Fisher Towers Trail

Fisher Towers Trail is a 3.9 mile moderately trafficked out and back trail located near Moab, Utah that features beautiful wild flowers and is rated as moderate. The trail offers a number of activity options and is accessible year-round. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

The entire length of the trail is decorated with an enormous variety of rock art, sculpted by the wind and the rain from the soft red sandstone, and it is in large part this spectacle that makes the hike so delightful. The last major tower on the route is the Titan, which the trail passes after about 1.5 miles. After passing the Titan the path veers southwest onto a long ridge from which you will be rewarded with a majestic view of the Towers. The nearest town is Moab, Utah about 16 miles to the southwest. The The Fisher Towers can be accessed from Fisher Towers Road off of Route 128.

Wow! Amazing scenery and rock formations. One of my new favorite hikes in the moab area. It was a bit muddy in places but other than that it wasn't too difficult. Our pups loved it too!

Beautiful hike. I’ve driven by this trailhead for over 20 years but never hiked it before. Didn’t realize what I was missing. Challenging in spots with ice and mud but definitely worth it. Think obstacle course....

Great hike, but a little treacherous right now due to snow, ice and mud in places. I had Yaktrax, which I used off and on depending on my anxiety level. The other people I saw seemed less cautious, but I would have been nervous at some of the higher points. No one climbing the towers today. The road to the trailhead is completely snow covered, but I saw at least one passenger car make it up successfully.

Excellent trail with breathtaking views. It’s a tough one because of the incline but worth every step!

Awesome hike!!!!! Great climbing opportunities!!!! Had a great time hiking here!!!

I suggest bringing a lunch and stopping at the end to eat, the view is spectacular! There is a fair amount of loose rock and slick rock throughout the hike along with plain dirt. Don't forget plenty of water, snacks, and sunscreen. I drank 1.5 liters of water and I never needed to stop to go.

Fun trail to hike with the kids, 8 year old twins and our 5 year old. Made it to Titan and then turned back to keep their legs fresh. A bit windy in spots and exposed - hats and sunglasses help. Not very crowded, even on UEA weekend when Arches had a line of cars. Hidden gem short drive from Moab

Outstanding scenery rock formations. Big views. The trail is well marked. Mostly moderate but some difficult sections

We started the hike about 1 hour before sunset. Somehow about 20 minutes into the hike, we lost our way off the path given in this app. When we realized we were not on the path, we felt kind of odd as we were really quite a ways off the path and we were burning daylight! We did finally get back to the path but couldn't finish it, though we did see a great sunset. From the part we did I think it's kind of moderate, but the difficulty was on keeping on the track!! We found our way back ok, though.

Incredible views from every angle! If camping nearby try for Lower Onion Creek Campground, the camground right by the trail isn't ideal. A little more detail:

While the official elevation isn’t too bad there are a lot of ups and downs. What we really enjoyed was the variety of views that popped up around every corner. Once we reached the sign for the “Titan” we posted up just off the trail and watched the climbers get to the top of this peak. Fortunately we had binoculars with us and could see their triumphs along with hearing them celebrate when getting to the top. Since we had our pup Chica with us, the Titan sign was about as far as we could go; the fixed ladder you need to climb in order to continue on the trail isn’t too dog friendly.

For more info and things to do in the area check out http://livelifemobile.com/fisher-towers-parriott-mesa/

I was awed with the views on the entire length of the trail. The trail takes you directly beneath sheer walls of red rock. If you are lucky, you may see climbers in cooler weather. We decided to skip the crowds at Arches National Park and see the sites here in Castle Valley. We've been to Arches a few times. If you have a jeep (or a rental car), do the Onion Creek trail just 2 miles away from Fisher Towers. Negro Bill was a nice canyon about 10 miles away but Fisher Towers was the most impressive. The entrance to Arches had a 1 hour wait just to get in the front gate!

Check out the view from the air in this link

Did this hike during the summer towards the middle of the day. Bad idea. If you decide to do this trail, bring lots of water, especially during the summer.

Also, there was another trail to the side of the main one with rock cairns (rock piles) that were very misleading. If you find yourself in a narrow slot canyon that seems to wind around to another trail or ends at a rock wall, turn around because that's not the right one. Follow the map and written description posted on the sign closely.

Terrific. Amazing. Full of twists and turns.

Hard to find the trail at the end.

Absolutely beautiful new views around multiple turns. We love this trail!!!

beautiful trail, but be sure to finish before the sun sets.

Beautiful! Not to hard. Reached the top as the sun was setting. Perfect. GPS said it was 4.4 when we arrived back at the trail head.

Great trail.Fantastic scenery. 94 degrees today. Glad we chose to make an early hike. Need plenty of fluids along. Highly recommended.

Easy hike, great views the whole way through. Would definitely come back and spend more time here.

One of my favorite hikes, so far!!!! Absolutely gorgeous and amazing, exciting, exhilarating terrain!

Amazing views on this hike! I would recommend even though it's a bit of a drive. Hike is not bad for a beginner and pretty easy for a moderate hiker.

If you have a dog note that there is a ladder about halfway through. If your dog is bigger or isn't used to jumping then your hike will be cut short.