Dead Horse Point State Park Short Loop Trail

Dead Horse Point State Park Short Loop Trail is a 1 mile moderately trafficked loop trail located near Moab, Utah that offers the chance to see wildlife and is good for all skill levels. The trail is primarily used for hiking and walking and is accessible year-round. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

Incredible view looking into Canyonlands. If you plan to visit Canyonlands, this is a must-do.

Great view! Was perfect for my small dog. Definitely worth a visit after Arches.

Amazing views from above. Sad story about Dead Horse and how the history started. Enjoyed this quick leg stretch on our way to Moab.

Beautiful!!

Awesome views. I have never seen anything like this before.

scenic driving

Gorgeous views. Liked the overlook to Schafer trail where we had been two days earlier. Hiked partway around. Best views at the end of the point.

Perfect length for the kidos!

After several strenuous days hiking in the mountains in SLC, this was a wonderfully chill little hike with beautiful vistas. I went into the park around 5:00 p.m. Sunday evening. Temperature was warm, but not too hot - low '80s, pack plenty of water still - it's the desert, folks. It's $15 to get into the park and they do take cards. I asked if there was anything I should know, and he suggested I try the Big Horn Lookout trail first as it would be less crowded while everyone was hiking the two main trails. When I reached Big Horn Lookout it literally took my breath away. I was able to hit a few more lookout points - Rim was one of them, and a little wandering on the West Rim Trail. The hiking is easy, the park rangers do a fantastic job with the stacked rock markers to make it easy to get around, it's a pretty stress-free hike! Birds, beetles and tiny lizards who pose for photos. I wandered around for about 2.5 hours pushing the limits of sunset, and ended up driving in the pitch black through the unlit canyons on the way out and back to Moab.

Friday, July 14, 2017

absolutely breath taking

Tuesday, July 11, 2017

Watched the sunset here and absolutely loved it.

Wednesday, June 14, 2017

Nice point

Monday, March 20, 2017

Nice stroll with some great viewpoints of the canyons and river below. This is where Tom Cruise filmed some impossible rock climbing abilities in one of the MI films. We had to cut our time short because a really crazy thunderstorm with lightning all around came up fast. Worth the drive out.

Wednesday, February 01, 2017

Easy walk with a beautiful panoramic view!

off road driving