Dry Creek Loop Trail

Dry Creek Loop Trail is a 2.6 mile moderately trafficked loop trail located near Sandy, Utah that features beautiful wild flowers and is good for all skill levels. The trail offers a number of activity options and is accessible year-round. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

Dimple Dell Park offers a variety of hiking trails through more than 600 acres of serene, natural landscape in the heart of a bustling urban area. The park has a vast network of trails open to hiking, biking, and horseback riding. The flexibility of route options make Dimple Dell a perfect choice for beginners and for those wanting to ease into longer, more difficult hikes. The trails at Dimple Dell are generally well maintained and are suitable for hikers of all abilities.

I’m a BRAND NEW hiker but It was gorgeous! the wood chips kept getting in my shoes. It may be uncomfortable for older folks since the wood chips also make it a little bit more difficult to walk.

Although you can hear cars a lot of the time, I enjoy the gully feel this trail has, and how it feels like being in the mountains while in the city. Its fun jogging this mainly flat but also versatile trail. I like mixing it with other trails close/intercrossing this one (sego lily and such).

Fun trail and very close if you live in the Salt Lake Valley. You weave in and out of the woods on this trail so about 1/2 the time you are out in the sun so bring a hat. Didn’t find the horse manure on the trail to be a problem at all.

Very pretty and easy

The trail was easy, to walk around and to navigate through (without signs). The reason I gave it 2 stars is that every couple of feet (and I'm not exaggerating) there would be animal droppings, likely from horses, in the middle of the trail. It's not small droppings, but big piles of droppings. It was hard to have to constantly look out for them and walk around them so we didn't get any souvenirs with us. We turned around when the smell became unbearable. I don't think we would go back again.

This was a fun trail with a variety of scenery. Mountains, trees, snow, ice, water. I loved it coming from Phoenix where we don't have a lot other than sand and rock. Not marked but easy to follow with the app. There are a ton of side trails.

Saturday, March 04, 2017

I couldn't find any trail signs for the trail so I used the AllTrails route to follow. This surprised me because the trail is shown on a map at the trailhead. Unlike other trails is the area it's much narrower. A small portion of the trails is closed so I had to take a minor detour and connect back up with the trail below the closed area

Tuesday, October 03, 2017