Desolation Trail - Millcreek Portion

Desolation Trail - Millcreek Portion is a 9.6 mile moderately trafficked out and back trail located near Salt Lake City, Utah that features beautiful wild flowers and is rated as difficult. The trail is primarily used for hiking and trail running and is best used from May until September. Dogs are also able to use this trail.

Well maintained trail climbs by switchback to a viewpoint overlooking Salt Lake City. This section continues up to the Porter Fork pass just below the Porter Fork Trail Junction. The entire trail then continues a total of 18 miles and crosses into Big Cottonwood Canyon along Raymond Ridge to Desolation Lake

Love this hike! I can take my dogs, the ground is soft, there are trees shading the entire way, and it's beautiful!

I however, got 10.7 miles recorded on my Garmin from the parking lot to the rock peak and back.

More than a moderate hike/run. Views are stunning!

This is a great hike during the hot months of summer. It offers plenty of shade and beautiful greenery with a gorgeous lookout point.

Did this trail yesterday and loved it

One of the coolest trails I've been on.

One of my favorites hike, most of the trail is pretty shaded, there are two places where you walk through spots of beautiful wild flowers.
The lake is really pretty and due to the length, there usually isn't tons of people up there.

If you want a hike, I guarantee this is something you wanna walk if you want to see what work your legs. It's steep and a good workout. I been walking this trail on my deer hunt, and it's one of the challenging hike I been on. Great workout.