Fairyland Loop Trail is a 7.8 mile heavily trafficked loop trail located near Bryce, Utah that offers the chance to see wildlife and is rated as moderate. The trail is primarily used for hiking, walking, and nature trips and is best used from April until October.

Distance: 7.8 miles Elevation Gain: 1,545 feet Route Type: Loop

partially paved

Fairyland Loop Trail begins at Fairyland Point, at the northern portion of the park, and takes you through spectacular hoodoos and scenery along the rim and into the canyon; including a spur trail to Tower Bridge. The Fairyland Loop Trail also includes a portion of the Rim Trail from Sunrise Point to Fairyland Point. This hike is considered hard due to its length and meandering trails with multiple elevation changes. It is best to carry plenty of water, 1 quart (liter) for every 2-3 hours of hiking per person, as this hike typically takes 4-5 hours round trip over the 8 mile (12.9 km) length. In the summer sun screen or large brim hats are recommended and are even a comfort year round to avoid sunburn.

I felt the Navajo/Peekaboo/Queen's Garden loop had more stunning views of the hoodoos on a manicured trail, but Fairyland felt more raw and less manicured with nice but less spectacular views. If I had to choose only one (the horror!) it would be the Navajo area loop over Fairyland, but Fairyland is still solid 5/5 with amazing views and decent elevation challenge

Absolutely Beautiful! Not difficult from a technical standpoint, but it’s long and has big elevation changes. Recommend going early and bring lots of water and a snack.

We hiked from fairyland point to sunrise point. Not the full loop. The sun was brutal

I loved this! Bring plenty of water and lunch/ snacks; a lot of time in the sun unless you go fairly early or towards sunset. Didn’t have a problem of over-traffic, trail is super well marked and easy to follow!

You've got to do this trail in Bryce! It's amazing. With bathroom, lunch, and lots of photo breaks, it took us ~4.5hrs. First, get there early. The parking lot at Fairyland Point was 3/4 full at 8am. Plus, there is little shade, so getting out before the sun gets too hot is also a bonus. I recommend going right (most people seemed to be going left). I was sooo happy we went right because we started with a little bit of incline and then had a lot of decline with breathtaking views. I love to enjoy the views without being out of breath. :) Then the last incline at the end is only 1 mile instead of 1.7 miles! If you go to the right, about 2 miles in, you can step off the trail to use the restroom at the general store. We did the Navajo and Peekaboo Loop combination a couple of days ago. Despite Fairyland being ~8.5ish miles (vs ~6 miles for Navajo / Peekaboo), I personally found Fairyland to be easier because the inclines felt a lot less intense. Maybe I would've felt differently if we started the trail to the left. If I had to prioritize based on views, I would choose to do the Navajo / Peekaboo combination. If you have more time in Bryce, then Fairyland is a great second hike. We passed a good number of people, mostly runners, but it never felt crowded. The app says it's 7.8 miles, but our trip clocked in at 8.5ish. The 8.5 miles did not include the Tower Bridge out-and-back. We decided to skip it because you get great views of it a couple of times as you pass along the main trail. It's been a really long time since I've hiked this far, and I found it to be pleasantly moderate... Maybe the views distracted me.

Wonderful trail across the outstanding hoodoos of the Bryce. Little shade but enough for quick resting. Both descent and ascent are not difficult and can be done on decent pace. There’s often some breeze on the trail and that makes it even more enjoyable. Hiking clockwise is probably a bit better since the last 1.5 mile is flat/descent, but the grade on both directions is pretty much the same.

such a beautiful hike - views everywhere and not too tough.

Wow beyond. The whole trail is one amazing view after the next. Clearly marked trail the whole route. Very doable for anyone is decently good shape.

One of the most amazing trails I’ve ever been! Be prepared for constant sunshine. There is minimal shade throughout the hike. We took multiple breaks and did it in about 4 hrs.

A beautiful hike through the canyons and hoodoos of Bryce Canyon. Length leads to fewer hikers than most other trails.

This has to be our new favorite hike in Bryce and we have done them all. The views are spectacular beyond measure. We took a lot of photos. Our group was 5 people and we stopped a fair amount to view the scenery and rest, but it only took us 3 hours and 45 minutes. There is shade from time to time. There were other hikers, but not many. We reciting some good advice from the rangers, start at sunset point and go counter clockwise. It was amazing and in the late afternoon light the canyon was brilliant. It is a hard hike, but doable by most. Take plenty of water and your phone/camera. This hike doesn’t disappoint!

Amazing 360 scenery nearly the entire way. Not too crowded for A holiday weekend (pandemic of course). The trail is well designed with even the uphill sections being pretty moderate. The rim trail section though not as scenic as in the amphitheater was a nice diversion. Saw an antelope up on the rim. Take plenty of water and pictures. Took us 4.5 hours at a moderate pace with lots of photo stops.

Beautiful and challenging trail without being overly hard. Absolutely stunning views. Bring water, sunscreen, good shoes, and a camera! I HIGHLY recommend doing the trail from East to West. Otherwise you end up adding about 800 feet of elevation gain at the end of the hike when your legs are dead tired. Still worth it! Just a friendly piece of advice :)

Beautiful hike! The loop is great and so many amazing views. Several intense inclines, but felt mostly not strenuous. Would recommend highly!

Wow, views the entire way. Orange hills are very unique. Never experienced a topography like this. My favorite hike in Bryce.

Beautiful trail, you get a bit of everything. Part of this is rim trail and then it descends down and come back up. It was longer than 7.8 miles, we recorded 9 miles.

Beautiful hike! Isn’t dull and was a great workout. Lots of sun so bring sunscreen

Stunning trail. The trail is hard packed today but looks like it can get a little muddy. The climb back up was a bit of a slog but well worth it.

What is great about this trail is how quiet and peaceful it is! The portion that follows the Rim Trail was my least favorite, but the remaining 6 miles or so had majestic views! Took me just over 3 hours to complete with minimal stops for pictures

It is open. Beautiful loop trail! Took us a little less than 4 hours to complete with a few stops along the way. Definitely less crowded.

Great views almost the entire trail. Well maintained trail with very few rocks.

Great hike! Amazing views on the entire loop - best trail in the park. Hiked this on opening day - completely dry, very warm and minimal shade.

Absolutely amazing. Highly recommend going on the morning. Bring lots of water and bring a hat! Park is open, not closed.

One of the best trails ever. Scenery can’t be beat. It was very warm and sunny, without a lot of shade.

Awesome hike! Super moderate with lots of great views. Like others have said, there are only like two spots that are really muddy. Everything else is dry.

Highly recommend! I did this 2 days ago and only passed 2 others the entire loop. A bit of snow at the beginning from Sunrise Point; I had poles but no crampons and was completely fine. There’s mud to slog through in multiple spots, but nothing too bad. Beautiful views the entire loop, it was an outstanding hike.

One of the BEST hike ever! Right now it’s still a lot of snow and the surface is wet, but the views are amazing anyway! Totally recommend)

Best loop in the park and alot less crowded than the others even now. Did the full loop on 3/28/20. Lots of mud everywhere. Have to start from sunrise point. Going up or down Sunrise is hardest part due to snow and mud but doable without traction devices. National Park fees waved now.