Delicate Arch Trail is a 2.9 mile heavily trafficked out and back trail located near Moab, Utah that features beautiful wild flowers and is rated as moderate. The trail offers a number of activity options and is accessible year-round.

rock climbing

partially paved

Delicate Arch Trail is a short hike in Arches National Park to Utah's most recognizable natural arch. You will likely recognize the famous arch from the Utah license plates. The hike starts at the Delicate Arch Trailhead off at the Wolf Ranch turn-off in the Moab area of southern Utah . There is a large parking area right off of the main park road. From the parking area you will cross the bridge over salt wash. The hike to Delicate Arch is just over 1.5 miles each way, approximately a 3 mile hike round-trip. It is best hiked in spring and fall when the temperatures are cooler, or during the golden hours just after sunrise or and before sunset when the rocks seem to turn a magical color and the air temperature is bearable again. Take at least 1 quart (1 liter) of water per person! There is no shade. Open slickrock with some exposure to heights. The first half-mile is a wide, well-defined trail. Upon reaching the slickrock, follow the rock cairns. The trail climbs gradually and levels out toward the top of this rock face. Just before you get to Delicate Arch, the trail goes along a rock ledge for about 200 yards. A visit to this beautiful arch is a must do in Arches National Park. Parking is limited and can fill up quickly during peak tourism months so make sure to arrive at the trailhead early.

Beautiful hike. Challenging, but a lot of fun. The view up top is worth the fierce incline on the way up.

Probably the best hike (this and the loop in the north part with several arches). This is a clasic and a must-hike./walk

This was a good, well trafficked hike. We completed this hike in early August and it was very hot. Make sure to bring plenty of water.

More moderate than hard - I’m carrying a fair bit of excess baggage and found this walk ok - defo 5 stars

Absolutely amazing views from the arch! Take plenty of water. It was cloudy and 55 degrees and I still went through two bottles. I went early in the morning and was at the arch by 9. There were tons of people heading up on my way back down, so I recommend going early. Well worth the hike. This one is a must do!

We went with our young kids in 65-70 degree weather. Perfect! The trail is awesome, with some parts like they were lifted from the set of an old western. Before going, we had our kids practice walking single file along an imaginary cliff edge. I'm glad we did for the last stretch by the drop off, because our usually rambunctious kids were well-behaved. The arch is amazing to see, but it's not the most kid-friendly point with drop offs all around. We stayed for about two minutes then turned back.

We went at sunset, and that might be overrated. I'm not sure it was different than any other time of day.

Group of fairly fit 60-somethings made it up no problem. Great scenery on the way as well as the top. Lots of friendly weekend folks. Just one of multiple trails in Arches Nat’l Park.

Nice, moderate hike with huge pay-off. This is one of the most popular hikes in the park, but the trail is generally so wide that it didn’t really feel crowded until we got up to the area around there arch. Even then, we were all able to get solo pictures with the arch without much waiting. Went in the fall right at golden hour, the lighting was beautiful and the arch is really special.

Hiked with my 9 months old on my back and 6 years old boy last weekend . Awesome...

Strenuous hike but the views worth it

Beautiful hike ask most are in Utah. We loved this national park and hike. Here is the video on my hike.

Did this hike last week it’s beautiful and not to challenging. We did It closer to evening and there were tons of people at the arch. It was almost impossible to get a photo without someone standing with their arms up under the arch.. recommend going in early hours to avoid the crowds. Would have loved to see the sunrise here but it just didn’t work out for us this time.

I did this hike twice in 24 hours, once at sunset and again starting before sunrise. I prefer the sunrise with less people willing to get up at 4 am to start hiking. Got kind of freaked out losing the trail up the slick rock in the pitch dark, but that's why I use this app and a headlamp. Enjoy the stars if you night hike! I'd recommend doing it at least once in the daylight before you attempt in the dark, the trail is deceiving in the darkness.

This hike is well worth it when you get to the top but NOT an easy hike. Uphill much of the way but just take your time.

Steep incline for about 1/3 the round trip hike, flat 1/3 and steady decline for 1/3. I used poles which was helpful, but not necessary. I had already done 10 miles today and was reluctant to hike another 3 but boy...so worth it. We luckily and totally by chance ended up at the arch five minutes or so before sunset and the arch literally GLOWED. I almost cried because it was just so insanely beautiful...if you don’t do any other somewhat difficult trails in the park, do this one.

Great hike with amazing views at the end! I would say this is a strenuous hike due to the extreme incline hiking on sandstone for about 1/4-1/2 of a mile. There are some steep ledges towards the end of the hike so if you are scared of heights I’d hug the wall on this portion.

Great hike but quite hard for this 57 year old out of shape gal. I say just do it. I had to stop a lot on the way up-much steeper than I thought but the view of the Delicate Arch is well worth it. We went about 8:45 am and it was only 35 degrees when we started but it turned out to be a blessing because we were not overheated or overly thirsty. The trail goes along a cliff edge right at the end which was a little unnerving but I stayed close to the rock face and was fine. There were not very many people there so we were able to take lots of pics. This was one of my favorite hikes.

Very fun and certainly worth the walk. Definitely clogged with people but understandably so

beautiful trail. very heavy traffic but worth checking out.

The drive up was incredible. This is your traditional hard-on-the-way-up, easy-on-the-way-down hike. BUT the arch is worth any discomfort. We were pushing pretty hard due to a time crunch and finished this in 1.25hrs. However, cost $30 to get into the park and I actually enjoyed the view at Corona Arch more, which was a free hike. Still cool if you dont mind paying!

Beautiful night hike to see the stars!! No problems getting up/down at night. There is a steeper rock portion going up where there’s not a clear path, but there’s so many people coming up/down that it was easy to find way. If night hiking, bring flashlight for sure! Arches is a no light park and the parking lot/surrounding area is completely black. Great for viewing stars! Just beautiful

We said our vows under delicate Arch. it's one of our favorite places.

A must do hike in Moab!!!!

Wow! What a scenic view! Delicate Arch is my all time top favorite hiking destination spots in Moab, Utah! If you are exploring in Moab, check out Arches National Park without any doubt! Going during the busy season (April-Mid October)?? The trail will be busy, so expect high traffic. During the late Fall and Winter months you'll want to dress warm like a Fleece or Windbreaker and expect less traffic on the trail. You definitely want to take at least 1-2 liters of water and a snack (granola bar) per person. It's about 3 miles up, there is little to no shade, and it is open slickrock (may be slippery in winter) with some exposure to heights. Keep an eye out for cute Jack Rabbits and have fun!!

Super busy trail - but a must do. The arch is absolutely amazing - just don’t expect to get a picture without someone standing in it... it’s a fairly straightforward walk up hill, the path is well marked throughout.

A bit of a tourist trap, but to be expected with a famous landmark.

We lucked out with cool weather, but I would imagine it would difficult in hot weather. Most of the hike is exposed and there is little if any areas for shade.

My favorite part was the old abandoned ranch and the petroglyphs just past.

Nicely, enjoyable, well marked, wide walking trail for the most part. Moderate level, worth the 2.9 mile hike.. amazing arch and views..

Great hike. I did ok with the ledge: it slopes inward towards the wall.

Great hike. The payoff at the end was well worth the trip. Don’t underestimate the amount of water you will need. The Arch is spectacular.

Great view at the end of Delicate Arch! Very, very windy at the arch but lots of places to sit. The trail is fairly easy except for a few spots. Hiking poles will make it easier in some parts of the trail. It takes about 50 minutes to get to the arch & about 40 minutes to get back to the parking lot.