Did this loop on 6/10/18 in the clockwise direction. A constant incline from the very start, but the views are fantastic and only saw a few other people on the trail. My GPS clocked us in at 8.9 miles compared to the 7.3miles noted above. It took us about 7 hours with a long lunch break at the summit.

We brought spikes but never put them on. We had to walk in a little snow a few times before the peak, but nothing deep or sketchy. We found the descent to be more difficult because the trail was composed of loose rock, fairly steep, and mixed with a few muddy spots on some of the steeper parts. The trail eventually evens out as you continue heading to the trailhead.

I'd highly recommend hiking poles. I brought mine and gave my friend one of the poles. We still were losing our footing quite a bit on the way down and took a couple minor spills.

On the descent, there was still a small snow patch (maybe 10-15 feet wide) that I think Lyman W was referring to. It was a bit sketchy because a slip would have had some consequences. There was another portion where we were able to take a route around the snow but it was steep and muddy. Nothing that would deter me from doing it again, but just need to be cautious.