Dog Lake Trail

Dog Lake Trail is a 5 mile heavily trafficked out and back trail located near Salt Lake City, Utah that features a lake and is rated as moderate. The trail offers a number of activity options and is best used from July until November. Dogs are also able to use this trail.

skiing

Dogs are allowed off leash on odd days. Bikes are allowed on even days.

This trail is so beautiful in the fall time!

Fun hike with the dogs!

My dog and I very much enjoyed the hike today!

Great hike. Gradual incline. Coverage from the sun is a great plus in the summer. a little chilly this time of year so dress accordingly.

Great trail. Decided to this one because a moose was blocking one of the other ones, dogs loved the lake at the top

Enjoyed the shaded trail & depth of the pines!

Nice forrested hike. Not very steep and well covered.

Excellent hike. I. started the hike at about 3 PM wondering how long it would take to get to the lake with my little Boston terrier. Another fellow hiker informed me that if I took the steeper trail I could get there faster in and out in about 2.5 hours. That is what I did. The hike was a lot steeper than I imagined, it was quite the work out. My dog loved it and so did I, we have been back twice already.

Tips: Dogs off leash on odd days only; $3 park fee upon exit; they accept cash and credit cards.