.5 miles. After passing the Titan the path veers southwest onto a long ridge from which you will be rewarded with a majestic view of the Towers. The nearest town is Moab, Utah about 16 miles to the southwest. The The Fisher Towers can be accessed from Fisher Towers Road off of Route 128.

We hiked this early one day in August. Great morning hike, not too busy and lots of shade if you go early. Really interesting to weave in and out of all the rock formations. Lots of variety because you go down in and then back up and around. Very different than any other hike we did in the area. FYI, the trailhead lists the distance at 4.4 miles total. I would rate this as a solid moderate with some steep bits and a few dropoffs. Very manageable though especially before 10am.

Amazing hike. Awesome sights. It's 7 stars. It's easy at places to go off trail, other paths. no markers. Put it on your bucket list.

Loved it! Great views the whole time, it’s a little bit of up and down but nothing too steep. Our dog couldn’t use the ladder but we found a path around it. Bring lots of water.

Really great trail. Very beautiful. There are a lot of good trail markers but we found a few spots where we almost lost the trail so it is good to look carefully. The GPS signal can get a bit off the mark with the high walls you hike next to. Hiking early morning (we started at 7:30am) kept us in the shade until the last 1/4 mile of our return trip. Hiked with 8 and 12 year old kids and they did fine.

This hike is amazing. Lots of big Vista views, without a lot of vertical climbing. Awesome rock features. very cool.

If you do it early enough you have plenty of morning shade!! There is a ladder that was difficult to get large pups past! No water on the trail, I would pack lots! Great views!!

On this hike you get to feel like an ant when scaled against the towers. Each corner brings new and breathtaking views. Sheer rock walls tower above you, while others are minutely sculpted by ice, wind, and rain. Majestic. My wife and I are in our 60's, hiked with no difficulties. Be aware of the ladder, but it's only 5 or 6 rungs. Also, on the return there are a few "wrong turn" cairns that lead you astray (hopefully not on purpose), but keep your GPS handy.

Great trail that definitely makes you feel like you’re in Moab, and pet friendly! Just make sure you time it right so you’re not out in the beating sun the whole time, because shade is very limited. And be considerate of your pets because the sand is very hot during the day, so paw protection is probably a good idea.

Definitely don’t hike it during the middle of the day, but if you do there are some shady spots. Where sturdy shoes.

Beautiful and interesting hike outside of Moab. Start early in the day - the area gets very hot very quickly. We started at 6:30am on Saturday morning (Memorial Day Weekend) and had the trail completely to ourselves until about 9:30am on the return trip. Totally worth it for no crowds and low temps. Be aware that there is a 7 rung ladder that you need to traverse - it would be very difficult to bring a large dog up and down this ladder. The Titan is a magnificent sight!

Beautiful hike with 360 views the entire time. One of my favorite views and scenes in the “Moab” area. I took my small dog no problem, but some passages would be difficult or dangerous w a dog you cannot carry.

really beautiful. hard enough to make it worth it, but easy enough to accomplish it

In my top five hikes- we had the trail end rock to ourselves on a Saturday late morning for about 15 minutes. Stunning scenery, cool to see the rock climbers on the main tower. Highly recommend

Great hike with great views, two many loose dogs yikes , respect others and enjoy this wonderful area

Great views! Also, look up high to see if you can spot some rock climbers.

Great trail with incredible views. for people with big dogs there is a way to hike around the ladder. I took my 70 lb dog on it and had no trouble!

amazing views! never a dull moment on this hike. luckily we avoided the sun most the time or it would've been super hot! such a unique scenery. we really enjoyed it!

Awesome, loved it, a little warm but to be expected at this time of year! Beautiful views and exceptional scenery.

Incredible views

beautiful hike! great views! My dog loved it, but he was a little nervous about the ladder. he is only 45 pounds so I was able to carry him up the ladder, but I wouldn't recommend hiking it with a bigger dog.

Absolutely stunning views. However, we did this towards the end of the day. I had done 2 shorter hikes prior (total 5-6 miles) and I felt my legs on this one. There is a significant amount of elevation change but the trail does quite a bit of elevation change. I also would agree this is not a dog friendly trail unless you are willing to just do half.

amazing trail. breathtaking the whole way through and the views at the end are worth it, if nothing else. Highly suggest going as early as possible though. Hardly anyone on the trail at 8:30 AM, but by 10:30 AM on the way back down, there were a fair amount of people on the trail and the parking lot was full.

Wow! The rock formations are breathtaking as is the final view at the trail end. A few tricky parts where you can lose the trail - but remember to follow the cairns and you’ll be fine. Also there is one point that requires climbing a ladder - in case that’s a concern

I first want to say I disagree with this trail being a dog friendly trail. I have a boxer and an American bulldog. Both are active and pretty agile. This trail has a lot of scrambling and not great for their paws. Also about 1.5 miles in there is a 6ft metal ladder. Unless you can carry your pup you won’t be able to cross. Since my pups are 75lbs and 85lbs and I was alone that was the end of our journey. Overall I was pretty unhappy since I read in numerous posts how great this trail is.

It’s slightly muddy right now and lots of traffic, so start early (before 10) for a good spot. Nice views, and a lot of up and down. I consider this easy/moderate but some folks were surprised by the climbs.

Snowpack conditions. Lots of ice in the shady spots. Yak Trax highly recommended. That said, with the snowstorm today’s hike was extraordinary. Top 3 in Moab.

We did not complete this hike as we got there too late in the day but we hiked around for about an hour taking some awesome photos! What a majestic spot! Wish we could have done the hike! If you are in the Moab area... this spot is a MUST SEE! The drive there is beautiful!

Like most have said, this is GEM right outside of Moab! We drove in from Denver and came straight to this trail. Started at 11:30 and we’re back at the picnics grounds by 2:30. There is substantial ice at some points, so spikes are highly recommended. The wind picks up BIG time as you hike deeper into the towers so bring a wind breaker. Every turn is jaw-dropping, and the end is a total 360 view. Definitely will recommend this as a great 4 miler without a huge elevation gain.