Dooly Knob Trail

Dooly Knob Trail is a 2.4 mile moderately trafficked out and back trail located near Syracuse, Utah that features a lake and is rated as moderate. The trail offers a number of activity options and is accessible year-round. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

Dooly Knob offers decent views of the Great Salt Lake and the Wasatch Front, while overlooking the plains land of Antelope Island. There is plenty of wildlife. Buffalo, Antelope, Coyote, and various small rodents and birds live there. You will find a greater appreciation for the island by hiking.

Absolutely loved this trail! Overcast day with amazing views of the Buffalo, mule deer, grouse and pronghorn. The number of 6-8 point buck was impressive and the hike itself was perfect for my four year old daughter! She loved it and we’ll definitely be back!

Dogs are allowed on both this and Frairie peak. Cold and windy great hike straight up. Beautiful views.

This trail has a decent climb that is probably better done earlier in the day. We went mid day in July and there is no shade so it was a little hot. The views from the top were AMAZING and unique. I would definitely do this again next time we are in the area.

Bugs were not nearly as bad as expected. Zero shade throughout, so even though it's not a very long hike, bring more water than you expect to need. I had 2L in my hydropac and ran out shortly after reaching the top. Even though it was a hot and sunny day, the wind from the lake gave my sweaty bare arms chills, so I'd suggest longer sleeves.

Great views! The bugs were only
Bad in some of the shaded areas near the higher rocks. Other than that- an overall pleasant hike.

We saw some antelope and byson. Steep hike. Great outing but the bugs were aweful and made it bearable. They just hached - will go earlier next year.

Beautiful views and a nice, shorter hike. However this time of year the bugs severely take away from the experience.

A great hike, about an hour or so depending on pace. Great views all around towards the top, ( can even see Downtown SLC at a distance) It's a great reward for a such a quick hike.

Awesome trail- took our 4, 7 and 8 year old children and they did awesome! Beautiful views at the top!

We did this hike over the weekend with our 4 year old and we all loved it she did it with relative ease until I'd say the last 10th of a mile due to steepness of trail but the top offers amazing views in a full 360! Great hike and look forward to doing it again

Fun climb! beautiful view. The first section is like a ladder going up but then doesn't become much of a grind afterwards.

This is a fairly quick climb and was a great starter for me for the new hiking season. Beautiful views from the top of the island and a panorama of the Wasatch to the east.

Nice quick hike with great views.

Tuesday, November 29, 2016

This is a great family hike. We did this on one of the last good days in November. Clear skies and the temperature was a perfect 50 deg. and there was a nice breeze on top of Dooly Knob.

The cost to get onto Antelope Island is worth it. Spend the day and explore the other parts of the island. Lady Finger trail is a good quick hike also.

Saturday, November 26, 2016

Great leg stretch

Sunday, October 16, 2016

Did it today, great hike! I agree with the poster that this one is good to take the kids because they'll feel like they did some work without being too hard or dangerous. October is the best month for this hike. It's cold enough at night to knock down the bugs and the temps are typically in the 60s or low 70s (today's temp was 68). There's no shade to be had, so it was a hot 68 until you hit the saddle where you can see the other side of the Great Salt Lake and Buffalo Point. There's always a nice breeze up there that doesn't hit the eastern slope. All in all, a great little hike. It's something to get you and the kids off the couch and the view on top is very nice. It's kind of a bummer to have to pay $10 to get in the park but after doing this hike, you can take a nice car ride to go see the buffalo or go check out Garr Ranch if that's your thing. I definitely recommend it.

Thursday, September 01, 2016

This hike was very beautiful. I was a little disappointed that I had to pay to get in to antipope island but it was a lot of fun!

Friday, August 05, 2016

Fun hike and nice view of the area. Windy day kept any bugs away.

Sunday, March 20, 2016

Fun little hike. Loved the view