Donut Falls Trail

EASY 1,107 reviews

Donut Falls Trail is a 1.5 mile heavily trafficked out and back trail located near Salt Lake City, Utah that features a waterfall and is good for all skill levels. The trail offers a number of activity options and is best used from March until October.

cave

The turn off to the Donut Falls Hiking Trail is located approx 9 miles up Big Cottonwood Canyon. Take a right and drive past the Jordan Pines Picnic Area and some private property to the trailhead parking lot. The trail starts to south of the parking lot by the restrooms.

I lots a silver eternity ring at the trailhead today taking pictures. If anyone happens to find it I would love to have it back. I’ve weary it everyday for over 10 years. Thanks. orangemusicnote@gmail.com.

Gorgeous hike during gentle falling snow.

Easy hike, even in the snow.

Great hike in December. Lots of snow and ice so crampons were very helpful. Falls are really cool. This trail only lost one star because of the high traffic. I recommend going at an off-peak time.

This is a short trail/ about .8 miles to the trailhead from the parking lot during winter- and another 1.5 to the falls. Very easy. There is a part that with snow and ice can be tricky, but even with that I would say anyone 3+ should be able to complete the trail with ease. A lot of beautiful trees, cool river, and I nice waterfall ending. A little shirt for
My personal liking but a nice trail nonetheless

Good for amazing photography.

Good for families with small children..also there's another cool trail called lake blancha trail right at the end of it

Looked nice but didn't actually hike it. Walked from highway to trailhead on closed road, saw some moose, turned around. Trail completely covered with slippery snow too slick for our boots.

Easy hike. A quick trot to some nice falls. Expect to park out from the trailhead, which added time to our hike.

Hiked this on 11/15. No snow on the trail.

No snow on the trail in early November and a well worth it hike. Definitely go all the way up to the falls.

Well worth it, very nice with the family but heavy traffic.

Highly trafficked

Great hike for a family or if you want to take it easy. Awesome little waterfall at the end. Would suggest wearing or bringing water sandals if you’re doing this in good weather.. you’ll cross some streams and it’s more fun not to worry about getting your shoes wet!

Was more impressed by the 7 Mule Deer, Pot Bellies(chipmunk type rodents), unique birds, and the pretty snowy trail than I was the not so waterfall. More like flowing stream is all.

This was a lovely, easy trail. When my husband and I went yesterday, the road to the parking lot was closed. We parked at the parking lot right off the main road and walked up to the trailhead and kept going. It's a nice hike to add onto another hike (like we did earlier in the morning) or even for a short by-itself hike. We finished it right before the snow hit so it wasn't as slippery. Be mighty careful, though, hiking down or up the actual waterfall itself. While we didn't do either, we watched people slip coming down. I would caution against doing so, without the proper trail shoe that has some grip. Also, be hesitant with your kids. Unfortunately, right when we arrived at the falls, we saw a family hiking down the actual falls and the daughter fell off a rock and hurt herself. Be careful!

Super slick and icy during this time of year. I fell like 4 times and was not wearing the proper shoes. Bring a hiking pole! Super pretty though!

It is an extremely crowded trail. A few jackasses even brought their dogs, which is illegal in this canyon. Really easy hike with a beautiful waterfall at the top. Good for kids and elderly people, bad if you don't like heavily trafficked trails.

Easy trail, good for kids. Plan on getting your feet wet. Very popular trail, the day we did it there were so many people there.

Weather is cold , water is cold . Easy hike but climbing the rocks is a challenge