Ferguson Canyon View Point

moderate 241 reviews

Ferguson Canyon View Point is a 3.2 mile out and back trail located near Salt Lake City, Utah that features beautiful wild flowers and is rated as moderate. The trail offers a number of activity options. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

Distance: 3.2 miles Elevation Gain: 1,459 feet Route Type: Out & Back

Very pretty! But you will NEED some spikes for this sledders paradise. It’s also way steeper than I thought. I’ll comeback in the spring!

icy

A good amount of ice and snow throughout the whole trail. We didn't make it to the top because it does become a snowy, rocky scramble. But the waterfall was very pretty!

Great workout. took longer than I thought it would. Stick to the redline on the map. No snow but some ice on the stream. easily passable today.

There's not much to see on the way to the top. The awesome view is literally in the last 1/4 mile. And at the top it overlooks the city which is beautiful, but not my style. I would rather overlook the wilderness.

Decent trail if you’re looking for a serious workout. Very steep and rocky. Last part is over grown, loose footing, and no shade. Views at the end are nice though! Make sure you’re wearing good shoes with a grip. And stay away from the river, it’s covered in wasps.

Definitely true about the dashed trail indicates on the map being out of date. It would send you down a very steep and ground-covered slope. That said, the red route that parallels the stream won’t lead you wrong. This is a great hike that rewards with excellent views of the city, and some fun climbing obstacles and photo opportunities.

This is quite a steep and rocky trail. We had a little bit of difficulty staying on the trail but it was beautiful and the views at the top were incredible! I’m not sure if everyone actually gets to the view point because it’s quite a scramble to get up there but it’s worth it! I recorded the 3.6 miles round-trip.

Fun hike with some great views of the city. There were some splitting trails in some parts which make the hike hard to follow. Be prepared to double back several times.

Beautiful hike! but should definitely be rated as difficult. Don't mind my recording/miles, I didn't finish the hike and forgot to stop recording when I got to my car.

This is a nice trail that lets you follow a creek up the mountain in a canyon. Easy to find, and ok the way up you get great city views. There are small paths that veer off for privacy/awesome views but they are very rocky/dangerous so hiking boots are a must. The main trail is very shaded and gets wider as you go up. It was moderate, and a great glute workout. I ran into many friendly hiking but it wasn’t crowded. There were a decent amount of dogs which I was ok with since I brought mine. Overall this was a tranquil spot once you get away from the noise of the city! Enjoy!