Death Hollow

Death Hollow is a 14.4 mile moderately trafficked out and back trail located near Boulder, Utah that features beautiful wild flowers and is only recommended for very experienced adventurers. The trail offers a number of activity options and is best used from March until October. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

I could not find it!!! Can the developers of this app please add exact location description of each trailhead. I made a turn from scenic 12 bypass into road 154 but could not find the trail. Sorry if my rating messes up an otherwise amazing hiking trail:(
I was here on July 30th, 2017. Maybe some reviewers can help with exact location where the trail starts

Friday, June 03, 2016

A truly rewarding trek. Totally gorgeous and closer to Salt Lake City than many other Escalante trails.

Please check out the article I wrote (linked below) with tips and takeaways from our own journey to Death Hollow. The directions on this AllTrails "Directions" link to Google Maps are just plain incorrect--they lead you to the Burr Trail when really you want the Boulder Mail Trail.

Additionally, the description of this trail as "easy" is VERY far from the truth. This hike is demanding for even experienced hikers.

Sunday, August 09, 2015

This is one of my all-time favorite hikes! We always use the sneaker route to drop into Death Hollow. Great hike. It's like Coyote Gulch but without all the people. Just be attentive to the poison ivy. It is everywhere down there.

Tuesday, June 02, 2015

Unbelievable hike. We started and boulder airport and ended where the Escalante meets highway 12 spending two nights on the trail. It was slow going for us in death hollow itself. It was fun to do it while the water was relatively high. Watch out of poison ivy!

Wednesday, February 11, 2015

I think this is my all-time favorite hike! Boulder airport to Highway 12 bridge. One of the most spectacular and fun back-country swimming holes inside Death Hollow. The variety is amazing - amazing view down into Death Hollow from Mail Trail, beautiful and clear stream running through a deep gorge, exciting pools to cross, indian pictographs and ruins on cliff walls, and arches and amazing rock formations. A lush stream and canyon in the desert and next to Boulder Mountain - what more could you ask for?