Dark Trail

Dark Trail is a 3.3 mile moderately trafficked out and back trail located near Tooele, Utah that offers the chance to see wildlife and is good for all skill levels. The trail offers a number of activity options and is best used from March until October. Dogs and horses are also able to use this trail.

Nice, easy and relaxing walk thru the woods.

A great family hike! Easy to get to by parking at gate and walking down hill to trail off to the right.

Nice and easy for the kids. The shade made for a nice outing in 95 degree weather.

The trail is clear, and overall it is an easy hike. However, there is not much scenery. It is good if you want to have a mostly shady walk that is not too hard.

It was just me and my 4 children on this one. We took the “dark trail”. My two year old went about a mile on his feet and then I carried him in my backpack the rest of the way. Beautiful forest and shade. We loved this- great for the kids. I am for sure coming back!

My husband and I did this hike on April 18 when we were staying in Tooele with our friend, Jemela.

We didn't want to pay the $3 to get into the campground area, so we parked just outside the pay station and walked in. This only added about 5 minutes to our hike.

Our friends hiked the first few hundred feet with us and they showed us where their geocache was hidden. We continued the hike alone from that point, and we just loved it! We were completely surrounded by greenery the entire time. It was like something out of Jurrasic Park.

The trail is easily walkable, having just a slight incline most of the way. It was also shaded most of the time, so this would be easy even in mid-summer.

It sprinkled on us a bit toward the end of the hike. On the way back, we actually took the paved road instead of the dirt trail. Good thing we did.... it started raining pretty hard toward the end. Thankfully, our friends read our mind and picked us up with their car for the last quarter mile.

Overall a lovely hike! Would definitely recommend!

Monday, June 26, 2017

Good for a quick hike, but nothing's special

Sunday, June 18, 2017

The view at the top is nice, but other then that the trail is rocky and barren.

Wednesday, May 03, 2017

Pretty basic but hike up to the top of the bluff (trail not marked) near the park entrance view is beautiful there.

Sunday, April 16, 2017

Only giving this hike a three because of the wildlife we seen. Very easy hike, not as scenic as most hikes, but close to home.

Thursday, July 18, 2013