Devils Garden is a 1 mile moderately trafficked loop trail located near Escalante, Utah that offers scenic views and is good for all skill levels. The trail is primarily used for hiking, walking, nature trips, and bird watching and is best used from April until November. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

Distance: 1.0 miles Elevation Gain: 88 feet Route Type: Loop

An outstanding natural area!

I wouldn’t call this a trail, so much as a picnic area, or rest stop with a ton of hoodoos. Don’t get me wrong, very pretty and definitely accessible for kids and elderly, but as said below, there’s no real hike. You can walk around whenever you want. Does get packed and parking easily overflows.

The road to get to this trail is terrible.. super bumpy. Once you get there it’s very pretty, we didn’t stay long or hike the whole trail because there are no real trail markers, you can just walk wherever you want. Still beautiful though

The hardest part of this “hike” is getting there. The dirt road from Escalante is really bumpy. If dry you can certainly make it even in a regular car. If wet I wouldn’t try it at all. We saw some ruts you could disappear into! The “garden” itself is awesome. Best for families with kids. Lots of stuff to climb on. Great photo opportunities. We had a lot of fun there.

I visited Devil's Garden with my family this past weekend and was in awe of the rock structures. Beautiful views wherever you look. Such a neat place to visit. My kids loved it

Nice area to explore with lots of cool sandstone formations

Here on 3-19-20. This was so much fun! My son’s favorite stop. Not really an actual trail as others have said, but a fun area to play in! Hole in the rock road was nicely packed, but still a dirt road with some areas to watch.

No trail - but a fun area to explore for 1 hr

Short and sweet. Would recommend continuing SE along the wash and checking out the expanse of soft red rock. “Looks like a brain.” Very obvious to see erosion at work— compare west side of wash to east side (soil has worn away). Stay off the islands of sediment supporting life!

Fun easy hike for the whole family! Definitely walk around the rock formation and get under, in between, and over all the nooks and holes.

This is a cool spot to walk around if you have half an hour to spare.

icy

I wouldn’t say that there really is a trail to follow. It’s more walking around the few rocks that make this park. Way cool, but you’ll have more fun just walking to the rocks you wanna see.

Fun place. Kids would love it. Hole in the Rock road is kind of annoying, but it’s fine. Just plans on averaging about 30 mph.

Nice walk! To be done after a peek a boo / spooky hike.

Nice kid friendly place to just hangout. Road out to the site was very rough I paved road - 12 miles took 20-30 minutes.

Fun place for kids to play even without hiking the trail.

Took the kids (ages 5 and 9) near sunset ... it was such a fun experience and a great way to end the day. Cooler temperatures and beautiful light.... but we really wish we had brought bug spray - we would have stayed longer if we had. We missed the trail, if there is one, but we all had fun wandering and looking at the hoodoos and climbing around. One of our favorite parts of this trip, for sure!

confusing path...kids had fun running through the hoodoo's

If you're on your way to the slot canyons, definitely make a stop here! beautiful and odd.

Beautiful forms and no one around at sunset. The sand had cooled down and we walked barefoot among the rocks. One of the coolest places I’ve seen.

Great little climbs for kids, very scenic, great for pictures. It wasn't too crowded when we were there...and..there are bathrooms!

Gotta drive 11 miles on an unimproved road to get to it. It's ok, not much of a hike really. Bathroom on site.

very nice morning hike

Sun May 19 2019

Wed May 15 2019

Great views, very picturesque. Took lots of photos. Easy hike, gentle grades. Loop trail

Fri May 10 2019

Great for a happy hour snack and picnic!!