Dutch Hollow: Burnt Ridge to Sage Loop

Dutch Hollow: Burnt Ridge to Sage Loop is a 3.6 mile lightly trafficked loop trail located near Midway, Utah that offers the chance to see wildlife and is rated as moderate. The trail offers a number of activity options and is best used from March until November. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

Hiked the trail today with the dog. Had the area to myself and was able to get it in before the rain. Great views and not too steep.

Took 3 horses on this trail went This is a great trail for anytime of the day. As you get further up it gets better and cooler. We rode almost all the way up Dutch Canyon to the other side. I would have given more stars if only this trail, with all the other converging trails, was not so confusing.

well maintained, western scenic, lots of oak and sage, excellent for both hikers and cycling.

Monday, October 03, 2016

Slight incline, beautiful scenery. Lots of different trains attached.

Monday, August 15, 2016

Fun single track - easy access, rolling hills. A bit of an up out of the trailhead but worth the climb. Fun afternoon break from meetings!

Sunday, July 03, 2016

Wednesday, March 16, 2016

Pretty view of the valley below and a fairly easy trail. I went in mid-March and it was still very brown and a little dull. It would be perfect on a summer evening!

Wednesday, February 17, 2016

Nice trail system on the north foothills of the Heber Valley. It's pretty mild for hiking, but great for snowshoeing and mountain biking. Plenty of paths in beautiful scenery to chose from.

Thursday, October 01, 2015

Sunday, June 14, 2015

This is one of my teenage boy's favorite trails to run. Their favorite section is the Barrels. they are 15 and 17. My husband and I took our other three kids ages 8, 10 and 13 on a much slower paced hike of this trail. I had ACL reconstruction surgery 8 months previously and had no problems on this hike. We also took our two dogs a Border Collie and a chihuahua. As of July 1st 2015 this trail will cost a $7 day use fee.

Wednesday, June 10, 2015

This trail is good for many things but I like it for mountain biking, free running and hiking great for kids and family really easy, but it get pretty boring for me as I have hiked it plenty of times. Alot of trails. Just follow signs and you'll be fine. I recommend for anyone exercising, or preparing for a run or something.

Sunday, April 12, 2015

Great hike with great views of Mt. Timpanogos and the Uintas. The hike wasn't difficult, but the grade picks up as you get further along the trail. I'd research the trail system here before going, as there are many trail systems running throughout this complex, and it may get disorienting. Be alert for mountain bikers, as they will be more prevalent than hikers on this one. Bring water if on a hot summer day, as most of this hike is exposed too.