Devils Pocket Loop

Devils Pocket Loop is a 10.1 mile loop trail located near Monticello, Utah that offers scenic views and is rated as moderate. The trail is primarily used for hiking, walking, and trail running and is accessible year-round.

I started at Elephant hill and stayed overnight at Devils Pocket. This was my favorite campsite ever. So secluded and peaceful. If you’re looking to feel remote and alone, this is the spot. You have a beautiful scene all to yourself. I sat on a rock right in front of camp and watched the sunset. This was the quietest and most peaceful place. I highly recommend staying here and if you can, leave and head towards Chester park and the joint trail. I stayed at CP4 the next night and it was also amazing.

Wednesday, December 14, 2016

We backpacked in and reserved the "Devil's Pocket" campground in "Devil's Kitchen". I can honestly say that this was one of my favorite backpacking trips I have ever made. The trail is listed as "Moderate", but if you're backpacking it can be kinda strenuous. If we didn't have backpacks I'm sure it would have been a lot more chill.

There is so much variety on this loop, it never gets boring. Every variety that Canyonlands has available comes through in the Devil's Pocket Loop.