Fins & Things Trail

Fins & Things Trail is a 9.9 mile moderately trafficked loop trail located near Moab, Utah that features beautiful wild flowers and is rated as difficult. The trail offers a number of activity options and is accessible year-round. Dogs are also able to use this trail.

off road driving

Cruise up and down incredibly steep, giant slickrock fins The dominant feature of this trail is its steepness and great traction on the slickrock. Unbelievable fun and fantastic scenery. Best part is between Points 9 and 13. Small fee required to enter. Fee includes map with rules and regulations. Read and follow rules carefully. For information on this trail, contact the Sand Flats Recreation Area at (435) 259-2444. Steep slickrock climbs and descents. Some large ledges have bypasses, but not all. Short vehicles with high approach and departure angles do best, but many stock SUVs are seen on this trail. I'm sure their bumpers drag. The south loop is not recommended for ATVs.

off road driving

Just finished it with my rubicon. Lockers not needed. What a great time.

off road driving

The most fun I've had yet in my new Raptor! Drug the hitch receiver on a few of the down slopes, but no damage at all to the truck. Lockers are almost a must here.

off road driving

This trail is a blast. Hard to rate the difficulty, but with a trusty pal to spot me, I had no issues getting through the trail. Rear locker, 3"ish lift, and 33's on my Tacoma came in handy, although my friend with slighter smaller tires and no locker on his Taco got through without any major issues. I forgot to take my tow hitch off that day, so it did scrape on one obstacle, but I did get through.

It gets pretty steep on short sections, to the point where you can only see your hood and the sky looking through the windshield. If you look at the old silver Land Cruiser in the picture section, I believe that's the steepest uphill part. Drive-arounds are available for some of the more techy stuff.

As always, have a friend with you, air down the tires, pick a good line, and put a smile on your face and you'll be good.

off road driving

Incredible views and challenging enough to keep the driver on his toes but still easy enough in parts for rookie drivers to take the wheel for a while. Amazing scenery on virtually the entire trail.

Fun Jeep ride!

Great hike to an alcove with an amazing view.

off road driving

Awesome off road track can be done on stock higher end jeep wrangler

best ever

off road driving

This is a family favorite on our RZR. Great for night rides.

off road driving

Great challenging introduction into the Moab off road experience.