Emerald Pools Trail (CLOSED) is a 2.9 mile heavily trafficked out and back trail located near Springdale, Utah that features a waterfall and is good for all skill levels. The trail is primarily used for hiking, walking, and trail running and is best used from April until December.

closed

A paved trail to Lower Emerald Pool and from there a sandy and rocky trail to the Upper Emerald Pool at the base of a cliff. Trail starts from Zion Lodge, crosses bridge and paved trail leads to the Lower Emerald Pool and waterfalls - there are multiple pools here. From there a sandy and rocky trail climbs to the Upper Emerald Pool at the base of a cliff. Interesting statistic - more people have been killed on this trail than any other trail in the park - even Angel's Landing, so be careful!

I got to this trail days before the storm which caused a lot of damage. I feel very fortunate to have seen this amazing trail, it honestly is one of my favorites in Zion NP. There are three pools on the trail, and you can loop this trail up to bus stop 5 for a good 3-4 hour, relaxing adventure. For this being one of the most popular national parks in the nation, this trail was fairly desolate (in comparison to the narrows or the line to the shuttle!). If you are heading to Zion, This is a must see trail to really capture the wilderness of the park!

Scenic. We hiked in the afternoon which was ideal as it was shaded. Majestic views all around! We hiked from the 6th tram stop back down to the 5th. Enjoyable.

A lovely hike if you're looking for a trail that takes you by (and in) water. It'll cool you off a little if you're a summer hiker.

Hiked this in the spring and once before. Fun but quite crowded.

Due to flood damage we were only able to hike the lower emerald pool. Not a bad hike but nothing overly special either. I’m sure it would have been a much better hike if we had access to the middle and upper pools.

Did this hike and added the Grotto Trail. The Upper Pool is crowded and is difficult to get pics without people in the Pool. Many People were in the Pool with no Consideration for others taking photos.

This train is hot but there is a great place to cool off at the top AND when you get done, get in the water! The Virgin River is relatively warm and shallow and a great way to end the hike.

It’s really pretty if you go to the upper pools, there are a lot of people and kids who almost knock you over coming up. Beautiful sights the whole way up the upper pool is breathtaking. Please remember not to go in the pools as it is a source of water for the wildlife

Quick. Shady. Some good views. VERY crowded. Simple hike to do with the family. We seem to stop in at the pools after doing a few other hikes.

Nice, fairly easy trail. When we went the pool levels were down so not as scenic as it normally would be in the spring.

Great hike in Zion, trail leads to three different stops. You can take the paved trail to the first pool and then turn back, or go on to the other two pools. The trail gets more difficult after the first pool.

Easy, crowded, but a fun hike to all three pools (upper, middle, lower). The upper-pool isn't much to see (honestly), but the lower waterfalls are gorgeous! Short, quick, easy hike with cool views of Zion features.

Easy hike and awesome falls.
there are many view points to stop for photos

Bof bof

Not terribly difficult, but if you slow down to take in the views it is well worth it. We went early. No crowd and great weather.

Need to take the shuttles to get here. I think it would be even cooler later when more of the snow has melted. Easy hike for the kids and pretty view though.

Not bad. Not as scenic as other trails in Zion but still as crowded. Pretty easy and good for kids.

Did the hike after the narrows. Hot and lots of people. For me, it seemed a lot more than a 69ft elevation change and my kids were whining about the heat and the uphill. The waterfall was cool and refreshing. We turned around there to make it a decent second hike of the day!
83 day tour of the US
this was day 36
www.ourclassceelife.com

Dreadfully full of tourist families, this trail is crowded at any time but very early in the morning. There are more scenic trails elsewhere in the park, but this would be a good one for families with small children or the elderly.

This was the first trail that we did in Zion and it was a bit of a let-down. If you have a half-day to explore after arriving late, it's not a bad trail to take, but I don't think you should go out of your way to walk it.

We did this trail pretty early to avoid the crowds and heat. The first pool was the prettiest in my opinion. The other two were pretty dry and not worth the time and effort to get to them. The hike was still a nice hike

Did this trail on March 1st, with 2 kids who really loved it. Easy, fun to walk behind the waterfall. Go all the way up to really make it worth it.

Easy- the pools are underwhelming after angels landing and the narrows, but a great way to see the canyon nonetheless. Family friendly, wheelchair friendly to the first pool. Aggressive squirrels at the upper pool looking for food.

We went on a very hot after hiking the Angels Landing hours before, so that took some of the fun out of experience for us.
Even with it being a rough hike, the pools were amazing. Don’t stop early, must get to top pool!!! Be warned: The hike seems much longer than it is.

Not one of my husband and I's favorites of our trip but wasn't bad either. Just not as spectacular as others we did. At the upper pool, the view up is pretty neat though! Small waterfalls, the trail goes under/behind one and the mist felt nice in the heat. We started at the Kayenta trail and took it down to the lower pool trail to the lodge.

Very Easy, seem to be very kid friendly. Waterfall was a disappointment, since it was a small drizzle. But over all, it wasn't a bad hike.

Nice hike! Kids loved the waterfall.

Meh

I hiked with my family and youngest child is 6 and my mother whom is in her late 50’s. We are a moderately active family and go on hikes at least once on month minus my mother. As you get off the shuttle bus, start walking left and continue to follow the signs marked emerald pools. You end up crossing the street, walk over a iron bridge, which makes for great photo ops. Then proceeded hiking to the Lower emerald pool. Very nice paved path. It was a little hard on my mother but still very do-able for her at her own pace. Once you reach the lower pool (which turned out to be my favorite) there is some areas with water trickling down the sides of the wall face. Which felt so great on a warm day. Note you cannot swim in emerald pools. If you wish you can proceed to the middle emerald pool and for a lil more of a challenge continue to the upper pool. It was nice but if you aren’t in good shape stick to the lower emerald pool. Like my mother opted as well, she was too tired to proceed. If you decide to proceed it is an slight challenge and the paved path turns into steps and climbing over some rocks but path is very well marked. My favorite was the lower pool.

great trail for just wanting to relax and take in the scenery. The pools are beautiful and are a great spot to eat a snack and just kick back for a while.