Farmington Creek Trail

Farmington Creek Trail is a 3.9 mile lightly trafficked out and back trail located near Farmington, Utah that features a waterfall and is rated as moderate. The trail offers a number of activity options and is best used from May until October. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

old growth

The directions on this has you parking next to lagoon. You actually walk through the lagoon trail and then you figure you’d better walk toward the mountain since you thought this was a hiking trail on the mountain, hahaha (the signs are limited). It was a nice climb up but since there were hardly any signs and the path is faint on some parts and then many other paths show up along he way and don’t know where to go (due to he lack of signs) you can easily jump onto another trail. Which I did, I ended up on bonneville shore line trail instead. The trail is open/exposed to the sun, maybe a bit warm during the summer months. It was great weather when I went in October. Some people were shooting their guns out in the area so you need to be aware of that so you don’t walk in their path. I’d like to try again but be on the Farmington creek trail, rather than the bonneville shoreline trail. I ended up doing 4.1 miles out and back with little elevation gain.

Took my puppy and she could handle it.

It was very beautiful and quiet. It was really nice in the beginning, but coming back was challenging. Definitely worth it though.

This is the same hike as Farmington Creek Trail. These two entries should be merged. And after taking along an inexperienced friend, I would agree with the Farmington Creek rating of moderate. Starts at the parking pullout where the pavement ends up Farmington Canyon. Hike just to the falls or continue on to Sunset Campground. Beautiful hike above and through Farmington Creek. Very enjoyable.

Really nice trail, not too steep, an easy 2 hour or less trip with time for stops. Several mini-waterfalls and stream crossings, beautiful valley views, enough shade along the way to get some relief. WARNING: I didn't read the other reviews and missed the parking lot. It should be obvious, but I thought it was farther...it is on a switchback as the road turns to gravel. I realized my mistake after awhile and made a precarious turn around...easy to see how the cars along the hike ended up there!

Did this after work yesterday. Was a good workout while not to demanding. This is the same route as another trail. This is the same trail as another hike listed. The funny thing is this is listed as easy and the other one as moderate. Overall it is a fun hike and you get some great views

Nice cave at the start of the route to take photos in. But it smells like marijuana a little, and ashes from campfire smoke cover the ground, so not recommended to stay and play in it. Just a nice quick photo op.

We enjoyed the old cars along the route, and cooling off in the streams and waterfalls. If doing this hike in the summer, and you're with kids, try to get on the trail early! It's hot and not a lot of cover. Kids tend to set a slow pace. So going in the morning would make it more enjoyable.

Absolutely one of my favorites. Besides the old cars, tires, washer, water heater that's been dumped and fallen from the road above it has a fantastic waterfall that you can climb down to with a rope someone has tied off for us.

I took my grandsons on this hike this morning. It is a great hike for boys because it has so many rewards! There are a total of four vehicles that have fallen off the canyon road and are near the trail. There is also a waterfall at the end and a small cave at the beginning. The trail does continue up to the campground, but we stopped at the waterfall, which makes it about a 3 1/2 mile hike round trip. I took a screenshot of the location on the map for 3 of the vehicles and of where the waterfall is. I added those pictures to this app. You do have to repel down a steep hill holding on to a rope someone was so kind to leave to get to the waterfall. My 10, 11 and 13 year old grandsons were able to do it and so was their 57 year old grandma. Most of the trail is shaded in the morning. We only ran into a few people. I recommend this hike for families. It's very fun.

It's a nice enough trail... pretty easy as far as no need to scramble, being well defined, no extreme up and downs and only moderate altitude gain. It is narrow, though, single file, and parts are right on the edge of drop offs. I don't know if I'd be comfortable with younger children be-bobbing along it unless they have some experience because if they get careless, they could go off the side of some fairly precipitous drops. Nice to hear the river below most of the way. Nice waterfall near the end. Goes through shady areas here and there, and you cross a couple of places where shallow, not wide, water flows over the trail. There's a sense of sameness along it's length, though. Still, overall, nice... great canyon vistas.

This is a green trail and it very steep. We did it with an eight month in backpack. Waterfall is pretty and it wasn't crowded when we did it on July 24th. Only bad thing was we went under a tree branch and lots of red ants got on us and bit our daughter in backpack.

easy, however to get to the waterfall you go down a steep portion where someone has luckily added rope. I wouldn't think kids could make it to well down that last portion, but they can still see the waterfall in the distance up top.