Dry Creek Trail

Dry Creek Trail is a 10.5 mile lightly trafficked out and back trail located near Alpine, Utah that features a waterfall and is rated as moderate. The trail is primarily used for hiking, trail running, and horses and is best used from February until November. Dogs and horses are also able to use this trail.

Condition report: the trail has only a few small patches of packed snow up to the 7200 ft elevation level (near the upper turnoff to the falls). Above that it's a 50/50 mix of packed snow and muddy trail. At 7600 ft the mud ended and it turned into a snowfield, but that's also where the boot track ended and the snow got soft. I didn't go up any further.

Passed a lot of trail riders with their horses on this trail,
growing up with horses this did not bother me at all.
I passed just a few other hikers mainly lower down by the head of the trail. Came a crossed a girl a few miles up closer to where you could see the falls who was also wondering how to actually get to the falls.
​ The picture I took from the distance dose not do justice to them and I still wish I could have reached them.

Great Trail that easy to follow in several feet of powder. It was a banner week for snow on this trail. We were breaking trail in mid thigh deep snow. It was amazing. Snowed the entire time so were were not able to see anything because of the low ceiling. Wanted to get up to the summit but breaking trail with that slowed us down and was too tiring and ran out of time. Can't wait to try this trail in the summer and go all the way to Box Elder Peak. Go very early or late. There were over 100 people carrying sleds, disks etc planning on sliding down. Glad we were going down while they were all still going up. It wouldn't be fun dodging sleds on snowshoes going up.

Just completed this today with the whole family. Packed up our toddlers on our backs and our older kids, 9 and 10 years old, did great! The trail is rocky but a nice steady incline. Not too slippery for us. You cross a small stream towards the top and we kept mostly to the left. We went off to the left and stopped at the lookout at the end of the hike and you get a great view of Horsetail Falls. Nice views, saw a group on horses on the way. Perfect Saturday getaway!

very nice . a lot of exposure. bring extra water. somewhat steep and rocky so nice

Saw a lot of reviews to stay on the left side of the creek so that's what we did. BE ADVISED if you take this trail to it's end you will run into a dropoff over looking one of the waterfalls. You can climb the big rock formation for a slight view of both waterfalls and the canyon. the left side is definitely more scenic but I believe if you're wanting to get up close and personal you should stick to the right side trail.

my wife and I did this hike with 2 little dogs on leashes. we won't do that again. as others have mentioned...it is rocky and slippery at times. trails are not marked well. the only downside.. we will come back. lots of deer in and around the trail

Beautiful trail! A little slippery though.

Didn't go on the actual Dry Creek trail, but followed the river up the mountain. My dogs loved the water and the scenery was awesome. It looks like there are lots of nice places to camp by the river, but no fires allowed.