Desolation Trail to Salt Lake Overlook

Desolation Trail to Salt Lake Overlook is a 4.4 mile lightly trafficked out and back trail located near Salt Lake City, Utah that features beautiful wild flowers and is rated as moderate. The trail offers a number of activity options and is best used from March until November. Dogs are also able to use this trail.

Great hike with my pups! Enjoyed the fall colors and awesome views.

Fun morning hike! Go early, it gets hot once you're hiking above the pine trees

Hike was a bit challenging for me towards uphill. View at the top is spectacular. Make sure to pack sufficient amount of water. My iPhone recorded as 5 mile as overall hike, not sure why my All Trails recording still shows 4.4 mile. Overall hike was challenging and very good.

Did this hike yesterday and we all thought it was challenging but a great workout. My Apple Watch says it was 2.56 miles trailhead to overlook and it took the four of us 56 minutes to the overlook with a few water stops along the way. Our pace was 21 minute miles and our hearts were pumping. I think it's a bit longer than the 2.2 miles listed.
Beautiful views of SLC at the top.

A few challenging sections but the view from the overlook is definitely worth the effort!