Ensign Ridge Trail

Ensign Ridge Trail is a 2.6 mile moderately trafficked out and back trail located near Salt Lake City, Utah that features beautiful wild flowers and is rated as moderate. The trail offers a number of activity options and is best used from April until September. Dogs are also able to use this trail.

loved this hike. great views. took all my kids. it's kinda steep but they were troopers.

So we’ve always wondered about the path that forks to the right at the top of the hill instead of heading left to the Ensign Peak monument. So we took it today. We only went as far as the top of the next big hill, and it was really worth the view. Hard enough to challenge the kids (15, 11, 9, 8), but doable on this cold, windy Spring morning. So proud of my kids!

I highly recommend this hike since it gives such a great view of The Valley.

It was awesome! As beginners, it was a challenge but definitely doable. We had a great time!

Still my go-to trail run/power hike two or three times a week (even in the winter). Incredible uphill workout - beautiful 360 degree vistas. Not much trafficked so a good place for solitude. Many variations once you get to the top and coming back down.

Great trip on a sunny Octoberday - this is a very well keept secret of SLC

Another of my favorite SLC trails. When I used to work in downtown SLC, I'd often do this one during lunchtime (OK, long 90 minute lunchtimes). Exposed (take water) and can be steep in places (another plug for trail running shoes with a beefy tread - Hoka Challenger or Saucony Peregrine). I loved this in the wintertime too, even with deep snow - I just put gaiters on - bounding down the ridges descending with the snow covering and cushioning the rocks was almost like flying.

recorded ridge