Fairyland Loop Trail

Fairyland Loop Trail is a 7.4 mile heavily trafficked loop trail located near Bryce, Utah that offers the chance to see wildlife and is rated as moderate. The trail is primarily used for hiking, walking, nature trips, and bird watching and is best used from April until October.

Distance: 7.4 miles Elevation Gain: 1,541 feet Route Type: Loop

partially paved

Fairyland Loop Trail begins at Fairyland Point, at the northern portion of the park, and takes you through spectacular hoodoos and scenery along the rim and into the canyon; including a spur trail to Tower Bridge. The Fairyland Loop Trail also includes a portion of the Rim Trail from Sunrise Point to Fairyland Point. This hike is considered hard due to its length and meandering trails with multiple elevation changes. It is best to carry plenty of water, 1 quart (liter) for every 2-3 hours of hiking per person, as this hike typically takes 4-5 hours round trip over the 8 mile (12.9 km) length. In the summer sun screen or large brim hats aren recommended and are even a comfort year round to avoid sunburn.

Our favorite trail in Bryce! Hiked clockwise as suggested by other reviewers which I would also recommend. Much less crowded compared to other trails with stunning views. Total time was around 3.5 hours after taking many photos!

Incredible hike! The views are described by the name, fairyland!

Yet another stunning trail. As good as, but different to Peek-a-Boo Trail. Generally in good condition with amazing scenery all round. Took the clockwise option from Fairyland Car Park just outside the parks main gate, which is very small. Short spur to Tower Bridge is worth the 200yds, but beware the 1.7 mile climb from here to the Rim Trail before heading back. It's very do-able but it would challenge some. Early start, we set off just before 7:30am, is a must to enjoy it in relative solitude, we didn't see more than 20 people the whole trail. Took just over 4 1/2 hrs

many ups and downs. bring water. 25 pound pack will be a lot for non backpackers.

Spectacular views. Went clockwise starting at 8am. 3.5hrs back to the start. wonderful.

We did the loop from our campsite North Campground beginning with the Tower bridge trail and exiting through the Fairyland trailhead back down the rim trail to our campsite. Round trip 10.1 miles and 3.5 hours. Can be a real mouth breather coming back up from the canyon floor to the rim but was scenic, less crowded, and well worth the trek.

Beautiful trail! But I have to be honest and say that I liked the peekaboo trail much more. Anyway this trail is also beautiful and different, We did it in 4 minutes with some breaks, Started at fairyland point, did it clockwise. I think the last hour is the most beautiful and the views are the best

Just jaw-droppingly gorgeous views on this hike. Because it starts outside the park boundaries, it isn’t very crowded. There is little shade, so in warm weather bring lots of water and get an early start. Trail footing is excellent, with no roots and few rocks. Some of the hills are steep, another reason to get an early start in warm weather. And speaking of weather, it can change very suddenly. Bring an extra shirt and very definitely bring a lightweight rain jacket.

Finishing this trail is a must if you can. If you start off going left at the loop start it is challenging because there is an incline for approx. 1 mile long. While if you start the trail going right that is all downhill.

Peaceful scenic trail. So many Hoodoos and so few people! Allow 3.5-5 hrs depending on your pace.

Quite possibly the best hike I’ve ever experienced. It blew our minds.

Long and peaceful hike. Better than the others because less congestion on trail.

Very well kept trails. Expansive and incredible 360 degree views. We hiked this midday September 8th and found the temperature very pleasant. There is some up and down but nothing drastic, suitable for most people. Would be a great trail to run.

This is my favorite trail in Bryce. The trail is 5 to 6 feet wide and well maintained. There is quite a bit of up and down but nothing to steep. The view is wide open. At one point you can have a 180 degree view of the amphitheater rim. This is a must do trail in Bryce.

Beautiful trail! We actually added on the Rim trail. Hot day and not much shade and we nearly ran out of water but worth it all to see the amazing beauty around every turn.

Super beautiful and honestly strange landscape, it’s pretty amazing. Great up and down hike with amazing views, Trail was in pretty much perfect condition. You can always stop at the General store at the end for a beer.

Beautiful views everywhere! This is a gorgeous hike. Finished in 3.5 hours with plenty of stops and tests. Hardly any shade is available. Go clockwise as recommended. Mile 5-6 was the most strenuous because it was uphill. The trail wasn’t very crowded even with it being Labor Day weekend. I had 2 liters of water and it was perfect.

Excellent

Great trail and views. It gets hot in the afternoon and is best done early in the day.

Finished in about 3 hours with 2 L of water. Be prepared for the sun! Went clockwise, which I think most people did, and I only crossed paths with 4 people. I had the trail to myself for the rest of those 3 hours, with the exception of 5 minutes crossing people. I started at 8am - would've started earlier, but I happily caught the sunrise from sunset point. This was truly unforgettable!!

We started early near sunrise point to see the sunrise and avoid afternoon heat. We probably added a mile or so into the hike by stating a little ways away from the loop itself. Took us about 4 hours (me, my wife and our 11-year-old daughter. I’d rate this as moderate, but I bet it’s much harder if you hike this midday in the heat. Anyway, it would certainly be difficult for anyone that is not a regular hiker. Lots of ups and downs. Most of the ups go along switchbacks. We saw a coyote, lots of chipmunks and lots of birds. Lots of different beautiful views along the way.

Just beautiful from start to finish. Bring lots of water and sunscreen as there's no shade for most of the hike.

My son (8 yrs) And I did this loop in about 3 1/2 hours. We went counter clockwise which I think is a more difficult direction. This was an incredible hike and moderately challenging. Beautiful views of the hoodoos and the overall landscape. Highly recommend it.

Amazing hike ! It took 2 of us in pretty good shape (1 a first time hiker and the other an intermediate) 2 and a half hours to complete the loop. I’d recommend starting at fairyland loop trail and going clockwise. While the last 1-1.5 miles is challenging uphill, going counter clockwise would have been far more difficult

Beautiful views. We started early and it was truly stunning. The trail was well maintained and easy to follow. What a gem!

recorded Fairyland Loop Trail

Gorgeous views. Lovely hike.

We started out with overcast sky’s and light drizzle. The temp was around 54 which was a little chilly. Luckily the sky’s cleared up and we had an amazing hike. The trail was muddy but not to bad that we were slipping. We didn’t see any horse poop like other before us had reported. All and all this is an amazing hike with great views from the bottom of the canyon along with the rim. I would recommend this hike to everyone who is willing.

#1 trail I’ve hiked to date. Constant views of this amazing National Park. Starting on Bryce’s rim at about 8,000’ expect this to be a bit more difficult. Well maintained trail, easy to follow, and much less crowded than other areas of Bryce.

Just finished this loop started at our campground which was exceptional due to not having to take the shuttle or drive to the start of the trailhead. Very well marked the entire time. Lots of elevation changes. I would recommend starting early right around two pm some rain mixed with hail and wind hit, gone in about 20 minutes are so. Definitely bring a good amount of water. I would say moderate but doable if you were a beginner hiker. Amazing views throughout.

Great hike. Get there early. Only passed 2 other hikers. Climb out a leg burner but worth it.