Fairyland Loop Trail

Fairyland Loop Trail is a 7.9 mile heavily trafficked loop trail located near Bryce Canyon City, Utah that features beautiful wild flowers and is rated as difficult. The trail offers a number of activity options and is best used from April until October.

Fairyland Loop Trail begins at Fairyland Point, at the northern portion of the park, and takes you through spectacular hoodoos and scenery along the rim and into the canyon; including a spur trail to Tower Bridge. The Fairyland Loop Trail also includes a portion of the Rim Trail from Sunset Point to Fairyland Point. This hike is considered strenuous due to its length and meandering trails with multiple elevation changes. It is best to carry plenty of water, 1 quart (liter) for every 2-3 hours of hiking per person, as this hike typically takes 4-5 hours round trip over the 8 mile (12.9 km) length. In the summer sun screen or large brim hats are recommended and are even a comfort year round to avoid sunburn.

ice climbing

Absolutely gorgeous, best done in the morning

Great trail! It is a bit strenuous and can get quite hot in the middle of the day, but the views were worth it.

If you want to commune with hoodoos and find solitude this is your hike. I ran into only a few other hikers and the views were amazing.

Completed 7/4/17. Do yourself a huge favor and start the loop at fairyland point rather than the general store. The descent into the canyon is super steep from fairyland but not so steep when ascending near sunrise point. We ran out of water (1 2L bladder per person) about a mile before we could fill up at the general store and it was HOT. Beautiful and unique views of the hoodoos and a good challenge!

Highly recommend this hike; definitely strenuous at points with some steep inclines - very limited shade makes things more difficult in the heat, suggest leaving as early as possible. Limited foot traffic and beautiful views!

It's rated as strenuous but I'd call it a moderate hike. It definitely has few strenuous climbs though. Started at 6 am and finished by 9:30. The views are good but the best part is the solitude on the entire trail. Bring water and snacks.

My husband and I wanted a challenge, so we chose this hike. I would rate it as moderate. It took us about 2 hours and 45 minutes. Recommend bringing water, it was hot in July. We finished around 12:45pm. Awesome views!

Great views! We started out at 7 am and it worked out perfectly.

Best views we found in the park. Amazing hike

Absolutely amazing and lightly trafficked on our loop. No water sources except a trickle of a stream near Tower Bridge.

It's a nice get away from the traffic of Bryce. Can't say I'd do it again, but happy I did it once