Dooly Knob Trail is a 2.4 mile moderately trafficked out and back trail located near Syracuse, Utah that features a lake and is rated as moderate. The trail offers a number of activity options and is accessible year-round. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

Dooly Knob offers decent views of the Great Salt Lake and the Wasatch Front, while overlooking the plains land of Antelope Island. There is plenty of wildlife. Buffalo, Antelope, Coyote, and various small rodents and birds live there. You will find a greater appreciation for the island by hiking.

Nice little offshoot from Frary Peak Trail. Hiked 12/3 after hard snow previous day. Had no problem with regular hiking boots.

Awesome day seeing the history of Salt Lake and Lake Bonneville. Saw some great wildlife sites including elk and wild buffalo. Had to take the chance to wade into the great salt lake. Once is enough for that! Highly recommend.

The trail is a bit steep in places, but not bad overall. There are amazing views along the way and at the top.

J hon uunikuTdc fz

Hiked this last week. It was a really fun and very pretty hike! Only downside is the amount of bugs at the beginning of the trail. Bring bug spray for sure!

I’d love to go back when there aren’t so many bugs. The trails and views were great!

Beautiful. Bring bug spray. It’s essential.

Brought my pup up at around 9am - perfect time. Only saw two other people. Hike up just sucks but it’s so worth it.

No a bad trail. Bugs are getting pretty bad from the upper parking lot to the first saddle.

I completed this hike with my husband and our friend Erin on April 15.

This was a fun, beautiful hike. It was moderately steep much of the way, but since the trail was short, it wasn't too draining. For the second half of the hike, you can see both sides of the salt lake, which is nice. There are also grassy, rocky, little knolls that you can explore. Parts of it looked like scenes from The Lord of the Rings!

We wish the sun would've peeped out on us, but overall still a pleasant hike and a fun time!

Short, easy hike with great views at the top!

Great short hike with some inclines, beautiful views! Recommend doing sunset

This is straight up. No shade.

Loved this awesome trail! It was a great time of year to visit too! No snow, the infamous gnats weren't yet swarming, and the temperature was perfect for hiking! My 3 and 5 year olds managed with relative ease, though we hike often, and the almost 2 year old got out of the carrier for a few stretches of the hike!

Great hike with awesome views. This was a good alternative to Frary Peak.

Fun little hike with 4 kids ages 10 to 17. Scenic views of the great Salt Lake. Saw plenty of bison. No bugs in February! Took about 1 hour and 45 minutes round trip.

Saturday, November 04, 2017

Absolutely loved this trail! Overcast day with amazing views of the Buffalo, mule deer, grouse and pronghorn. The number of 6-8 point buck was impressive and the hike itself was perfect for my four year old daughter! She loved it and we’ll definitely be back!

Wednesday, October 11, 2017

Dogs are allowed on both this and Frairie peak. Cold and windy great hike straight up. Beautiful views.

Friday, July 28, 2017

This trail has a decent climb that is probably better done earlier in the day. We went mid day in July and there is no shade so it was a little hot. The views from the top were AMAZING and unique. I would definitely do this again next time we are in the area.

Tuesday, July 11, 2017

Tuesday, July 04, 2017

Bugs were not nearly as bad as expected. Zero shade throughout, so even though it's not a very long hike, bring more water than you expect to need. I had 2L in my hydropac and ran out shortly after reaching the top. Even though it was a hot and sunny day, the wind from the lake gave my sweaty bare arms chills, so I'd suggest longer sleeves.

Sunday, June 25, 2017

Great views! The bugs were only
Bad in some of the shaded areas near the higher rocks. Other than that- an overall pleasant hike.

Sunday, April 30, 2017

We saw some antelope and byson. Steep hike. Great outing but the bugs were aweful and made it bearable. They just hached - will go earlier next year.

Monday, April 24, 2017

Beautiful views and a nice, shorter hike. However this time of year the bugs severely take away from the experience.

Tuesday, April 18, 2017

A great hike, about an hour or so depending on pace. Great views all around towards the top, ( can even see Downtown SLC at a distance) It's a great reward for a such a quick hike.

Monday, April 17, 2017

Awesome trail- took our 4, 7 and 8 year old children and they did awesome! Beautiful views at the top!

Monday, April 03, 2017

We did this hike over the weekend with our 4 year old and we all loved it she did it with relative ease until I'd say the last 10th of a mile due to steepness of trail but the top offers amazing views in a full 360! Great hike and look forward to doing it again

Sunday, March 19, 2017

Fun climb! beautiful view. The first section is like a ladder going up but then doesn't become much of a grind afterwards.

Sunday, March 05, 2017

This is a fairly quick climb and was a great starter for me for the new hiking season. Beautiful views from the top of the island and a panorama of the Wasatch to the east.

Sunday, February 26, 2017

Nice quick hike with great views.