Draper Suspension Bridge

Draper Suspension Bridge is a 2.3 mile heavily trafficked loop trail located near Hidden Valley Country Club Estates, Utah that features beautiful wild flowers and is good for all skill levels. The trail offers a number of activity options and is best used from February until November. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

The easiest hike to the Bear Canyon Suspension Bridge in Draper is from Orson Smith Park. Path is well maintained, and there are frequent bicycles on the upper trail. A short hike past the hike the suspension bridge is the old pine bridge. Worth the bit extra to see.

Very exciting hike! Was our First time hiking and glad we chose this one. But the bridge is pretty scary if your terrifed of heights like i am. But glad i made it! We even went with out 2 4 and 6 year old and it wasnt hard for them. They loved it!

Beautiful hike with gorgeous views!

Great trail, but the bikers are reckless and inconsiderate of families.

This is a great trail. It can be pretty busy in spring and summer, though. Continuing south along the BST toward Corner Canyon, there can be a lot of mountain bikers to watch out for. My dog loves this trail almost as much as I do. We visit here about twice a week.

Fun little after work hike! Trail was dry and in good condition. Hiked in under an hour. A little elevation gain, beautiful views of the city and the suspension bridge is pretty cool, just kind of tucked away up there.

Great hike, and nice scenery! It is completely in the sun, so be well prepared for that!

Enjoyable hike. If you want to bang out a couple of miles with great views, check this trail out! Short and sweet, but a good hike nonetheless

Really easy hike but a little hard to see the trailhead once you reach the watershed gate on BST. There are steps leading down, just south of the gate. Definitely bring poles and yak tracks if spring weather is approaching. There were a bunch of teenagers hanging out on the bridge....jumping on it and throwing rocks. They stopped once we approached them. It was annoying.

Made it the whole way with our jogging stroller. Great views and the bridge was fun. Would definitely recommend during Spring and Fall since the trail is completely exposed.

Second time hiking I love it.

We really enjoyed this hike! Brought our little guy along:)

Pretty easy. Awesome that they would build such a fancy bridge for the BST

Took my 5y/o, 3 y/o and packed my 1 y/o on my back and they all LOVED it! Incredible views, really cool rocks (which is important when you’re a kid), and the perfect distance for kiddos. We will DEFINITELY do this one again!

The sweetest biking trail. Loved the suspension bridge. Beautifl area for seeing nature as you ride, walk or run.

As a beginner I had to pause a lot but it was well worth it in the end. Bridge is a bit wobbly but it wasn't scary.

Brought my dog up here today and it was beautiful! Only saw a couple people and a few bikers. There was no snow but it is supposed to snow tonight so there will probably be a couple inches tomorrow.

Great hike! The first part is switchbacks up the trail. The bridge is wobbly when walking across, but fun!

Relatively easy trail to do. The bridge and the views are awesome. Take Ralphs Trail back down to give yourself a different hike back to Orsen Wells Trailhead.

Great hike, close to the city but quiet enough to be enjoyable. If you keep going a little ways past the bridge the trail passes through a small boulder cave which is kinda neat.

from the orson trail, go up the boneville shoreline trail, when that trail splits go left (toward cherry lodge) but don't go up cherry lodge, keep going and you'll get to the bridge and the bear canyon trail (the restrooms are well kept with soap and seat covers)

Great hike! Did it with our 5 month old and dog. It was slightly more difficult than I anticipated due to the elevation gain.

This is a great family hike! It wasn’t too long and the bridge/view was awesome.

Great hike with the kiddos! Not too long or too hard for them, and super pretty with the mountains flanking you in the east and the greater Salt Lake valley visible to the west. Loved it!

Fun little hike to the bridge! Typical Utah trail and going up for the first part but then flattens out. The pup had fun too!

Did this one in the summer, but I think it was even better in the Fall with the patchwork of autumn colors worked into the view. We played on the suspension bridge then took the trail right before the bridge to head deeper into the canyon. The Old Pine Bridge is quaint and the creek is gorgeous. I read there is a cave nearby, but we couldn't find it.

Great easy family hike.

A fun hike! The bridge was awesome! On our way back down, a guy told us there is a cave just north of the bridge. I wish I had known that before. My boys would have loved that.

Fun, easy, family friendly hike.

Suspension bridge is exciting to walk across ... it has wood planks, sways in the wind and bounces when you walk on it.

Cool bridge, different than other hikes. Seems like a lot of work went into making this bridge.

I personally like alpine type hikes, but this is an easy one for little kids and my 3 yr old loved the bridge. There are bikes on this trail too, so watch out and be considerate.