Farmington Creek Trail

Farmington Creek Trail is a 7.1 mile moderately trafficked out and back trail located near Farmington, Utah that features a waterfall and is rated as moderate. The trail offers a number of activity options and is best used from April until October. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

Great winter hike. It's not much of a workout but it's beautiful, especially in the winter because there's almost no people on the trail.

this is my go to hike to get a good workout and get out of my head. was stunning with the changing leaves. now it's definitely naked unless you get up higher. fairly busy on the lower half. seems like most only make it to the first stream. once you pass the big falls farther up I rarely run into anyone. I always take my German Shepard pup with me and meet lots of friendly doggos on the way. we can pound this trail out in under 2 hours with lots of sidetrack exploring.

Small amount of traffic. Fun bridges. Great for family of all ages.

This is the same hike as Sunset Trail. These two entries should be merged. And after taking along an inexperienced friend, I would agree with this Farmington Creek Trail rating of moderate, not "easy" as stated in the Sunset Trail info. Starts at the parking pullout where the pavement ends up Farmington Canyon. Hike just to the falls or continue on to Sunset Campground. Beautiful hike above and through Farmington Creek. Very enjoyable.

Nice cave at the start of the route to take photos in. But it smells like marijuana a little, and ashes from campfire smoke cover the ground, so not recommended to stay and play in it. Just a nice quick photo op.

We enjoyed the old cars along the route, and cooling off in the streams and waterfalls. If doing this hike in the summer, and you're with kids, try to get on the trail early! It's hot and not a lot of cover. Kids tend to set a slow pace. So going in the morning would make it more enjoyable.

We started around 11 o'clock in the afternoon with a two-year-old, and two seven-year-olds. It took us about three hours to get up to the second Falls and back to the car. The kids enjoyed seeing the rusted out car on the way, walking through the river when it crossed the trail, and climbing the rope down to the falls. Even the two-year-old made it down to the falls (after we fashioned a carrying pack with our backpack). People without kids can probably complete the trail a lot faster, but it was very enjoyable going at their pace. We did not go any farther than the main falls, but will definitely do the hike again! I would guess that the hike to the second falls and back is about 3.7 miles.

Super easy hike. Don't let the length of it fool you. Great trail for beginners!

I loved this hike! Let me give you my info: I am a beginner who isn't in terrific shape and nearing 50 years old. I thought the beginning was much more pleasant than other trails that have brutal switchbacks. Most of the trail, you are in the shade. (I went in June and we started about 11am) At the beginning, there is a small little cave to your left. You will have to climb up the rocks just a little bit to see it. All the stream crossings were easy. I did not opt to go down to the base of the falls but will definitely do so next time. If you don't like descending the steep trail using a hand rope, there is another option. Some of our group went up higher and to the right, they climbed down a small boulder field type thing. We did not go all the way to the camp site as we had a time limit that day. I will be doing this trail again!

Totally gorgeous! We didn't make it to any cars but we'll be doing it again!

Amazing hike and falls!!

5/9/17 - Very little shade for a 5pm hike. It was fine enough. Trail was too narrow to really use trekking poles the majority of the time. Ends at the Sunset campgrounds.

Sun, 5/7- We picked perfect day for this hike:mid 70's, cool breeze, sunny w/occasional cloud cover...sunshirt, tanks & shorts...beautiful wildflowers... raging river & falls... incredible view of Kaysville below...not too steep (we're 50's...you will sweat, so bring water) There is a lot of loose gravel, just took it slow going down. Even our teen didn't complain too much & dog loved it (you cross a couple streams). Will do again!

This trail has a lot of loose gravel and rocks. You literally hike straight up the mountain and the trail does get very thin. I would describe this hike as borderline moderate to hard. We brought our hunting dog with us. He loved the hike and smelling everything but he did slide a little bit. There isn't a lot of shade so bring water to hydrate.

Sunday, November 06, 2016

Great hike. Nice calm trail for the family.

Thursday, September 08, 2016

I guess this is the same sunset trail, very beautiful, easy hike with shade all the way, it's not busy at all

Tuesday, September 06, 2016

great trail for families. my 4 year old daughter hiked the whole thing without any trouble. Much of the trail has shade and it is well defined all the way up to the waterfall and then a little further up to sunset campground. To get to the waterfall you have to climb down a pretty steep grade but there is a rope you can hold on to while climbing. going down was a bit harder for my youngest two than coming back up. I wouldn't recommend the climb down to the falls for the elderly or really young kids that cannot hold themselves up on a rope yet.

We went all the way up to the sunset campground then back to the falls for the kids to play for a bit before hiking back down. The waterfall is plentiful year round so this is a great hike even for late fall.

Solid 4-star hike.

Monday, September 05, 2016

It was a fun hike. Definitely take your sunscreen or hat, not much covering. Cute little waterfall at the end.

Monday, August 08, 2016

Fun hike!!

Wednesday, August 03, 2016

perfect for a Sunday...

Friday, July 29, 2016

The hike is beautiful but will be better in the fall. It was so hot with hardly any shade.