Donut Falls Trail

Donut Falls Trail is a 3 mile heavily trafficked out and back trail located near Salt Lake City, Utah that features a waterfall and is good for all skill levels. The trail offers a number of activity options and is accessible year-round.

cave

partially paved

Please note a portion of the road leading up to the trail may be closed due to snow well into spring/beginning of summer. The road closure has been reported to start approximately 1/2 mile before the trailhead. The trail is open, but please be sure to wear appropriate footwear as the snow melts.

Great hike. I did a Google Earth Trail on Saturday here. You can do a virtual like walk of the trail and into the cave at www.shaunasadventures.com or on Google Earth. We had on spikes/ Crampons and made it to the cave fine. Headed up a little before 9, and there was not too many crowds, but as we headed down there was a huge group heading up. Most people heading up had sleds. I wish I would have asked them where they were heading to sled. I am thinking they were going to take the V shaped trail marked on my blog to the North Fork road and then sled down it. Definitely would have been fun sled ride down.

easy hike, good views. Dont try and get a picture by the falls unless you want to walk back with freezing feet. Ha!

Beautiful, easy hike. Cool ice cave. Hiked today (mid-January) with hiking/snow boots and we were just fine.

great hike! we didn't go up the last portion but it was so much fun anyway. snow was packed in but we had spikes and poles. definately need to go back and go up to the cave!

I hiked this yesterday with a friend. It wasn’t too crowded and the snow was packed down so hiking boots were fine. We didn’t do the very last part to the actual falls because it was too steep and slippery. Other people were doing it though.

Amazing short little hike. It has hard snow pack so no snow shoes necessary. The view at the falls is amazing. Truly a great one for the whole family. And the reward is well worth the work.

Lovely winter hike. The road and trail were sufficiently packed that snowshoes were not necessary, although they may help some folks. No waterfall visible during the winter, but it was still worth it for a beautiful woodland walk.

If you’re looking for an easy paved and cut out trail this is for you. You’ll be directed to the waterfall with ease. Now, if you want to go to see the donut shaped rock where the waterfall has cut through, you’ll need to do some climbing. My group scaled the waterfall. Shoes and pants were wet, but to us, it was worth it to feel the icy water and take pictures at the top. We typically do difficult hikes, so adding this climbing factor make it more interesting and worthwhile.

Good trail, the hike up to the trailhead was the biggest workout for me but the scenery was nice and it wasn’t too long

The trail is good now. No snow shoes needed.

This trail was SO beautiful today! The snow was perfect on the trees and mountains and good to walk through. Lots of people snow shoeing and with touring skis. I had hike spikes and poles and that worked great. The falls at the end was amazing and so worth traversing up the rocks at the top to get inside the little cave. The road to the trailhead is closed due to snow but it doesn’t make it that much longer.

I brought our family from Virginia, an 18,16,and 13 year old and my own kids 11,9,7,and 5 year old. Good snow, icy at the top. Beautiful at the top, good for all ages.

A nice gentle slope and walk through the woods until the last 150m.

You have to walk across the stream, skipping over stones and logs. The last 35m is a scrambling rock climb, pretty treacherous, so unless you have good climbing skills and suitable footwear, don’t even try it. If it’s been freezing it’s a no-go as the rocks are quite smooth and impossible to scale. Nice cave with waterfall at the top following the climb.

Nice walk but couldn’t get inside cave to see the photos posted.

Hike October 28, 2018 It was a bit muddy and aspens have already fallen. A little wet as well. Crowed by 2:30 pm No bathroom facilities. Falls were worth the mud and wet feet. Go take this hike!

Went up with snowshoes but didn’t really need them. Awesome winter hike!

Snow, ice, and mud, but a great hike! Somehow I didn't make it to the falls, the trail just ended at the river. I'll go back in the summer and see where I went wrong. The road is closed so you have to hike in from the main road.

Great easy hike for anyone, especially for the kids.There was snow and ice on most of the trail this morning. Make sure to take gloves that’s something I was regretting not having with me.

Super easy, super crowded. Snow shoe this one. It’s not bad though. Falls are pretty cool.

The problem with Donut Falls and the reason for my 2 Star Rating is because it was as crowded as when you go to Disney Land waiting on your favorite ride on a Saturday and admission to Disney Land is Free for the first time ever......

Although I am exaggerating Donuts Falls was way too crowded for my tastes!

Not my cup of tea. Flat. too crowded. Short walk. Good walk w/ younger kids.

scenic driving

I enjoyed this shirt easy hike. I have not hiked for a long time and needed a starter hike like this one. The aspens were beautiful.

Super easy hike, we went off trail which made it a little harder. Beautiful view and nice workout for beginners

Beautiful, easy hike and we even saw a moose up close :)

Super fun trail! Nice waterfall at the end.

Nice little walk with a very cool waterfall and rock formation.

Very cool. And very busy.

Very easy going with a beautiful waterfall at the end. Best to go on a weekday or an evening on the weekend because it’s a very popular hike. Took us about 40 minutes to get to the falls.

Hiked this trail in January and it was covered in snow. Amazing hike. We accidentally went up a side path and went the wrong way, which was easy enough to figure out when we saw some skiers coming down it. Stay to the left lol
This hike is super easy even in the snow. Had a blast and the little falls that’s at the end was worth the little hike there.