Fairyland Loop Trail

Fairyland Loop Trail is a 7.4 mile heavily trafficked loop trail located near Bryce, Utah that offers the chance to see wildlife and is rated as moderate. The trail is primarily used for hiking, walking, and nature trips and is best used from April until October.

Distance: 7.4 miles Elevation Gain: 1,541 feet Route Type: Loop

partially paved

Fairyland Loop Trail begins at Fairyland Point, at the northern portion of the park, and takes you through spectacular hoodoos and scenery along the rim and into the canyon; including a spur trail to Tower Bridge. The Fairyland Loop Trail also includes a portion of the Rim Trail from Sunrise Point to Fairyland Point. This hike is considered hard due to its length and meandering trails with multiple elevation changes. It is best to carry plenty of water, 1 quart (liter) for every 2-3 hours of hiking per person, as this hike typically takes 4-5 hours round trip over the 8 mile (12.9 km) length. In the summer sun screen or large brim hats aren recommended and are even a comfort year round to avoid sunburn.

icy

The access to the Fairyland trail head is closed during winter. We did it before the snow storm. We started from Sunrise Point early in the morning. It was icy and muddy. We did not finish the loop and went back after reaching the Crescent Castle. Very beautiful views all the way.

A great hike, trail Was in very good shape. It’s a work out but go at you pace and enjoy each turn in the trail gives you new views. It was 10.5 with the rim trail loop. Took us 5.5 hours with photos and taking it slow. Perfect weather in November. Would be very hot in the summer months. Be sure to take water and a snack. We did not see many others but the best thing is not one piece of trash anywhere.

Nice trail with great views we started early and it took us 3 hours

WOW. This trail made me feel like i was on another planet. Every turn had another incredible view of different hoodoos. Some steep sections but mostly very pleasant twisty trails providing different angles of the valley. Also, very quiet trail. Best hike I’ve done for a while !

GREAT Trail. Straight to the point. wanna see the canyon. this is it.

Started out at 6:20 AM at Fairyland Point with crescent moon and full night sky of stars. Truly magical. Stopped along the way taking photographs of the rim, moon and awakening Dawn. Completed the vigorous hike in 2:45. No one on trail until last quarter mile. Solitude suspension of time and reflection make this trail a fairyland.

Absolutely spectacular. The trail is well-maintained, there is a parking lot immediately before the trailhead, the views are breathtakingly gorgeous, and the round trip total loop clocked 8.5 miles for me from my Garmin. I completed the trail clockwise and it took me about 2.5 hrs but I hold a quick pace and stop for photos or a moment to take it in. This hike I found randomly on AllTrails and the photo a review posted inspired me to come here. If you want a moderately challenging hike that you’ll remember for a lifetime then this is for you.

Hiked this mid October on a Friday. Spectacular views! Lots of ups and downs. We only saw a few other people on this trail. No horse poop like Peekaboo. It definitely feels like walking through a Fairyland. The trails at Bryce are great, not a lot of rocks. Catch the moonrise if you can.

Did whole thing but recording did not do. That said. This is by fare the hardest hike I have ever done. My watch recorded 8.5 miles. There are at least 6 hard climbs up. It is well worth it though. Just go slow. Great views. Amazing sights.

Good trek. Great scenery. see a few people but not as many as other trails

Beautiful hike. New and interesting, almost other worldly, views at every turn! Definitely follow the advice about water (3L per person is about right!). We hike pretty often and I would say this is moderate, though strenuous (maybe more so for novice or new hikers). Finished in 3.25 hours. Note AllTrails understates the mileage. More like 8.2 miles to do the full loop.

Unbelievable hike. I am stingy with 5 star ratings but this is easily a top 10 hike, maybe top 5. Go early and take plenty of time for pictures.

Quiet and scenic.

Great trail! Beautiful scenery that just never ends. Bring plenty of water as there are no water sources along the trail and no shade. Last mile and a half or so was a steady incline.

Amazing views the entire way. Definitely the best of Bryce

Agree some some that it's strenuos, but I think "moderate" is appropriate because the trail has a smooth unchallenging surface. If it weren't so steep in parts you could take a wheelchair.

While the trail starts at Fairland point, it can also be started from a lightly used picnic area close to the visitor's center. Ask a park ranger about how to get there, since it's not intuitive. The trail offers amazing vistas from both the rim, and the inside of the canyon as well as up close and personal views of the hoodoos, with exceptional contrast between the hoodoos and the dark blue sky. In addition, the trail was pretty lightly used, allowing us to stop and enjoy the near-absolute silence of the canyon. This hike should not be underestimated. The elevation change is significant, it's at 7000-8000 feet above sea level, which can be challenging for those of us who live at sea level, and has very little shade with the exception of what is provided by the canyon walls in the morning/evening. Despite the rather mild weather, I went through 1.5 liters of water during the hike, and, considering how I felt afterward, probably should have gone through 2. A challenging hike due to the length, elevation change and lack of shade, but well worth it for the views.

Amazing views, great trail, bring the camera!

Amazing- started at moon set/sunrise- spectacular views, no people!!

This is one of the most fascinating hikes I’ve ever done. Every turn gives you a new mesmerizing view of the hoodoos, which change in color depending on what time of the day you start the hike. I suggest getting there before sunrise to get the most out of it. It took us about 5 hours to complete the loop. At least 1 1/2 hours were only spent on photography and “uhh and aah” moments. Overall, I wouldn’t rate the hike moderate but rather hard due to its lengths and the last two miles being all uphill. But hey the name fairytale really describes this trail perfectly. Breathtaking and highly recommendable!

Absolutely amazing. You get more views than the peekaboo trail but equally beautiful. Try to complete both in one day for a great 12 mile day

a stunning, and I mean stunning trail. every turn reveals unbelievable views. doesn't even seem real. trail is very well maintained. has some really long switchback accents. not shaded in areas, wear layers and take lots to drink, 2L at least. I cant imagine doing this trail in the heat of summer, recommend fall and really would have liked to have seen it with snow, perhaps for another trip. highly recommend this trail.

recorded Fairyland Loop Trail