Fiery Furnace Viewpoint [CLOSED]

easyYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarGray Star(95)
Arches National Park

Fiery Furnace Viewpoint is a 0.2 mile moderately trafficked out and back trail located near Moab, Utah that features beautiful wild flowers and is good for all skill levels. The trail is primarily used for hiking, walking, nature trips, and bird watching and is accessible year-round.

Distance: 0.2 miles Elevation Gain: 3 feet Route Type: Out & Back

closed

This trail is experiencing full or partial closure due to COVID-19. Please see the open trails nearby for alternate hiking options.

We have hiked well over 500 miles this year. FF is in my top 3!!!

Awesome trail! We enjoyed exploring all the dead ends and lots of backtracking to find our way thru. Plan on lits of boulder climbing, navigating narrow slots and lots of rock scrambling. A 1.7 mile hike ended up being 5 miles of fun. Good luck to anyone trying to follow our route thru the Fiery Furnace :)

Great viewpoint, especially with the snowy mountains in the background. Definitely take a quick 5-10 minute stop here. It’s one of the most interesting places in the whole park.

A very easy, short distanced walk to a beautiful viewpoint. A must see, only takes 5-10 minutes and is appropriate for any one. Be cautious of steep drop offs with children.

The fiery furnace is definitely one of the most impressive features at this park

Fri Mar 08 2019

Awesome views of fiery furnace and La Sal mountains!

Tue Nov 13 2018

Not very exciting. I think there are nicer views for sunrise/sunset

Tue Aug 14 2018

Usually nothing but a 5-star rater because, nature. But the fence is so far back you can’t see any of the fins that make up the “furnace”.... maybe I missed them as others seem to have had better experiences but not a lot of reward here. I’m sure the furnace is beautiful, wherever it is.....

Tue Aug 14 2018

The view point is amazing. If I didn’t have heat exhaustion the day before, I would have gone into the fiery furnace (it’s not actually hot).

Wed Jul 25 2018

Super easy hike to stretch the legs a little if you drive the scenic tour.

Tue Jun 26 2018

Easy hike and worth the stop.

Wed Mar 14 2018

Hard to call the walk to the viewpoint a hike. But the view is great. The tour of the Fiery Furnace is much better.

Sun Mar 11 2018

Super easy.

Sun Feb 11 2018

The path was a little muddy as it had snowed/sleeted earlier. It’s a viewpoint that’s close to the fiery furnace, but we saw points further away on the road that made the furnace look more interesting.

Wed Jan 10 2018

Our group didn't enjoy this walk. It was very easy, but the views weren't that great. I would recommend spending your time elsewhere.

Thu Aug 24 2017

This was sort of anti climactic, however, it was very interesting enough for a stop. If you are running out of time I would choose something else to squeeze into your time in Arches.

Thu Jun 08 2017

Easy hike with great views! Can be done by anyone. Lots of parking onsite.

Fri May 12 2017

Due to an approaching storm, we quickly ventured out to the Fiery Furnace observation point. The clouds cast a dark shadow over most of the Furnace area, so the conical oven shaped rocks weren’t lit with fire. The wind was really whipping up so we high-tailed it back to the car. Good overview from this point.

Sat Mar 27 1993

East path that give you a very peek into the fiery furnace area.