Ferguson Canyon Trail to Upper Meadow

Ferguson Canyon Trail to Upper Meadow is a 4.3 mile lightly trafficked out and back trail located near Salt Lake City, Utah that features a river and is rated as difficult. The trail offers a number of activity options and is best used from April until November. Dogs are also able to use this trail.

rock climbing

cave

Ferguson Canyon is a short steep canyon located immediately south of the mouth of Big Cottonwood Canyon. The lower canyon is enclosed by granite walls popular with rock climbers, while the upper canyon contains open meadows.

Nice hike, great trail for the first mile then it gets tricky lots and lots and lots of rocks , so many rocks omg . But thats just a small section once you get past the rocks the trail is great

I just discovered this canyon two days ago and hit it again Saturday morning. Absolute favorite hike since I can take my dog with me on a strenuous hike. The first time we stopped at the rock outcroppings for the view of the valley. But Saturday I went for the upper meadow... and never found it! A bit after the rock outcropping, the trail turns into bush whacking... following it up the ridge only gets extremely difficult but possible for the determined. Does anyone know where the trail to the upper meadow is?

really cool shady hike with some granite monolyths and places to climb. steep with a nice payoff view.

This has been one of my favorite trails for many years. It gets tougher towards the top but it's well worth the effort you put into it. ❤️

Epic hike! So tough at some points going up but so worth it. Didn’t encounter anyone near the top half of the hike and we were stepping on fresh snow. My pup loved it too!

Very good but tired, please take some beers with you

Great hike with amazing views. My pup loves it too!