Crimson Trail

Crimson Trail is a 4.7 mile moderately trafficked loop trail located near Logan, Utah that features a river and is rated as difficult. The trail offers a number of activity options and is accessible year-round. Dogs are also able to use this trail.

Distance: 4.7 miles Elevation Gain: 1,345 feet Route Type: Loop

The hike goes up along the China Wall and has a great view of the Wind Cave and Second Dam. You can start at one campground, go up along the Crimson Trail and then back through the Riverside Trail to return to the starting campground.

icy

Hiked 11/12/19. Recommend going east to west because I prefer ascending the steeper side instead of trying to negotiate it descending. Some ice on the river trail and on top.

bridge out
closed
private property

Quite possibly the worst hike I have ever been on. My dad got hurt on this hike. It was a tragedy. We were hiking and he fell off. How terrible is that? 0/10 Would not recommend. The terrain felt like Alaska and it was -45 degrees on top. It was cold.

Just enough challenge to make one feel like a boss, but still feels safe and totally doable. I strongly second the advice to go east to west to go more straight up, then switchback down. The views are wondrous...this was a great morning.

Crazy views! Steep inclines but so worth it. We started going east along the river trail and we were glad we’d gone down the crumbly rocks at the end instead of up them.

Steep both ways. So, going up and coming down are both a challenge no matter which direction you decide to go. But, beautiful views as you walk along the “wall”. North facing slope so lots of shade. Great hike.

Nice trail. Far from difficult but that is relative to each person and their activity level. Great views. There are snakes. Wind cave from afar was neat to see. Recommend taking the river trail approach as the loose rock is much easier to climb than to descend. The river trail approach follows the river and begins near the parking lot.

Definitely hike East to West. The incline is more steep on the east making it much harder to go down than up. Although you don’t completely get away from the noise of the highway the views are absolutely worth the hike! Got to see a lot of wildlife including: birds, rock squirrels, a jack rabbit and even a moose!

Awesome, if you’d rather go up steep then down it then I would definitely recommend going up the side by Gueneva. All around better then the wind caves

Hiked this last week with my daughter and husband (And two dogs of course.)It rained hard but was so beautiful. Good workout. Views were amazing.

Awesome trail! went counterclockwise. for those who do that, be careful going down, there are some parts that are loose gravel. I have a pup that loves to pull a little- making it tricky. However, the hike and views were amazing!

I went on this trail with my cousins and it was a blast!! The trees are so pretty and there’s lots of shade. Once we got to the tops of the cliffs we got some pretty gnarly pictures. The adventure vibes were also great. It’s definitely my favorite hike in cache valley.

Hike starting from East to West! After reading other reveiws on how difficult descending on the East side was, we decided to hike up the East side and down the west side. It was great! It was extremely steep at the beginning but once you reach half way it levels out and is beautiful! The rock formations and cliffs were really fun. Going down hill on the west side was not a problem at all. It was a fun hike, a good workout but fun.

Great trail with views nearly the entire trip! Narrow path, steep paths most of the way thru, but mostly well marked during the trek. Finding the starting point can be tricky- starts at the base of spring hallow campgrounds. I did the hike solo which may not be the best idea considering how steep and narrow the trail is. I also came across a deer near the end (river portion) of the path, but it was harmless. Would definitely recommend!

Fantastic views, fabulous trail. it gets a bit dicey on the steepest section on choosing the right trail. They are not marked so be careful and navigate. Dumb Alltrails app crashed on me so I did not get the whole track recorded. I will absolutely do this trail again. I highly recommend going counterclockwise on the route about an hour before sunset. The light is amazing on the rocks.

One of my favorite trails in this area - I try to do it every time I am out here. Very steep ascent and descent, but the views at the top and along the wall are fantastic. We did encounter a rattler on the descent right on the trail, so just be careful.

Beautiful views throughout the entire hike. Steep climb up to top but worth it.

This was a fun day hike to do for sure. We made a great choice on starting the trail going toward the top of the campground road and coming down to the river for the loop, cause it's more up hill starting the river direction. It had beautiful views and some adventure feelings walking along the cliffs.