Devils Pocket Loop

Devils Pocket Loop is a 10.1 mile loop trail located near Monticello, Utah that offers scenic views and is rated as moderate. The trail is primarily used for hiking, walking, and trail running and is accessible year-round.

Distance: 10.1 miles Elevation Gain: 1,679 feet Route Type: Loop

we reserved the devils pocket campsite for our backpacking trip & are so glad we did! the trail was beautiful start to finish! saw other groups of hikers up until chesler park but after leaving there, we didn’t see anyone! this loop is amazing if you want to feel secluded. took us about 6 hours to get to devils pocket as we found this hike quite challenging! would probably be a fairly easy trail without the 40lbs of water on our backs! would love to come back & do it again

Thursday, April 19, 2018

Did an out and back from Elephant Hill trailhead to Devil's Kitchen. Did not do my homework, and so did not realize that I could have done a loop either back through Chessler Park or on the jeep road. Awesome area. There isn't anywhere you can go here where you aren't going to be stunned by the landscape. Depending on the time of year, it can get really hot. You need a lot of water.

Monday, March 12, 2018

I started at Elephant hill and stayed overnight at Devils Pocket. This was my favorite campsite ever. So secluded and peaceful. If you’re looking to feel remote and alone, this is the spot. You have a beautiful scene all to yourself. I sat on a rock right in front of camp and watched the sunset. This was the quietest and most peaceful place. I highly recommend staying here and if you can, leave and head towards Chester park and the joint trail. I stayed at CP4 the next night and it was also amazing.

Wednesday, December 14, 2016

We backpacked in and reserved the "Devil's Pocket" campground in "Devil's Kitchen". I can honestly say that this was one of my favorite backpacking trips I have ever made. The trail is listed as "Moderate", but if you're backpacking it can be kinda strenuous. If we didn't have backpacks I'm sure it would have been a lot more chill. There is so much variety on this loop, it never gets boring. Every variety that Canyonlands has available comes through in the Devil's Pocket Loop.

Monday, September 24, 2018