Days Fork Trail

Days Fork Trail is a 7.1 mile moderately trafficked out and back trail located near Salt Lake City, Utah that features beautiful wild flowers and is rated as difficult. The trail offers a number of activity options and is accessible year-round.

Directions from Salt Lake City: Follow Big Cottonwood Canyon Road (7000 South Wasatch Blvd.) about 9.7 miles up the canyon to Spruces Campground. The trail begins from the west loop of the campground on the south side of the road.

Yes there is still some awesome snowshoeing available but it won't last long. There are still some track to follow but breaking trail now is mostly limited to dealing with soft snow

This was beautiful. Even if you only go to the lower meadow (about 1.6 miles in) I would still consider this a hard hike. It's very steep at some parts and only levels out a few times. Had to take a few breaks. We went a bit farther and it only got steeper....so we turned around as we could not see an end to the uphill.
This trail is also very well used by skiers and snowboarders, so be aware and watch out. Some places along the trail give you very little room to move over.

Tuesday, December 06, 2016

Very strenuous snowshoe hike. Mostly uphill but when you come back it's nice and easy since you are waking down. All the trees were covered in snow which was beautiful. Saw mostly skiers hiking up and coming down so you need to be careful in the winter.

Thursday, August 18, 2016

Really enjoyable hike. Didn't see any other hikers until the fork to the mine. Checked out the mine which was cool but not necessarily worth the time. After reaching the Big/Little Cottonwood ridge line, continued along the ridge East to Davenport Hill. Definitely worthwhile to make the extra 3/4 mile hike along the ridge. Views of Big and Little Cottonwood Canyons and Alta are amazing. If you want to make a loop of the hike, there is a fork along the ridge line that takes you down to the Silver Fork trail.

Friday, July 29, 2016

It's a quiet trail. Didn't see anyone else. It starts out like a gravel atv trail then keeps going up, steeper then I expected dirt trail. We made it just over a half mile in where we found the trail over grown and lots & lots & lots of bees swarming so we turned around.

Thursday, July 14, 2016

There were no other people on this trail. It was lush, green and shaded. I only went as far as the first meadow. I wish I had worn long pants for the parts of the trail that were overgrown and because of the ever biting flies.The jagged mountain view from the meadow was very nice. It was worth the climb.

Tuesday, July 05, 2016

Very cool, it's worth it to go all the way up!

Wednesday, June 15, 2016

This was a fantastic hike until the end. I went up mid-June, but lost the trail in the snow! I'll try again later in the season! Even though I didn't make it all the way, the scenery was spectacular and I got out of the hot valley!

Tuesday, May 31, 2016

Great nearly empty trail while the whole world was hiking nearby Donut Falls on Memorial Day '16. Steep at first, we only hiked to the meadow, about 1.5 miles, less than 1000 feet. Trailhead is in Spruces campground, park out on street outside ski season, walk into campground, I would assume it's free to enter the campground to use this trail. Don't pay the $8 day use fee to park in the campground, you'll only save a few steps. Great hike for campers already in a site at Spruces.

Wednesday, February 03, 2016

Saturday, August 15, 2015

The trail climbs steeply for the 1st mile then less steep for the next 2 miles. Then when you get to the upper basin the trial divides with the right fork going to a mine and then a pass overlooking Alta. The left fork the one we took climbs steeply to first a great view of the head of Silver Fork. if you continue another 1/4 mile you get an amazing view from upper Little Cottonwood Canyon clear down to Thunder Ridge.