cave

Mid February 2018... early morning start. We went clockwise. No map.No idea what we were in for. I'm NOT in shape and wasn't sure what to expect. Seeing someone up the first fin, I thought they were just having fun and taking selfies... until I realized I had to go that way. I'm afraid of heights as well. Having said all that... I had an absolutely amazing time! Super high winds and blowing snow made for some dangerous areas and there were a few that made the extremely tall fin that turned around.. not hiking with a partner. Bad idea. I doubted my abilities several times only because I've never hiked something this long. We took lunch breaks and stopped to look around. It was freezing so I didn't get as many pictures as I wanted.. hated digging for camera or phone. Wasn't prepared for scrambling rocks.. but glad I went clockwise because for me it is easier going down rock faces than up. Really wasn't prepared for the so called puddle or the young lady crying at the puddle. Once across, she and her husband helped my crossing. Thanks guys! Only slipped a few times and almost slid into frigid water. Take waders or a change of shoes and socks... the potential to end up in icy water in cold months is severe. I have to do this stuff in colder weather because of medical conditions... but I'd still suggest off season times. Chances of bus loads of tourists showing up is scaled way down... but we still ran into them in the park at the easier arches. Beautiful trail and even though that day I swore never again.. now that I understand and better know what to expect... DEFINITELY would do it again. More pictures next time!