East Rim Trail to Observation Point

East Rim Trail to Observation Point is a 6.9 mile moderately trafficked out and back trail located near Springdale, Utah that features a river and is rated as difficult. The trail offers a number of activity options and is best used from March until October.

This is a strenuous hike to the highest point in Zion National Park. You look down on Angels Landing and have a sweeping vista of the main canyon that makes up Zion. It is a stunning view.

So beautiful!!!! We went mid day though which was HOT and exhausting and forgot to bring enough water

Epic. Bring trekking poles, you might not need them on the way up, but you will save your knees on the way down. We were blowing by everyone without them. Take at lease 1.5L of water, no place to fill on the hike. Probably the best view in the park.

Brutally exhausting hike. We got to the top in an hour and forty five; several quick breaks were taken along the way! We really liked the canyon after the initial switchbacks; they help to break up the never ending switchbacks this hike has. The view from the top is unmatched in Zion. Angels Landing was our favorite hike in Zion, but this was a close second, and the views are far superior to Angels Landing. If you have a few hours, do this hike!

Great hike. Beautiful vistas and rock formations. It's pretty awesome looking down on Angels Landing from about 800 feet above. I highly recommend getting on the trail as early as possible (to avoid both the heat and the crowds!)

Best hike I have ever done!

Honestly one of the best hikes I've ever done. The BEST views in the park without all of the people like Angels Landing. Get out there early, though. It's really exposed once the sun comes over the canyon wall. Lots of water and lots of sunscreen are crucial!

Great climb, amazing views

This is probably my favorite hike to date - Who doesn't love being rewarded with an breathtaking view after a long, strenuous hike? But the beautiful & extremely varied scenery along the way makes this whole hike enjoyable. My husband and I have a pretty serious fear of heights which definitely kicked in on those last switchbacks (especially with the slippery snow in the winter) but we made it through! If you do it in the winter, you want to be at the top during the warmest part of the day - it is COLD. Husband and I are mid-20s and in good shape - did the whole thing in about 5 hours (we weren't in a hurry).

Worth the extra miles over Angels Landing. Incredible view.

very difficult on the way up but worth it!!

very difficult on the way up but worth it!!