Farmington Creek Trail

Farmington Creek Trail is a 3.9 mile lightly trafficked out and back trail located near Farmington, Utah that features a waterfall and is rated as moderate. The trail offers a number of activity options and is best used from May until October. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

old growth

This is a green trail and it very steep. We did it with an eight month in backpack. Waterfall is pretty and it wasn't crowded when we did it on July 24th. Only bad thing was we went under a tree branch and lots of red ants got on us and bit our daughter in backpack.

Awesome hike, everyone must do.

Awesome hike, everyone must do.

This trail is perfect for beginner trail runners. The incline is very gradual although it is a very narrow path. It leads to a waterfall that you have to climb down a road to really see it fully. If you keep going past the waterfall the climb gets much steeper. My 12 year old and I really enjoyed it.

simple 3 mile trek round trip from the pavement ends parking lot to the falls worth the time

One of my new favorites. beautiful trail, not too crowded, and the waterfall at the end is gorgeous, if you're willing to climb down to the base of it. There is a rope there to help with the descent and ascent, but I didn't feel safe taking the dog down with me. Amazing at the bottom though.

Fantastic trail! Beautifully shaded and just enough challenge to keep it interesting. All of this with the sound of rushing water from the stream and waterfalls ever present on the hike. I love this App also. I came to Farmington from Miami and was determined to hit the trails. The app helped me narrow down the best trail for me and get a preview with pictures and reviews from other hikers. The GPS feature allowed me to map it all out. Love!!

This is really a nice, short hike. It took a little less than 2 hours, including time to wander around and hang out. I went early in the morning before there was anyone else out. The parking for the trailhead is immediately after the paved road ends. It's pretty obvious, as there is a parking area, although I initially got confused and kept going even though Googlemaps had it exactly right. If you keep going on the narrow and scary dirt road (Farmington Canyon Road) you can drive up quite a bit further, including to Sunset Campground Rd, where there are campsites and another trailhead from which you can hike down to the falls on a short but steep trail. Some of the posted pictures here show cars that fell off of Farmington Canyon Road into the canyon. You could in theory do this as a loop, going up the trail and coming down the road, but I can't imagine why you would want to walk down the dirt road when the trail is shady and beautiful, running along the creek.

Beautiful rigorous hike! Fun hike down to waterfall! When u park the trail head is directly behind the parking.

A great hike with several stream crossings and waterfalls along the way. A beautiful hike in the morning. Look for the unmarked trailhead in the northwest corner of the parking lot where the road transitions from asphalt to dirt.

Gorgeous trail. In the morning it's shaded a lot with a great breeze from the water. So much fun. I will definitely be doing this again

nice trail with a great waterfall. Alltrails is marking the road as the trail instead of the actual trail as the trail. you can see on the map the real trail. Besides, the trailhead is obvious once you get there. the distances and elevation gain of the trail are wrong because they are measuring the road.