Farmington Creek Trail

Farmington Creek Trail is a 7.1 mile moderately trafficked out and back trail located near Kaysville, Utah that features a waterfall and is rated as moderate. The trail offers a number of activity options and is best used from April until October. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

Nice cave at the start of the route to take photos in. But it smells like marijuana a little, and ashes from campfire smoke cover the ground, so not recommended to stay and play in it. Just a nice quick photo op.

We enjoyed the old cars along the route, and cooling off in the streams and waterfalls. If doing this hike in the summer, and you're with kids, try to get on the trail early! It's hot and not a lot of cover. Kids tend to set a slow pace. So going in the morning would make it more enjoyable.

We started around 11 o'clock in the afternoon with a two-year-old, and two seven-year-olds. It took us about three hours to get up to the second Falls and back to the car. The kids enjoyed seeing the rusted out car on the way, walking through the river when it crossed the trail, and climbing the rope down to the falls. Even the two-year-old made it down to the falls (after we fashioned a carrying pack with our backpack). People without kids can probably complete the trail a lot faster, but it was very enjoyable going at their pace. We did not go any farther than the main falls, but will definitely do the hike again! I would guess that the hike to the second falls and back is about 3.7 miles.

Super easy hike. Don't let the length of it fool you. Great trail for beginners!

I loved this hike! Let me give you my info: I am a beginner who isn't in terrific shape and nearing 50 years old. I thought the beginning was much more pleasant than other trails that have brutal switchbacks. Most of the trail, you are in the shade. (I went in June and we started about 11am) At the beginning, there is a small little cave to your left. You will have to climb up the rocks just a little bit to see it. All the stream crossings were easy. I did not opt to go down to the base of the falls but will definitely do so next time. If you don't like descending the steep trail using a hand rope, there is another option. Some of our group went up higher and to the right, they climbed down a small boulder field type thing. We did not go all the way to the camp site as we had a time limit that day. I will be doing this trail again!

Totally gorgeous! We didn't make it to any cars but we'll be doing it again!

Amazing hike and falls!!

5/9/17 - Very little shade for a 5pm hike. It was fine enough. Trail was too narrow to really use trekking poles the majority of the time. Ends at the Sunset campgrounds.

Sun, 5/7- We picked perfect day for this hike:mid 70's, cool breeze, sunny w/occasional cloud cover...sunshirt, tanks & shorts...beautiful wildflowers... raging river & falls... incredible view of Kaysville below...not too steep (we're 50's...you will sweat, so bring water) There is a lot of loose gravel, just took it slow going down. Even our teen didn't complain too much & dog loved it (you cross a couple streams). Will do again!