Devils Garden Loop Trail with 7 Arches [CLOSED]

hardYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow Star(1669)
Arches National Park

Devils Garden Loop Trail with 7 Arches is a 12.1 kilometer heavily trafficked loop trail located near Thompson, Utah that features beautiful wild flowers and is rated as difficult. The trail offers a number of activity options and is accessible year-round.

Distance: 12.1 km Elevation Gain: 326 m Route Type: Loop

cave

partially paved

closed

This trail is experiencing full or partial closure due to COVID-19. Please see the open trails nearby for alternate hiking options. This is a wonderful hike that allows you to see up to six natural arches. The main trail is well maintained, and wide. The first spur trail takes you to Tunnel Arch and Pine Tree Arch. The trail leads to Landscape Arch, which at 306' long and is one of the largest natural spans in the world. After visiting Landscape Arch, you begin your only significant uphill climb of the trip. You will walk well below Wall Arch, then climb higher to spur trails to Navajo and Partition Arch. At this point retrace the main trail back to the trailhead or continue on for an additional 2 1/4 miles for views of Double Arch and Dark Angel.

53 minutes ago

Definitely a great and memorable hike!

This has been our favorite hike in Arches. Lots of breathtaking scenery, and it gives you a decent workout! The parts on slickrock make it difficult to identify the trail sometimes; just be sure to follow the cairns.

Best trail I've done in Arches, I highly recommend it to anyone in good hiking shape. We lost the trail a few times on the primitive section (primarily a concern after rain), plan a bit of extra time and don't mess around in the dark.

Great trail, bit crowded though. Found the primitive trail no tougher than the section between landscape and double O. Partition, Navajo and Landscape are the three best points I think, so if you don't have a lot of time I would just do those.

Great trail- went the day after it rained so there were more obstacles but such a beautiful trail. I do have a mild fear of heights so there were a few parts of the trail that made me anxious but would definitely do it all again.

We started around 7:30 am and had no trouble parking at the trailhead; when we left the trail several hours later cars were circling for spots. The first three arches on this trail are very accessible and appropriate for a wide age and fitness span. The path is wide, clear, and sandy in some places. After Landscape Arch there is a short scramble up some large rocks; if heights are an issue for you—-it might give you some pause, but with a little courage this is a really great scramble for beginners and beyond. The view from the top staring down between the sandstone fins is unique and beautiful too. Worth it! Partition and Navajo arches are also quite accessible and quick trips off the main path. Our hope was to make it to Double O Arch and Dark Angel before turning around to return to the trailhead...we lost the path near a sign indicating the direction for Double O. It just didn’t make sense to us, and even with a map downloaded we didn’t feel confident in continuing. The primitive trail is in fact primitive. We completed 4.75 miles without seeing the above mentioned landmarks. Regardless of how far you choose to travel, this hike showcases a lot of beautiful features of the park. It’s a great way to start your day!

Hiked on 3/15/20. This hike was a lot of fun! Not too strenuous for the moderately experienced hiker but does require some scrambling on slick rock. I wouldn't attempt the primitive trail in the rain but in nice weather, regular boots with a good grip will work fine.

So much fun! A lot of work, but worth it. Trail was dry when we did it last week. Don’t attempt if you don’t like some scrambling and a few steep drop offs. I don’t like heights, but handled this just fine. I’m a 48 year old female - casual hiker. Our 12 year old son was with us and I made my husband keep a grip on him through the risky areas and my son whined up a storm. I saw other kids younger than him doing it just fine. Just depends on your comfort level. I wasn’t comfortable with him doing it completely unassisted. We wanted to do the whole loop and come back on the primitive trail, however, after reaching Dark Angel, we hiked back the way we came as we were running out of daylight. We are definitely going to come back and do the entire loop.

One of my favorite hikes! Lots of scrambling, climbing and steep cliffs. It starts off easy. The fun stuff is on the primitive trails.

This trail was really fun with amazing views! However, the trail is not very well marked. Thank you to whoever put out rock formations to help guide the way! There was slight rain that made primitive trail a little challenging, make sure to have proper shoes!

Wonderful hike we did with our three boys (15, 14, 11). Not too tough but a couple areas where, if you’re scared of heights, it’ll be a challenge. We had cloud cover all day and it was wonderful. The views and photo ops are perfect. If you can only do one thing in Arches, it should be this.

This trail is amazing and so worth it. One of my all time favorites!

Wonderful way to view the 7 arches on this trail! Took us 4 hours and 15 mins going counterclockwise with lots of stopping for pics and snacks. Great cloud cover all day!

Great trail with lots of arches.

So the trail isn’t as marked as well as you might expect so keep an eye out for signs. Also be prepared to walk along the rocky ridges to really make progress and get the views. We got off trail on accident but found our way. A nice hike with multiple arches and key holes. Slightly muddy and snowy at the beginning. make sure to bring proper footwear !

Fantastic hike. Great to hike during the spring season. Trail is closer to 9 miles when you include all the side hikes. No snow or ice currently on the trail

Completed this hike on March 2, 2020. No measurable snow or ice. Weather was fantastic 40-50s clear. We completed all of the side hikes off the trail. Hike is closer to 9-miles. I would rate this hike as a moderate hike with a few areas of scrambling on the primitive trail. We hiked at a fairly leisurely pace, taking lots of photos and stopping for a trail lunch. Took about 4 1/2 hours. I would also recommend getting out early and get on the trail before the family hikers.