Fairyland Loop Trail

Fairyland Loop Trail is a 7.4 mile moderately trafficked loop trail located near Bryce, Utah that offers the chance to see wildlife and is rated as difficult. The trail is primarily used for hiking, walking, nature trips, and birding and is best used from April until October.

Fairyland Loop Trail begins at Fairyland Point, at the northern portion of the park, and takes you through spectacular hoodoos and scenery along the rim and into the canyon; including a spur trail to Tower Bridge. The Fairyland Loop Trail also includes a portion of the Rim Trail from Sunset Point to Fairyland Point. This hike is considered strenuous due to its length and meandering trails with multiple elevation changes. It is best to carry plenty of water, 1 quart (liter) for every 2-3 hours of hiking per person, as this hike typically takes 4-5 hours round trip over the 8 mile (12.9 km) length. In the summer sun screen or large brim hats are recommended and are even a comfort year round to avoid sunburn.

Started just after sunrise and had the trail to ourselves most of the time. Beautiful. Go clockwise

Beautiful and majestic! Hard to describe the views and rocks, definitely lived up to its name "fairyland" as it had a certain magical quality to it.

Best views in the park. Cool to hike down and see the hoodoos up close. We started at sunrise point, so had a slightly boring walk along the rim at the end back to the car, but still very worth it.

This was the gem of our 2.5 day stay in Bryce. If I had to choose one and only one thing to do or see in Bryce, this hike would be it. The Fairyland lookout road was closed so we started from the Sunrise parking lot. We took the loop counterclockwise. With so many views behind us I found myself walking backwards throughout the hike. I'd suggest going clockwise. Such a pleasant hike and few other hikers. At the tail end of the loop we came upon a forested field that capped off the hike with the unexpected change in landscape.

Great day hike takes about 4-4.5 hours to complete. Rough 8 miles but well worth the gorgeous hoodoos.

SO beautiful. saw maybe three other people during the entire 8 miles. we started (and thus ended) at sunrise point, leaving the rim trail section for last. the bits up on the rim were biting cold as it started snowing, but it was still so beautiful.

I got to this trail on a January day where 8-12 inches of snow were expected overnight. Only 2-4 actually came down and the park was nearly deserted. I had the trail to myself and didnt encounter anyone all day. I was lucky 2 people had started a bit earlier than me and left me a nice set of footprints to follow. the views are magical. Awe inspiring. Breath taking. I recommend you start at sunrise point, and end on the rim trail section, so you can look down at where you just hiked. On the day I did it, the snow picked back up as soon as I got to fairyland point and was beginning the rim trail section. A great hike, not dangerous, I highly recommend it, if you like hoodoos and canyons and such ;) I would rate it as moderate, not hard. Also I would love to see the canyon given the name that the natives called it instead of Bryce. It doesn't seem like he was really that important to the canyon itself. The canyon was not discovered in the 1860s by US military men like the info on trail suggests. Thats kinda whitewashing history but my opinions on that have nothing to do with the trail itself which is unbelievable.

This is hands down one of my favorite hikes I’ve ever done. Hiked this on a sunny day in January, 30 degrees and light wind — it was perfect. The trail was snowy and muddy, but we had micro spikes and gaiters and plowed through everything. It felt like around each bend there was a new opportunity to oooh and ahhh. The trail is wide, well maintained, and easy to follow. Definitely worth the length!!!

Amazing scenery for every step of this hike. We did this trail and added in the 2.7 mike loop of Nojave and queens to make for a pretty exhausting 11 mile day. The trail is very well maintained, just a decent amount of elevation changes (especially if you add in the extra loop like we did). Would highly recommend to anyone who doesn’t mind the distance!

Fantastic meandering hike through one of the more desolate parts of the north end of the park. We picked up the rim trail by the general store and went clockwise which seemed to work well. There is quite a bit of exposure but also a good
mix of shade if you leave in the morning. Great way to see the many faces of bryce!

Epic, beautiful, magical. I started at Fairyland Point and went clockwise so we had a bit of a climb up. I enjoyed this way since we got right into Fairyland at the beginning, so magical!!!

excellent choice for those wishing to avoid the crowds on the Queens / Navajo, though somewhat longer and more strenuous - take more water than you think you'll need, parts of the trail are very exposed

The loop is well marked. If you are a somewhat experienced hiker it is not too challenging. The altitude for low landers like me does effect breathing and I in fact, got a splitting headache half way through but after about 30 minutes it started to subside. We did the entire loop in about 3.5 hours with several stops. The views are spectacular but more importantly there are not many people even on a crowed day in the park. This is a must do hike for anyone who is an avid hiker.

This was a really pretty hike. The trails were in great condition. Trekking sticks were a nice accessory to have. You might want to pay attention to the altitude. We recorded 8,260 feet which caused my hubby to get altitude sickness that evening. Just something to watch for. We added the rim trail to this hike. Great hike!

A very scenic enjoyable hike! Highly recommended! Took about 3 and a half hours but stopped several times for photos and just to take in the beautiful scenery!

Absolutely beautiful! Would recommend you're in shape for this...my hiking partner was a little unprepared lol

Beautiful views. Very lightly trafficked. Some steep portions but well maintained trails. Lots of great photo opportunities.

Perfect day with each step surrounded by breathtaking beauty. Met some great Belgium hiking companions.

Beautiful scenery. If you start at Fairyland View, the first 4 miles are pretty easy with very gradual elevation change. The next 1.5 miles to sunset point are slightly up hill, but not bad. Then bring er on home with the last 2.5 on rim trail to complete the loop.

Impossible de garder un rythme sur cette rando car il faut toujours s’arrêter pour prendre une photo

Probably one of the most beautiful hikes I've ever done!

Gorgeous! Loved this hike and definitely recommend it. Lots of different scenery along the way and challenging hills mixed in nicely with flatter parts.

One of the most beautiful hikes! The scenery is truly a fairyland. Every corner you come around you see something spectacular.

Start at sunrise - the views, the light and the solitude is amazing!!!

The start of this loop at Fairyland point is awesome. Take this trail if you want to get away from people. We saw maybe 15 people total in the 8 miles it so.
Strenuous but worthwhile. The Fairyland area doesn't have as many hoodoos but the solitude is worth it.

Love this trail...have done once a week for the last couple of weeks. Great Fall Trail when it's cooler!

I really liked this hike because it had hardly anyone on the trail and it's a great way to experience the canyon. The toughness of it is what keeps the crowds away, quite a few decent climbs which are made extra difficult in the desert sun! lots of water and sun block is essential.

More of. Moderate trail. Views from peekaboo loop were much more impressive but still a very nice trail with lots of views.

Awesome hike, away from the crowds, beautiful views

Much easier than expedted. :-)