Donut Falls Trail is a 3 mile heavily trafficked out and back trail located near Park City, Utah that features a waterfall and is good for all skill levels. The trail is primarily used for hiking and is accessible year-round.

Distance: 3.0 miles Elevation Gain: 531 feet Route Type: Out & Back

cave

NOTE: Currently the parking area for this trail is closed due to COVID-19. You can still park down the road and walk in. Please check with the park for updates.

This was a pretty easy hike compared to other hikes. I definitely recommend it for those who aren’t as experienced as myself. You just gotta be a bit careful as I did see quite a few people slip. You have to walk through some cold water to get close to the waterfall. If you want to get to the cool cave you have to be willing to risk a longer hike past the warning signs. I would not recommend that. Bathrooms had actual plumbing which was nice.

Bear sighting south of Jordan pine campgrounds today around 9am

Easy lovely trail. We took a long time because we stopped and took lots of pictures. We went up fairly early on a Saturday morning and by the time we came downs the mountain there were over 200 people we passed on the trail. A lot of kids in large groups! Overly crowded at the top so we never saw the falls so tuned around. I’d go again but not on a Saturday.

flooded

private property

This hike is very beautiful and very easy Until you reach the actual falls then you need to be a bit advanced to actually see the “donut”

great hike. lots of fun and easy to find. GPS trail wasn't accurate (I thought) but the trail was well marked and the falls were gorgeous!

Lots of mud due to melting snow banks as of 5/27/20. Wear shoes with good traction that can handle that. Very busy for a Wednesday, especially with groups blasting music out of backpacks! Plenty of young children if you’re considering bringing the kiddos. The falls were pretty.

It was a muddy trail to go during this time, making sure the trail is dry I’m sure makes it a lot more pleasant to walk it!

Great hike, got a little confused on the small scramble down the rocks to actually see the waterfall. Getting up to the cave was a no go with a 3 year old but cant wait to try again.

Great hike with a fun waterfall climb. Some snow on the trail. Feet got pretty wet crossing the creek.

Pretty trail. A little muddy and snowy and surprisingly busy.

icy

private property

Pretty trail, did it May 25th, great weather but super muddy and still snowy. We slid in a lot of places. The parking lot is still closed so parking on the road was crazy and there were TONS of people. When you get to the end go left and you kind of scramble through the river to get to the base of the waterfall, going right theoretically brings you to the top of the falls but we didn’t take that trail. When walking from the road parking area the trail starts pretty soon, however you can also stay on the road. Which isn’t anywhere near as muddy but also less pretty and that road goes through some private property before the trail begins on that route. They meet up at an outhouse (which was filthy) the continue separated (again the road in my opinion is the better option) the dirt road at this point goes alongside the river while the trial goes through the woods. They meet up again later on. The falls were super pretty, I just wish it wasn’t so crazy busy. Next time don’t go on a holiday :)

Great trail. Kids had fun. Super friendly squirrels all over the place. Beautiful falls.

Muddy but nice. High water right now. Gate is closed but you can walk the road.

private property

Still snow on trail, muddy. We had kids with us so we didn’t dare to go over the rock area and up to the falls.

private property

Trail head closed so you have to park and walk up but on a nice day like today it is totally worth it. We parked and walk up to the point where out only option was to get our feet wet and then we climbed some rocks to reach the cave. (There may have been a sign warning you to not climb on the rocks) oops. Either way we reached the cave and my brother and I were the only ones up there. It was a good time. Just be careful!!!