Davis Creek Trail

Davis Creek Trail is a 2.6 mile lightly trafficked loop trail located near Farmington, Utah that features a waterfall and is rated as moderate. The trail offers a number of activity options and is accessible year-round. Dogs are also able to use this trail.

Intermediate hike to a water fall. For camping, you take the pretty valley split off where you can hike onward through a loop either going to Hell Hole or Pretty Valley to camp. The split off loop is about 3 miles with another 900 foot elevation gain, taking about 3 hours round the loop.

This trail is definitely not a Moderate Difficulty! The majority of the trail if pretty steep, and reversely steep on the way back down. I would definitely rate this as Hard or Strenuous. That being said, the directions took me right to the trail head, there's a parking lot just NW of he trail head to park at. Luckily I had my map downloaded, because there were a few spots with forks. The first fork will give you the option to go to a small waterfall and over a bridge and then goes straight up. The other way will continue you on to Davis Creek Trail. This trail goes up the front of the mountain, across the top, down the back and then around to he front and down. Pretty steep the whole time, especially with the leaves on the ground! The colors were beautiful and the waterfall on the back side of the mountain was absolutely beautiful! I would do this again, just frustrated that it was so ill-labeled difficulty wise.

OK, I, personally, would not rate any trail as “moderate”, if ropes are strung at several places as a aid to negotiating it. Neither would I give a “moderate” rating to a trail which has many narrow, slanted, slippery sections with precipitous drop offs to the canyon floor below, and the only stop if you slide off is the distant bottom. There are several crisscrossing trails, not all of them as treacherous as the Davis Creek trail that runs right next to the canyon. It’s a moderate but easy ascent to the split where you can go left and parallel the canyon (challenging) or go right and take the Pretty Valley loop (I’d call it friendly... kid and dog doable) which leads to and traverses a mountain meadow. The Pretty Valley trail lives up to it’s name, especially now, in the Fall, with leaves turning color. There’s a great camping spot along the way if you’re backpacking. Ultimately the Pretty Valley route will get you, fairly painlessly, to the top waterfall, which is amazing. I got to the top waterfall this route, then chose to descend via the Davis Creek trail which hugs the side of the canyon and eventually comes to a nexus with a bridge that allows for crossing over the creek to the Triumph Trail on the other side. The Davis Creek trail parallel to the canyon is wonderful for its views, but, again, not without some steep, difficult, and scary passages. I wouldn’t take my kids or dogs this way. Nor myself again! The Pretty Valley route, though, gets a big thumbs up.

The trail is, for the most part, steep. I was glad I had my poles. I started up trail and missed the turn when trail turned South just past bench. There was another trail cut up the side of the stream so I followed it to the bridge. From there I wasn’t sure if I should cross bridge or cut up on the right trail. I chose right-which was wrong. Extremely steep and about 3/4 of the way up, I decided to live to see another day I should go back down. Then I tried crossing the bridge which turned out to be equally treacherous. After taking in the amazing waterfall view, I slid back down to bridge on my butt just to be safe and backtracked to the original trail and took the turn that I missed initially. Heading South on correct trail, the view was spectacular, and while it was still steep in places, it was completely doable. Either way, a pretty trail and a good workout.

Whoa, whoa, whoa... Hold up! This trail is rated moderate, and Holbrook Canyon trail is hard? Who does these ratings?!

Lots of waterfalls to see and routes to choose. I would rate this as difficult, not moderate. Attempting to follow the Davis County official trailmap stays much closer to the creek and eventually becomes bushwacking.

Took our kids on this one - not kid friendly for us. Pretty narrow in sections and quite steep.

Easy hike, however I made the mistake on going on one of our 100+ degree days. There were plenty of places to cool off. I did not attempt the rope to the waterfall, however my husband and dog made it fine.

Good easy hike. Kid friendly my 5 and 8 year old made it okay.

Very Steep trail. Nice views of Davis County. Decent waterfall at the end. Narrow trail with heavy brush, maybe wear pants or tall socks. Saw one Rattlesnake.

it was fun. steep and it felt pretty quick.

This trail is quite pretty. I just wasn't really impressed with the trail though. If I did it again, I wouldn't do the loop. I would just stay on the creek side of the trail. My four year old kept asking to not do this one again and to go back to the elephant rock trail. I guess I spoiled her with that hike. Lol!

I would say this hike is on the harder side of moderate, its very steep all the way up and there are a few sketchy areas to get to the waterfall. It was beautiful and peaceful!

When you approach the trail you will see a bunch of "no trespassing" signs. If you keep going you will find the parking lot up ahead. I believe the no trespassing signs are for private property on the sides. This area was not busy at all which is refreshing; however, the trail was very steep! I need to come back earlier or on a cooler day with expectations of a short, steep hike. Maybe my rating will get updated.

Pretty short hike to the waterfall but overall a pretty good hike.

Awesome hike just the right level for moderate hikers looking to train for the next level

We went on the wrong trail and went on Triumph trail and it was extremely steep! Eventually we met up with Hellhole which was a nice trail. Not near as steep. The waterfalls are very pretty.

Steep and slippery with loam and loose gravel, but absolutely gorgeous. I recommend seeing both the lower and upper falls!

Steep climb, but so worth it. Overgrown in places, but well marked. Perfect on a summer morning, shaded the whole way.

Beautiful hike! Steep, but worth it! Definitely get your cardio in. 3 waterfalls and amazing views. My favorite in Davis County so far.

Pretty difficult hike, in part because we got off the correct path a few times. It's easy to get on the wrong trail. Its certainly beautiful and now that I know where I'm supposed to go I would do this again, just be careful to use this app to make sure you're on the path, otherwise it gets very difficult and very steep.