Dominguez Hill is a 1.7 mile moderately trafficked out and back trail located near Spanish Fork, Utah that features beautiful wild flowers and is good for all skill levels. The trail is primarily used for hiking, walking, nature trips, and birding and is best used from April until September. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

Took my dog up

This was an easy hike with beautiful views! My 3 year old son was able to do this hike with me without any complaints. We ended up taking about 2 hours round trip at a leisure pace. We ran into rattle snakes on the trail, but other than that it was awesome and we’d do it again.

(As of 7/10 the main entrance is actually closed!!) Fun hike with my dog. There's a few spots where it's rocky and steep so it can be a little tricky to scale, but other than that it's a pretty easy hike. It took us like an hour round trip. The top is very scenic. You can see the windmills facing the canyon and pretty much the entire valley. Would be a good evening hike, there is no shade on the trail. There's actually several different little pathways you can take. If you go up Spanish Oaks drive towards the gate, but you take the left turn right before the gate and head all the way down that road, then take another left it'll take you to a crossroad where to the right it's a dead end and to the left it continues curving down. Park in the dead end and hike up the little dirt trail and it'll put you right on track to walk straight up to the cross. You have to take this route because they closed the other route as they do construction around the reservoir.

Beautiful! Simple for all my kids age 4-11. A few rocky spots which we just walked off the path in the foliage and were fine (to prevent sliding). One of our favorites. We love the tree cover at the beginning and the views at the top! We do his one several times every summer!

Easy enough for my young kids to do. 8 and 4 years of age. The 2 year old was a carry, but I didn’t mind the extra workout. Nice distance for a evening family hike. Small sections of some up and down, but also some nice sections of flat walking amongst trees. Would recommend as a nice leisure hike. Couple of edges at the top at the cross have pretty steep declines, so if you bring kids keep an eye out for that.

Friday, October 13, 2017

locally known as the Spanish Fork cross. short hike friendly for kids. views & scenery not all that great.

Sunday, September 24, 2017

easy hike. would be a fun hike for kids. there's also the cross and a plaque to read about the explorers.

Tuesday, August 22, 2017

This is a super fun, quick hike. Great for kids and dogs. The trail is pretty well marked, but once you get into the trail a little it breaks of in many directions so it made it confusing. Maybe they all end up there, not really sure. But what was supposed to be a super quick hike, took longer than expected because I didn't know which trail to take. Still, gorgeous at the top, and I will make this a regular.

Regardless of where you end up, it's a gorgeous area.

Mountain bikers would love it!

Park in the parking lot, and walk up the road by the camp hosts. Can't miss the trail head.

Sunday, August 06, 2017

I've been up this trail a few times with scout groups and my young family. I absolutely love the thick groves of oak enveloping much of the trail. The lower portion is shaded much of the day, and there is always a breeze at the upper part of the trail which helps keep you cool.

There's actually a couple different routes you can take, including a poorly maintained service road that my boy loves for the steep hike and climbing it provides. I like to park at the pavilion above the reservoir (in the campground area) and walk the short way to the end of the road where the trail begins.

Overall a good workout and doable for even the younger kids if you stick to the main route. Bring lots of water, and enjoy the great valley views at the top. Do a little research on the history of The Escalante Cross which marks the top, so you'll look brilliant to the kids when they ask about it!

Saturday, July 22, 2017

It's a very short hike that you can even start right up at the reservoir, but the final ascent to the cross is quite steep. I had to cross off the trail so that my shoes had something to grab onto. You are rewarded with some spectacular views of the valley.

Tuesday, September 19, 2017