Deer Creek-Dry Creek Trail

Deer Creek-Dry Creek Trail is a 7.1 mile moderately trafficked out and back trail located near American Fork, Utah that features beautiful wild flowers and is rated as moderate. The trail offers a number of activity options and is accessible year-round. Horses are also able to use this trail.

This trail climbs steeply, and accesses the heart of the Lone Peak Wilderness area which includes high alpine peaks, scenic meadows, and a variety of Flora and Fauna.

nice narrow trail with few people on it.

Great views on this trail as it climbs high on up on the north side of the Canyon. You can see the Tibble Fork reservoir, and Silver Flat reservoir to the south east. My Timpanogos to the South and Box Elder Peak across the Canyon. Moose, Snakes and lizards along the trail and views of a few waterfalls. Saw only three people on the trail. What more could you want?

It was harder than expected. The incline to crazy but it was a blast. Loved running down it

I was the only person on the trail with my two dogs. It was very quiet and peaceful. Lots of different paths you can take to get different views. I really enjoyed it. I will be back. It was great solitude above the busy tibble reservoir.

Really nice hike. Had to turn back at about 7500 feet when the snow got too deep. I'll definitely be back to finish.

DRY CREEK TRAIL - I've only hiked this half of the trail. Some day I will hike the Deer Creek side and post another review about that half of the trail. The trailhead starts in Alpine. It's about 5.1 miles to the ridge and a little over 3900 feet elevation gain. I would rate this as a moderate trail. The views are amazing! To the west you can see Alpine, Traverse Mountain and even Herriman. From the ridge looking east you can see Tibblefork Reservoir. When I hiked up, I "ridge hiked" to the north. This climb is a lot steeper but worth the views. If you go far enough north you can look down at Silver Lake Flat and Silver Lake.

Saturday, May 14, 2016