Dry Creek Trail

Dry Creek Trail is a 10.5 mile lightly trafficked out and back trail located near Alpine, Utah that features a waterfall and is rated as moderate. The trail is primarily used for hiking, trail running, nature trips, and horses and is best used from February until November. Dogs and horses are also able to use this trail.

Dead horse on the trail about half mile in

Very beautiful!

Great hike! Ended up taking the trail over the saddle and down through Granite Flat to Tibble Fork. Lots of wildflowers, very lush and beautiful.

Tuesday, April 04, 2017

Condition report: the trail has only a few small patches of packed snow up to the 7200 ft elevation level (near the upper turnoff to the falls). Above that it's a 50/50 mix of packed snow and muddy trail. At 7600 ft the mud ended and it turned into a snowfield, but that's also where the boot track ended and the snow got soft. I didn't go up any further.

Wednesday, February 01, 2017

Passed a lot of trail riders with their horses on this trail,
growing up with horses this did not bother me at all.
I passed just a few other hikers mainly lower down by the head of the trail. Came a crossed a girl a few miles up closer to where you could see the falls who was also wondering how to actually get to the falls.
​ The picture I took from the distance dose not do justice to them and I still wish I could have reached them.

Saturday, January 21, 2017

Great Trail that easy to follow in several feet of powder. It was a banner week for snow on this trail. We were breaking trail in mid thigh deep snow. It was amazing. Snowed the entire time so were were not able to see anything because of the low ceiling. Wanted to get up to the summit but breaking trail with that slowed us down and was too tiring and ran out of time. Can't wait to try this trail in the summer and go all the way to Box Elder Peak. Go very early or late. There were over 100 people carrying sleds, disks etc planning on sliding down. Glad we were going down while they were all still going up. It wouldn't be fun dodging sleds on snowshoes going up.

Sunday, October 30, 2016

Just completed this today with the whole family. Packed up our toddlers on our backs and our older kids, 9 and 10 years old, did great! The trail is rocky but a nice steady incline. Not too slippery for us. You cross a small stream towards the top and we kept mostly to the left. We went off to the left and stopped at the lookout at the end of the hike and you get a great view of Horsetail Falls. Nice views, saw a group on horses on the way. Perfect Saturday getaway!

Thursday, September 22, 2016

very nice . a lot of exposure. bring extra water. somewhat steep and rocky so nice

Thursday, September 01, 2016

Saw a lot of reviews to stay on the left side of the creek so that's what we did. BE ADVISED if you take this trail to it's end you will run into a dropoff over looking one of the waterfalls. You can climb the big rock formation for a slight view of both waterfalls and the canyon. the left side is definitely more scenic but I believe if you're wanting to get up close and personal you should stick to the right side trail.

Monday, August 22, 2016

my wife and I did this hike with 2 little dogs on leashes. we won't do that again. as others have mentioned...it is rocky and slippery at times. trails are not marked well. the only downside.. we will come back. lots of deer in and around the trail

Sunday, August 21, 2016

Beautiful trail! A little slippery though.

Friday, August 19, 2016

Didn't go on the actual Dry Creek trail, but followed the river up the mountain. My dogs loved the water and the scenery was awesome. It looks like there are lots of nice places to camp by the river, but no fires allowed.

Saturday, August 06, 2016

Took 4 teenagers with me and we did just fine. Lots of shade, loose dirt and rocks. Slippery in spots. Trail is not marked well, just stay to the left. To the falls and back is 6+ miles total.

Thursday, July 21, 2016

Loved the views! Packed a 1yo and a 3yo in with my husband. The trail is a little confusing when you get to the fork. Take the left and just after, there's a little deer trail right to a good spot to look at the falls. We went left, hiked up too high, then had to scale down back to the plateau

Sunday, July 17, 2016

Nice hike and really accessible. Definitely a good workout for us. It was about 2.1 miles to the actual Falls. Gorgeous views and lots of shade. Pretty steep and slippery at times. Not for little kids. I would say age 10+..

Tuesday, July 12, 2016

We liked how quickly we were into the pines.

Sunday, July 10, 2016

Part shaded, beautiful scenery, an amazing views of the falls. When you hit the sign about 20 feet from it on the left is the trail to the actual falls. If you have dogs be careful they don't get swept away by the water, it's a fast current.

Friday, July 08, 2016

Very nice hike. Not too busy and enough shade to make a July outing enjoyable.

Thursday, June 23, 2016

Awesome hike. If you go all the way up to the falls it's about 2.5 miles- and very steep the last mile or so. But it's worth it. The view is awesome and the falls are big and very pretty!

Sunday, June 12, 2016

Beautiful trail. The falls are bigger then I expected. Loved the view of Alpine Valley hiking back.

Saturday, June 11, 2016

Beautiful greenery. A lot of the hike was shaded, though a little steeper than I had imagined. Dog friendly! Most people had their dogs off lease which I liked. The only reason I gave it 4 stars is because horses do use this trail, and of course there were large amounts of poop all throughout the trail. Which became stinky and unattractive.

Wednesday, June 08, 2016

Awesome hike and good workout since it was all up hill going up. There's a lot of snowmelt right now causing you to have go through a couple runoff streams. Either wear water proof shoes or be willing to take off your boots and socks to walk through like what I did. It's cold water but felt good!

Saturday, June 04, 2016

Beautiful. A little crowded, but the smells, the sounds, and the rugged beauty was breathtaking.

Thursday, June 02, 2016

great hike!

Monday, May 30, 2016

This was a nice hike but not something I would do with kids. This was a steep the whole way there over mostly rocks

Thursday, May 19, 2016

Spectacular falls! Shaded trail and sounds of the flowing creek is so refreshing! Worth the views at the top of the falls!

Saturday, May 14, 2016

Dry:)

Tuesday, May 03, 2016

It's a really nice and easy hike for a beginner like me! Kicked my booty still but awesome scenery and definitely worth it!!

Sunday, April 03, 2016

A little steep, but keep going! The view at the end is worth it. Highly recommended!

Saturday, March 12, 2016

Kids and I always enjoy this hike. It is by far one of their favorites