Delicate Arch Viewpoint Trail

Delicate Arch Viewpoint Trail is a 0.7 mile moderately trafficked out and back trail located near Moab, Utah that features beautiful wild flowers and is good for all skill levels. The trail is primarily used for hiking, walking, nature trips, and birding and is accessible year-round.

This trail is rated as "easy" because it is short and not strenuous. If you go in the winter, it's important to note that this trail has numerous places where people leave the trail to take photos, and these vantage points can be icy and slippery in the winter. Details: Length: 100 yards (91 meters) round trip Time: 10 to 15 minutes In addition to the short accessible trail, another (moderately strenuous) hiking trail climbs one-half mile (0.8 km) toward Delicate Arch and ends at the rim of a steep canyon that separates the viewpoint from the arch. (This is not the popular trail to Delicate Arch, which starts at the Wolfe Ranch parking area.)

Did this hike after going up to the Arch.
This trail gives you a different perspective and view.

Easy hike but view is pretty far away

A great view if you aren’t able to hike to the arch. If you are able though, definitely hike the actual arch. For such a short easy hike though, this one is worth it.

easy not as good as the main trail to the arch but different view point

So many people actually said that if you can do or have done the Delicate Arch trail that this trail was a waste of time and boring. I went in with those thoughts, but actually was pleasantly surprised. It's kind of nice to see this different view of the arch and the cliff face on the other side that you don't see from the actual trail (which I have done twice in the past). We spent close to an hour on the trail, much of it walking around at the view point. Keep in mind that when it rains or sleets/wet snows, the trail can get muddy, messy and slippery like it did on this day.

You are still pretty far from the Delicate Arch, but even so the trail has some good views.

Great trail! Delicate Arch was pretty far away, even from the Upper View trail, but that is to be expected! If you know that ahead of time, you won’t be disappointed. The landscape views and view of Delicate Arch were beautiful! The trail itself features a lot of red rock stairs, but there are also paths next to them if you’d rather. My husband, our 2.5 y/o son, and I all hiked to the top. When we got to the top, people seemed rather astonished that our little guy made it all the way up on his own (which surprised us). Maybe it’s because we were going up so slowly (toddlers have a way of taking their time!), but it wasn’t strenuous at all. He did great, up and back, and we were able to get some great views in as a family. Overall, it was the best “hard” hike for a toddler while still feeling like a hike for us adults!

We went at sunset, no one else was there. So dark and still and could see every star in the sky.

Keep in mind this trail will not lead to up to the arch, but it will give you some excellent views. The walk down to the lower view (trail to the right) is easy. The higher view, which is a much better view, has quite a few stairs. It is a short trip up, but be prepared for a steep climb.

Go for the legit trail. This, unfortunately, isn't worth the effort.

There are two options. The lower viewpoint is only a few hundred feet walk and accessible by all. The upper viewpoint is very upper! Lots of uneven rock stairs, lots of elevation gain. Nice hike, short and not hard, but not too easy either.

Slight incline. You're pretty far from delicate arch so you don't get to really appreciate it too well, and unless you have a good zoom to your camera it's not even worth taking a picture of. We felt like we had to go since delicate arch is so famous, but the easy trails to arches you can walk up to are much more worth it.

Sunday, March 19, 2017

My boys were not interested in doing the harder trail out to the Arch, do we did the shorter version. The hike was fun, we got off of concrete rather quickly and climbed up to the viewpoint. My boys (6&10) really enjoyed it. The arch is farther than I had hoped, but it was perfect for the boys.

Saturday, October 01, 2016

Small one

Thursday, September 29, 2016

Easy walk/hike to a viewpoint with Delicate Arch in the distance. This is the trail to take if you're just driving through and don't have the time/ability to make the longer and more difficult Delicate Arch Trail. Nowhere near the arch, but you can see it from here.

Saturday, August 13, 2016

Ok if you have no time & need to see this famous landmark, If you take the trail to the arch, this is not worth your time

Monday, July 25, 2016

Did this with my kids last year since we didn't have time to do the other way. It's really best up close.

Sunday, July 17, 2016

Easy hike to view Delicate Arch, but the view is from very far away and it is difficult to get a better view without hiking to the arch. I wish I could have done the actual trail to this arch, but we had been hiking all day and nobody else wanted to do the hike and we were running out of daylight. Will have to go back to hike to this arch.

Wednesday, June 22, 2016

Its toooo far away to appreciate the grand nature of this arch soooo glad we hiked the real trail to the arch !!!

Wednesday, May 25, 2016

Good option if you don't have time for the real hike. Far view though.

Wednesday, March 30, 2016

Did this hike in previous visits. Was able to take the time to hike to the arch this trip. The Delicate Arch trail is a must if your able.

Friday, February 05, 2016

Easy trail but can be a bit steep towards the end for some people. Good for children. You don't get very close to the arch but it is a nice alternative view of it. We went at sunset and it was cool to see the scale of it with the people up around the arch.

Sunday, January 17, 2016

Easy trail that gives a great view from below of one of the wonders of Utah.

Sunday, May 03, 2015

Short walk to a viewpoint of Delicate Arch. Take the 1.5 mile trail to the arch if you can. It's much better then the viewpoint.

Friday, October 31, 2014

A must do in the park. When approaching the trailhead, be prepared to park along the side of the road, because there is very limited parking and this is a VERY popular hike. The hike is nothing to brag about until you almost get to the arch. It's a steady uphill most of the way, and picks up a little over a mile in when you walk up the flat rock-face. Once at the top, the trail goes alongside a cliff face, so those that are weary of heights should be considered warned. At the arch, prepare for literally 100 people to be there, all waiting their turn to stand under the arch and show some pearly whites. Honestly, the crowd of people at the top ruined the hike for me, as nobody seemed to stop and admire the beauty of the area, but rather treated it as an amusement or a commodity. That being said, this was still in my top 5 favorite hikes in the park.

Thursday, May 29, 2014

A short walk to a long-distance view of Delicate Arch. Next time, I'll get up earlier and take the long way all the way to the arch.

Tuesday, May 27, 2014

This trail is literally 50 meters long (extremely short). In other words, it isn't much of a trail. It is also paved the entire way. It is 100% flat, and it is handicap accessible. If you have the ability to climb the actual delicate arch trail, then I would suggest you do that one too, since it gives you an entirely different viewpoint of the arch and how massive it is (you want walk right up to it). The main trail is the single best hike you can do in Moab. But that trail is steep and can be very hot, and requires lots of water. So if you have someone with you that can't do the trail, then do this one so that you at least get to see the arch before it collapses. I hiked the main delicate arch trail by myself since I was with someone who was 8 months pregnant. They stayed in the car with the A/C running while I hiked the main trail. I had such a blast I wanted them to see it, so we drove over and went to this viewpoint so at least she got to see it.

Friday, April 11, 2014

Great trail for families. If you are able I highly suggest doing the full hike up to the arch. It's two miles more but worth it!